Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 61314151617181926 ... LastLast

Thread: Suns officially get Shaq, Heat get Shawn Marion, Marcus Banks

Default Re: Shaq Trade: Riley assesses Marion

Quote Originally Posted by Bruinlove
    Haha you're a retard if you think that will work, Suns going 4v5 every play and Shaq just standing under the other teams backboard
    I don't know... When the suns play speed ball, a shot goes up when it's still 2 V 3 or 2 V 4 on the offensive end. I feel like when Shaq's in the game, he's gonna be for defensive purposes and any time a shot doesn't go in, Shaq should stay back and take his sweet time while the Suns jack up a shot regardless of numbers. If the other team does score, then maybe you can expect the Suns to try and run a half-court with Shaq.

Default Re: The Shaq trade is like a science experiment....

i don't see how this can help them. they will likely lose ground in the playoff seeding w/o marion as shaq heals his hip the next few weeks (NO tonight, Lakers, Dallas, Boston, Detroit, GS). if they enter the playoffs with a 6 seed instead of a 2 seed, they could be in much worse shape.

I'm interested in seeing how much the Heat improve. With D-Wade getting healthy and he's in Barkley's fav 5. Playing in the East, they might surprise some teams even though they'll be out of the playoffs. The fact that they shredded the salary of the "out of gas" Diesel stands good for the future. I predict they will be a top 3 team in the East as early as next year.

I was just listening to the Dan Patrick show and he said in the offseason they sent GM's a poll of if they could have any player in the NBA who would it be, and supposedly they voted overwhelmingly in favor of Shaq

madvillain

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    This Shaq trade is too good to be true.

The potential for disaster is enormous.....OR.....the potential for Kerr to be a genius is equally enormous.
    Care to elaborate on that one? Apparently I've had my hands over my ears all day, just found out about the trade now so I'm still wrapping my head around it.

Somebody's gonna need to break it down for me. What's Kerr's logic here, really?

Riley is very smart...

Quote Originally Posted by Smokee
    I was just listening to the Dan Patrick show and he said in the offseason they sent GM's a poll of if they could have any player in the NBA who would it be, and supposedly they voted overwhelmingly in favor of Shaq
    Yeah, crazy to think about now.

But this trade all depends on how much Shaq has left IF motivated.

Regardless, it would be the GREATEST thing in the world for all non-Laker fans to have a Shaq/Suns team knock out the Kobe-led Lakers.

Needless to say TNT will be please for their ratings. :)

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    This Shaq trade is too good to be true.

The potential for disaster is enormous.....OR.....the potential for Kerr to be a genius is equally enormous.

The Suns are the most interesting scientific experiment in the history of the NBA. The one combination of player-team you would never think would happen, just happened. Shaq is nicknamed Superman, but this trade is Bizarro. (get it?)

Hold on tight....its gonna be a bumpy ride......

Every Suns game is now required viewing, just to see what happens.......

I resemble that remark. :

Quote Originally Posted by Smokee
    Was he speaking in terms of an acquisation before heading into the playoffs or just a flat out assesment of who they would like to have on their team?

Bottom line, I would take Diesel on my playoff roster any day...

Default Re: Predict shaqs stats after trade

13, 9 (4), 2, 1 blk, 25-30 mins/gm

() being offensive boards

Good college starter

Suns are so stup1d. I can't believe someone is dumb enough to do this trade. Shaq is done and useless. This trade is worst than Memphis trading gasol for Kwame, draft picks, and cap relief. At least they had a reason to do it.

3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Suns got nothing to lose with this trade

Quote Originally Posted by DCL
    it is a gamble. i never said it wasn't. but if you believe the suns weren't going to the next level anyway like i do, then this trade seems more worthwhile.

pre-shaq trade = no championship for suns.

post-shaq trade = ???

if the suns still don't win, then i don't see it as a big loss since they weren;t going to win the championship anyway. things needed to be changed. they couldn't run and gun and play no half-court game for all series in the playoffs, especially when the west is stacked with so many big men. amare is big, but he's really a 4. other than for the jordan era, i believe in the old school of thought: adding a big man presence is never a bad piece for any championship team.
    I totally agree. But I was just thinking how much the Suns are hating themselves for not getting that Garnett deal done last summer. I know they had to give up either Marion or Stoudemire + filler for him. I know they are kicking themselves in the head, cause basically as a result of not making that deal, they make this one. Shaq was the best possible deal they could've gotten, but obviously Garnett last summer would've been wayyy better.

NBA sixth man of the year picc84's Avatar

They have plenty to lose. ESPN reports Shaq is gonna be sidelined for another 2 weeks, and there's no guarantee he wont get injured again. The next 2 weeks for the Suns is not exactly an easy schedule either.

NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Predict shaqs stats after trade

16 ppg, 10 rpg, 3 apg, 2 bpg, 62 FG%, 30 mpg. And wow is Shaq really down to 312 pounds? He was 315 when he was in great shape in 1999-2000 and he admitted to being 365 at one point despite being 7-1 barefoot. No way is he 400 pounds and btw Marion is only 6-5 in reality and he could grab about 10 rpg so Shaq should be able to.

nothing to lose but the number one seed in the west.

they might have beaten the spurs last year if not for the suspensions. not saying they would, just that it was close. no one can say that they definitively couldn't win it all just becasue they haven't. grant hill was a major acquisition. plus it's an even number year, so the spurs are a nonfactor. i don't know. i'm not a suns fan, but i'm not necessarily convinced that they couldn't win with this system. if i was, then i'd agree wholeheartedly.