Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 425
  1. #76
    Smooth Like Butter Richie2k6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    9,067

    Default Re: Shaq To Nash: "I Will Not Let You Down"

    Quote Originally Posted by The Answer
    Why do you say that? Not all five players need to run up and down the court constantly in an uptempo offense. Do you think a 40 year old Kareem was sprinting up and down the court at the end of the showtime era? Of course not. A big part of his job was to start breaks with his rebounding, shot blocking, and outlet passing skill. Then, in the half court situations, the Lakers could always go inside to him for an easy two. I honestly see no reason why Shaq can't play a similar role for the Suns; well, except for possible injuries I guess.
    Finally somebody says it. Shaq isn't going to have to sprint like Rip Hamilton to fit in the offense.

  2. #77
    Certified ISHiot.
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    19,907

    Default Re: Shaq To Nash: "I Will Not Let You Down"

    O'Neal is down to 312 pounds

  3. #78
    I rule the local playground eauclaire447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    553

    Thumbs up Re: Shaq To Nash: "I Will Not Let You Down"

    Quote Originally Posted by The Answer
    Why do you say that? Not all five players need to run up and down the court constantly in an uptempo offense. Do you think a 40 year old Kareem was sprinting up and down the court at the end of the showtime era? Of course not. A big part of his job was to start breaks with his rebounding, shot blocking, and outlet passing skill. Then, in the half court situations, the Lakers could always go inside to him for an easy two. I honestly see no reason why Shaq can't play a similar role for the Suns; well, except for possible injuries I guess.
    this is the best post i have read in a while!!! great job

  4. #79
    Local High School Star The Answer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    1,277

    Default Re: Shaq To Nash: "I Will Not Let You Down"

    Quote Originally Posted by eauclaire447
    this is the best post i have read in a while!!! great job
    Thanks.

  5. #80
    Local High School Star ChrisConley's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,030

    Default Re: Shaq To Nash: "I Will Not Let You Down"

    Quote Originally Posted by bjtrdff
    'And by the way, all that racism crap I spouted when you won your MVP, forget about it. I never said it. In fact, I said the opposite. kazaam.'
    link please.

    i can't any quote where shaq insinuates nash got mvp b/c he's white.

  6. #81
    Local High School Star LongBeachLakers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    1,176

    Default Re: Shaq To Nash: "I Will Not Let You Down"

    Reminds me of Kwame Brown telling Jordan, "if you draft me, you'll never regret it."

  7. #82
    Darrick Martin's Coach bjtrdff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,276

    Default Re: Shaq To Nash: "I Will Not Let You Down"

    I don't remember the exact quote. But it was around when Nash narrowly beat Shaq for MVP, and it was brought up, and Shaq had a few comments on it. So they're out there.

    Not a big deal, but just mildly amusing considering he's going to Phoenix.

  8. #83
    National High School Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,489

    Default Re: Shaq To Nash: "I Will Not Let You Down"

    I can't count out Shaq.... he might not be what he once was, but motivation can greatly change the way a player plays ala Shaq/Vince Carter.....

  9. #84
    Local High School Star
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,851

    Default Re: Shaq To Nash: "I Will Not Let You Down"

    Quote Originally Posted by The Answer
    Why do you say that? Not all five players need to run up and down the court constantly in an uptempo offense. Do you think a 40 year old Kareem was sprinting up and down the court at the end of the showtime era? Of course not. A big part of his job was to start breaks with his rebounding, shot blocking, and outlet passing skill. Then, in the half court situations, the Lakers could always go inside to him for an easy two. I honestly see no reason why Shaq can't play a similar role for the Suns; well, except for possible injuries I guess.
    No, but he will need to run and move and get to the ball. He's been to injured or too old or too banged up or too slow to do it for about 18 mos. The doubters -- me -- go by the evidence of Shaq they see, not the guy they'd ike to remember.

    I don't think its a lack of inspiration or motivation, its a lack of health and mobility.

  10. #85
    Karl Malone's bastard TMac&Luther's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    4,577

    Default Re: Shaq To Nash: "I Will Not Let You Down"

    Quote Originally Posted by LongBeachLakers
    Reminds me of Kwame Brown telling Jordan, "if you draft me, you'll never regret it."
    Yep, just like it.......except for the fact that Shaq is a proven champ who's been to the top multiple times on multiple teams and Kwame Brown is a turd bust who's never done anything....other than that, it's just like it.

  11. #86
    Great college starter Valliant13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,542

    Default Re: Shaq To Nash: "I Will Not Let You Down"

    Quote Originally Posted by bjtrdff
    'And by the way, all that racism crap I spouted when you won your MVP, forget about it. I never said it. In fact, I said the opposite. kazaam.'
    The Kazaam was very nice touch.

  12. #87
    3-time NBA All-Star
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    10,655

    Default Re: Shaq To Nash: "I Will Not Let You Down"

    At least he seems really motivated. This trade isnt as bad as it seems from a basketball AND financial perspective. From a basketball perspective, its not like the Marion-Suns team has won anything nor were they going to. If they were going to win, they would've by now, not anytime in the future considering how much stronger the West is now. A change was needed, their formula wasn't working. Now you can say they could've gotten a better deal for Marion, but could they have really? They're looking for interior defense and rebounding, and I heard they tried to get Dalembert but that didnt work out, so it sounds like Shaq wasn't their first option anyway. And from a financial perspective Marion wanted a big extension and Banks was for the next 4 years. Its basically the same and now after 2010, when guys like Lebron, Wade, and Bosh are free agents, the Suns will have $33 million off the books.

  13. #88
    alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    P.I.
    Posts
    3,865

    Default Re: Shaq To Nash: "I Will Not Let You Down"

    Quote Originally Posted by LongBeachLakers
    Reminds me of Kwame Brown telling Jordan, "if you draft me, you'll never regret it."
    even a 40 year old shaq would be milestone away from the bricking layup of kwame who brown...

  14. #89
    *****istrator ElPigto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,831

    Default Re: Shaq To Nash: "I Will Not Let You Down"

    Quote Originally Posted by John Starks
    No, but he will need to run and move and get to the ball. He's been to injured or too old or too banged up or too slow to do it for about 18 mos. The doubters -- me -- go by the evidence of Shaq they see, not the guy they'd ike to remember.

    I don't think its a lack of inspiration or motivation, its a lack of health and mobility.
    It's not as if Shaq is completely motionless. I'm sure he can get in good enough shape to park his ass in the post and create spacing for others.

    I don't see how this affects this offense at all. It's the defense I'd worry about.

  15. #90
    Decent playground baller
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    353

    Default Re: Shaq To Nash: "I Will Not Let You Down"

    Shaq can still play. Just look at how he played against the Suns.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •