Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Karl Malone's bastard TMac&Luther's Avatar

Default Re: Pop is right about the Lakers-Grizzlies deal

Quote Originally Posted by KINGD
    Did'nt Kobe have 2 different 50+ pt games against Houston last year? Oh well whatever.
    Uh, no......the only game y'all won this year was the game where Tmac got taken out right after the first quarter when he fuc[COLOR="Black"]k[/COLOR]ed up the ligament in his elbow..........and y'all only won the game by 3 points.

This was also back when Houston was playing like dogsh!t and weren't comfortable in the system like they are now.

Good college starter

Bynum is going to give Yao problems, too atheletic and fast. Plus, Bynum developed into a really good shot blocker, so Yao is gonna have probs cause Bynum is not a small player like the rest of the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by TMac&Luther
    Uh, no......the only game y'all won this year was the game where Tmac got taken out right after the first quarter when he fuc[COLOR="Black"]k[/COLOR]ed up the ligament in his elbow..........and y'all only won the game by 3 points.

This was also back when Houston was playing like dogsh!t and weren't comfortable in the system like they are now.

Kinda how like the Lakers were back then. It would be interesting to see how theyd match up in the near future now that both teams have got thier groove going.

Quote Originally Posted by amfirst
    Bynum is going to give Yao problems, too atheletic and fast. Plus, Bynum developed into a really good shot blocker, so Yao is gonna have probs cause Bynum is not a small player like the rest of the NBA.
    I guess that's why Yao has no problem outplaying bigs like Amare and D. Howard.........they're just too athletic and fast for him.

Yao Ming plays better against other bigs, it's when teams crash him with midgets he has problems.....also because Refs don't know how to officiate him when he's matched up against a smaller player. I like it when Yao goes up against another big, it's a better matchup for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers13
    Kinda how like the Lakers were back then. It would be interesting to see how theyd match up in the near future now that both teams have got thier groove going.
    It would be interesting, like I said, y'all would be the obvious favorites, but your not going to "destroy Houston" like the other poster tried to imply.

Quote Originally Posted by TMac&Luther
    It would be interesting, like I said, y'all would be the obvious favorites, but your not going to "destroy Houston" like the other poster tried to imply.
    Nah, we always play close games with you guys. Its hard to put a team away for good when you have Tmac healthy and Yao. Id like to see you guys get that 8 spot so you can knock PHX out.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers13
    Id like to see you guys get that 8 spot so you can knock PHX out.
    Actually, I'm excited about the Shaq trade, because why I can see why they felt the need to do it, because of the move y'all made and the trouble they have in the half court vs. SA...

Shawn Marion was always the guy that gave Houston fits. Yao struggled against the Amare/Marion pick n rolls. Marion was just a complete mismatch vs Houston, because he was so versatile and could play so many positions they didn't have anybody to really matchup against him.

Now that they have Shaq, who's a much better matchup for Yao, we don't have to worry about Shawn Marion.
    Last edited by TMac&Luther; 02-09-2008 at 02:03 AM.

Kwame Brown is awful.

Why can't you guys realize that?

I can't believe the Grizzlies couldn't do better than what they got from the Lakers.

While great from the Laker point of view, just awful from the Memphis point of view.

I am Chris Wilcox

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan
    Kwame Brown is awful.

Why can't you guys realize that?

I can't believe the Grizzlies couldn't do better than what they got from the Lakers.

While great from the Laker point of view, just awful from the Memphis point of view.
    Yes, it is an absolutly terrible trade, but you have to realise that we weren't going anywhere with Gasol. We had to trade him, he didn't fit in with the style of play that the Grizzlies wanted to run, though he tried his best and it showed. But right now, I am glad Gasol has gone to a contender, it's what he's wanted and he has now got that.

Brown is an expirer and after this season, we will have a lot of cap space and hopefully Memphis go after someone big in the free agency.

Myrrh

That trade is like the bratty kid losing at a game of cards and just pushing the table over in order to spoil it for everybody. The Lakers were lucky enough to be fastest picking up the loose change on the floor.

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

It's only a terrible trade if you really think highly of Pau Gasol but don't think the Grizzlies will land any quality pieces through free agency or the draft.

NBA lottery pick

They were offered Thomas, Nocioni and a pick, and they took Kwame. The guy just wants to sell the team and cut pay-roll. They don

   

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ies/index.html

I don't know if anyone posted this (I searched the first couple of pages and didn't see anything), but Pop is right about this deal from Memphis's point of view.

The Grizzles get cap space, two late first round picks, and a young prospect for a guy who is 20/10 every night.

An awful deal for the Grizzlies.
    the grizzlies weren't going anywhere with gasol and they needed to be made more financially attractive to the next buyer.

good trade for the grizzlies. not a great trade, but a good trade.

Good college starter EricForman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eliteballer
    Anyone remember the Iverson deal? Philly got squat. Dont mention Dre...AI's more valuable than Gasol anyway.

Why can't we mention Dre?

Oh because he's actually an above average starter and mentioning him would thus make your point invalid?

Not to mention the Sixers geled better with Dre than AI immediately.

Well, someone should investigate that Scola trade. Didn't Spurs give him away for nothing?

Now that Gasol and Shaq are in West, bet Spurs would love to have Scola back.

Although the Gasol trade is a steal, I wouldn't say it needs to be investigated, because you could make a case for Grizz, although a weak one......

Also, since the league has got to be thrilled with the Lakers getting better, they would never investigate. If it was New York and not Memphis, maybe they would....