Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Karl Malone's bastard TMac&Luther's Avatar

Default Re: Pop is right about the Lakers-Grizzlies deal

It is kinda on the whining side, but Pop is right........Memphis is nothing, but a bunch of dumbasses.

Gee golly, let's ship our best player to a team that already has arguably the best player in the league and a young promising big man, to form one hellava front court........inside our very own conference no less, so that we'll screw ourselves over and won't be able to compete anytime in the near future........Oh yeah, well also ask for nothing in return.
    Last edited by TMac&Luther; 02-09-2008 at 12:47 AM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

I still think that the logo has some form of influence over this deal, even if it was very very little and behind the scenes.

Good High School Starter

All these teams are so scared. I would be too.

it still amazes me that people consider the kg deal one sided in favor of boston...
    kg is about to turn 32 and maybe has 3 years left at his current play level
    al jefferson is what 21? and is an absoloute monster and is gonna be dominanting for atleast 12 years, hes a 22/12 player and is still improving, he will be a multiple allstar and is a fantastic building piece for a young team that need rebuilding- which is exactly what the wolves are, this deal made perfect sense for both teams and i think its very very fair, throw in gomes who is a very nice player. this was a great trade for both teams, where as the memphis/la trade.... kwame brown for pau gasol.. is just demented, forget the cap space and picks- which are gonna be low, was that really all pau gasol was worth? its very very suspect

Quote Originally Posted by KINGD
    All these teams are so scared. I would be too.
    Actually I'm not really scared, I just think it was a stupid deal that didn't make any sense.

Houston is one of the few teams that have a decent front court that'll atleast be able to compete against LA without getting blown out of the water........however, there's not too many teams that can say that and I'm sure those teams are scared sh!tless.

Houston does need to get a shooter like Mike Miller to tie up all the loose ends in the backcourt though.
    Last edited by TMac&Luther; 02-09-2008 at 01:01 AM.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by ukplayer4
    it still amazes me that people consider the kg deal one sided in favor of boston...
    kg is about to turn 32 and maybe has 3 years left at his current play level
    al jefferson is what 21? and is an absoloute monster and is gonna be dominanting for atleast 12 years, hes a 22/12 player and is still improving, he will be a multiple allstar and is a fantastic building piece for a young team that need rebuilding- which is exactly what the wolves are, this deal made perfect sense for both teams and i think its very very fair, throw in gomes who is a very nice player. this was a great trade for both teams, where as the memphis/la trade.... kwame brown for pau gasol.. is just demented, forget the cap space and picks- which are gonna be low, was that really all pau gasol was worth? its very very suspect
    i agree, boston gave up alot for kg, the lakers gave up nothing. even tho i hate the spurs and think they are a bunch of crybabies, i would be a lil salty about this suspect trade if i was an oposing team in the west.

Not airballing my layups anymore Dwight Shrute's Avatar

I wonder if these same Laker fans would be tooting their own horns, if they traded Kobe to the Spurs for Oberto, Finley and 3 first rounders?

Good High School Starter

Houston? LOl. Healthy Lakers would destroy Houston in the playoffs.

I usually hit open layups lakers4ever's Avatar

You have got to be kidding. A trade for basically three players and two number one draft picks is not a bad, unfair deal. Kwame Brown is a serviceable backup and Crittenton is likely going to be a star point guard down the road. The younger Gasol has potential to be better than his brother. People need to get real here. It didn't do anything for Memphis this year, but in the future it is potentially very good for them. They will get two round 1 draft picks (one low, one not so low) twice. That is not a bad trade. The Lakers got one player and a a second round draft choice for all of that.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Popazit is just jealous, he can't make a trade because he doesn't have enough assets.

Quote Originally Posted by KINGD
    Houston? LOl. Healthy Lakers would destroy Houston in the playoffs.
    Hopefully we'll see you then......Houston matches up well with LA. We have Yao and are very deep at the 4 spot. We can put Scola on Gasol, Yao on Bynum, and if you also want to throw Odom out there, we can throw Landry on him......plus Hayes is always good for 6 fouls and plays tough defense. Hell if things got completely out of hand we still have a well rested Mutombo who can still play good D to throw at one of your bigs.

Lakers would be favorites in the series, but they wouldn't "destroy" Houston.......Yao always lays the wood to LA. Houston just needs to find a shooter to spead the floor and they'll be okay.
    Last edited by TMac&Luther; 02-09-2008 at 01:37 AM.

POP is a hater. Just like we all hated on the Spurs when they got Duncan. Nobody can stand good talent going to a rival team.

NBA sixth man of the year picc84's Avatar

You gotta wonder how kwame feels about all this, with every coach and player and gm in the league expressing outrage unheard of over a trade.

Actually, you dont. He can go to hell.

Quote Originally Posted by picc84
    You gotta wonder how kwame feels about all this, with every coach and player and gm in the league expressing outrage unheard of over a trade.

Actually, you dont. He can go to hell.

Hes probably drinking away his sorrows.

Good High School Starter

Did'nt Kobe have 2 different 50+ pt games against Houston last year? Oh well whatever.