Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast

Default Re: Shaq To Nash: "I Will Not Let You Down"

Quote Originally Posted by ElPigto
    I am glad that I am not the only one thinking this way. What is it with NBA fans thinking that you have to get 5 running in order to complete a fast break?

All you need is two players to three players to get a good fast break going and everything else should be fine.
    The Suns just traded away their best fast break player.

Default Re: Predict shaqs stats after trade

Has this trade actually happened yet? I mean, the Suns are First in the uber-tough Western Conference, do they really want to make such a major move? I like what it could do for them in the playoffs if Shaq is at least somewhat fit and healthy, but what if he can't get there anymore?

Serious playground baller Hstone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    The Suns just traded away their best fast break player.
    What they traded Steve Nash lol

12 points
    8 rebounds
    1 block

Quote Originally Posted by ElPigto
    I am glad that I am not the only one thinking this way. What is it with NBA fans thinking that you have to get 5 running in order to complete a fast break?

All you need is two players to three players to get a good fast break going and everything else should be fine.
    Because you have little kids on here that dont' kow anything about basketball.

I think Shaq, if he still has something left in the tank, could be a great addition to Phoenix. As has already been pointed out, ala Kareem he doesn't have to be leading fast breaks. All he has to do is rebound solidly, draw doubles, play smart ball and intimidate.

If he's up to it, Phoenix could be deadly regardless of what the naysayers think. They weren't getting anywhere with what they had anyway.

And Another One Killer_Instinct's Avatar

This is hilarious....Wasn't he recently so happy in Miami? Wasn't Wade the best guy he's ever played with? Wasn't Pat the best coach he's ever had? How time changes thing....

I think that Shaq will obviously have an extra spring in his step when he steps on the court in Phx.

I wouldn't do it if I was Phx, BUT if Shaq stays out a bit, is actually motivated and gets in game shape in time to return for a few weeks before the playoffs, this could be dangerous. Shaq is so much attitude, and if he does get Phx it's first title after a ton of let downs, he'll really cement some of his legacy.

An Icon Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Killer_Instinct
    This is hilarious....Wasn't he recently so happy in Miami? Wasn't Wade the best guy he's ever played with? Wasn't Pat the best coach he's ever had? How time changes thing....

How does Wade feel about all of this?

I think people are underestimating this trade.

Size wins in this league.

The Suns previously had Amare Stoudamire at center. Now they have Shaquille O'Neal at center AND Amare Stoudamire at power forward! That's a beastly frontcourt if you have a pg who can get them both involved the right way. Oh yeah, the Suns have 2-time MVP Steve Nash at point guard. Not to mention a good supporting cast of Grant Hill, Raja Bell, Leandro Barbosa.

This was a good trade. Look out for Phoenix.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by starface
    I think people are underestimating this trade.

Size wins in this league.

The Suns previously had Amare Stoudamire at center. Now they have Shaquille O'Neal at center AND Amare Stoudamire at power forward! That's a beastly frontcourt if you have a pg who can get them both involved the right way. Oh yeah, the Suns have 2-time MVP Steve Nash at point guard. Not to mention a good supporting cast of Grant Hill, Raja Bell, Leandro Barbosa.

This was a good trade. Look out for Phoenix.
    We will know if it's good or not when they play a team with a big frontcourt in the playoffs. If they eliminate one or two of Dallas, LA and SA, it will be one of the best trades ever.

And Another One Killer_Instinct's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heilige
    How does Wade feel about all of this?

That's actually what I've thought about also. Not much he can do to stop the trade, but he's been pretty quiet about it. Who would have though?

Besides, people are acting like Shaq's gonna be the same guy in Phoenix as he was in Miami this year. Miami sucked and Shaq knew it so he slacked off. Can you blame him? When you've been the biggest human being on the planet for 36 years, it takes a toll on your body. Why exert yourself for that Miami team? Shaq knows this Phoenix team is in contention and a lot of people are counting on him, not to mention he obviously wants to get that 5th ring that Riles doesnt have just to stick it to him.

You can count on Shaq being a force in Phoenix. Book it.

Da Bulls! Da Bears! DieHardBullsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    12 points
    8 rebounds
    1 block
    10 & 7

Quote Originally Posted by Make It Rain
    20 missed games, 10 cheeseburgers, 3 milkshakes?

15 and 10

He averaged 8 rebounds in Miami this year, and Phoenix takes a lot more shots. Plus they're not gonna go through him on offense as much as Miami did which will keep his offensive fouls down and keep him in the game longer.
    Last edited by starface; 02-06-2008 at 06:33 PM.