Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1522232425262728 ... LastLast
    Good college starter EricForman's Avatar

Default Re: Why didn't the Suns pursue a Marion/Banks for JO Deal?

maybe because even old and out of shape Shaq is still better than Jermaine Oneal.

Certified ISHiot.

Default Re: Has anyone heard anything from Marion?

Quote Originally Posted by Rab
    I don't know that he's pissed. The FO said he was okay with going to Miami, so I don't know. I'm just curious to see what he had to say about it all.
    i was joking, but what i was getting at was that he wanted more credit/attention and he finally gets traded and apparently no one cares what he has to say because we haven't heard anything.

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

Default Re: Suns got nothing to lose with this trade

Quote Originally Posted by PejaNowitzki
    What does facing the basket have to do with his defense??? You make it sound like its impossible for a team to devise plays to take advantage of matchup problems down by the basket, that is absolute nonsense.
    So you're acknowledging that the Suns have to install plays into the offense. Yet you still feel my point wasn't valid?!?

But it has a hell a lot to do with taking up space and preventing 2 or 3 guys from crowding into the same area. Just by HIS presence, Shaq makes the Suns a better rebounding team. If you can't see that, then there is nothing else I can say, as this notion is basic common sense.
    First, no one player can box out two players. Just not happening. Secondly, if Shaq was magically able to box out two players the Miami Heat wouldn't be the worst rebounding team in the NBA.

Because the idea that Shaq isn't going to clog up the middle on defense is absolutely ludicrous. On offense, you might have a point with his effectiveness, but he's still played decently defensively, and one thing you can guarantee is that every center in the NBA won't be having a career game against the Suns each night anymore.
    Shaq is not the defensive enforcer you are giving him credit for. Opposing centers have played extremely well agaisnt Shaq the last few years and Miami has given up lots of interior points this season. On top of that teams can now run ball screen actions against Phoenix to be defended by Steve Nash and Shaquille O'Neal.

Quote Originally Posted by StroShow4
    i was joking, but what i was getting at was that he wanted more credit/attention and he finally gets traded and apparently no one cares what he has to say because we haven't heard anything.

Bol'd over

Default Re: Why didn't the Suns pursue a Marion/Banks for JO Deal?

Quote Originally Posted by kgisbigticket
    But after this season I don't see Shaq being really effective.
    I agree, but I would take him for two years over JO at the moment. With how often JO is injured, who knows how much longer he will be effective.

Default Re: Shaq Press Conference

Quote Originally Posted by TruthKGRay3412
    Did he say when he will play his first game?
    Nothing has been set in stone thus yet although he did mention that he had a detailed conversation with Grant Hill who had nothing but positive things to say in regards to the Pheonix Suns training staff. He was also asked how much gas he still had in the tank. As expected he would, Shaq claimed that the Diesel he has plenty of basketball left in his system...

But yea, as of this moment no date has been set of his return to the hardwood...

Eddie Johnson(who is close friends with Marion) said that he was sad to leave a team where he has put so much work/time into, but excited with playing with Wade, helping to lead that team back to the top.

Eddie Johnson(who is close friends with Marion) said that he was sad to leave a team where he has put so much work/time into, but excited with playing with Wade, helping to lead that team back to the top.
    Any link?

I wonder if this trade will actually improve the Suns in the next couple of seasons. I'm certainly no expert on NBA economics, but my guess would be that Shaq will bring in extra revenue to the Suns through tickets, merchandise, advertizing, etc.

If that's the case, along with this acquisition, I wonder if this means the owner of the Suns (Sarver?) is willing to spend more on the team. Perhaps no more selling of draft picks, disposing of players (Jones, Thomas) and more money will be invested in what the team needs to win?

As for the now, I think this trade makes sense for the team. Marion was unhappy and may have opted out. Chemistry may improve and if the desert air has the same effect on Shaq that it has on many other players in Phoenix, we may see a glimpse of the old Shaq come playoff time.

Quote Originally Posted by ukballer
    Any link?

He was on KTAR 620 AM this morning. He was pretty defensive, admitting that Marion could be a pain in the lockerroom, but that it was worth it for a guy who put it all out on the floor for 48 minutes. As it is, it has become evident that Marion's unhappiness with his perceived lack of importance on the team, as well as the constant trade rumors, caused a big locker room disturbance.

College star

If he does indeed get the Suns to the championship, I'm willing to put him in my top 3 ever with MJ and Kareem.
    I'm pretty confident that Shaq can still average 11 rebounds and 3 blocks if he sets his mind on it. He doesn't have to score 20.

Maybe Sarver knew he was gonna land the Big Aristotle earlier in the season when he was dumping salaries and picks?

Suns' fans can only hope! :

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckOakley
    I wonder if this trade will actually improve the Suns in the next couple of seasons. I'm certainly no expert on NBA economics, but my guess would be that Shaq will bring in extra revenue to the Suns through tickets, merchandise, advertizing, etc.

If that's the case, along with this acquisition, I wonder if this means the owner of the Suns (Sarver?) is willing to spend more on the team. Perhaps no more selling of draft picks, disposing of players (Jones, Thomas) and more money will be invested in what the team needs to win?

As for the now, I think this trade makes sense for the team. Marion was unhappy and may have opted out. Chemistry may improve and if the desert air has the same effect on Shaq that it has on many other players in Phoenix, we may see a glimpse of the old Shaq come playoff time.

I loved the fact he goes Steve Nash is one of the best point guards ever to play the game, and goes on to say he can make everyone else on the team better. Wonder what Amare thinks of that :

College star

Quote Originally Posted by TruthKGRay3412
    Did he say when he will play his first game?
    He said he hopes to be back in action before the All Star break

Quote Originally Posted by ukballer
    I loved the fact he goes Steve Nash is one of the best point guards ever to play the game, and goes on to say he can make everyone else on the team better. Wonder what Amare thinks of that :
    I'm sure he agrees with Shaq. Shaq was Amares childhood idol and they have a great relationship. Amare knows that moving back to the pf spot and having Shaq at C makes him better. He's not stupid.