Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Keeping the Bench Warm RAPSCANWIN's Avatar

Default Re: Pop is right about the Lakers-Grizzlies deal

This is no worse than the recent AI and Vince Carter trades. Its just sour grapes on Pops part. Bad trades sometimes happen. Although im sure that the Grizzlies got what they were looking for in it. They didnt have a gun to there head.

Popovich is a selfish classless unprofessional cochroach. The owner of Gritz didn't have problem with it, why does Popvich whine about it? It's ok for his team to trade to win but not others?

There need to a be committee regulating these selfish bastard on what horsesh!t he can dump to the public. I nominate myself to be one so I can veto what crap he can dump to the media.

My Name Is My Name MarloStanfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EricForman
    Why can't we mention Dre?

Oh because he's actually an above average starter and mentioning him would thus make your point invalid?

Not to mention the Sixers geled better with Dre than AI immediately.
    Yeah pretty much no one living outside of Philly knows that the Sixers had a better record without Iverson after they traded him last year.

Not to mention they've looked promising for a young team and have been able to let their young guys develop and Andre Miller has been a focal part of that.

I believe that one of the draft picks was used on Jason Smith who looks like a keeper as well.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by TMac&Luther
    It is kinda on the whining side, but Pop is right........Memphis is nothing, but a bunch of dumbasses.

Gee golly, let's ship our best player to a team that already has arguably the best player in the league and a young promising big man, to form one hellava front court........inside our very own conference no less, so that we'll screw ourselves over and won't be able to compete anytime in the near future........Oh yeah, well also ask for nothing in return.

wow...sensitive laker fans here...

its ours nxt year LA09 kobedaman24's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loot
    wow...sensitive laker fans here...
    haha, what else did you expect?

Pop is a hater....all I have to say.

My Name Is My Name MarloStanfield's Avatar

I don't know why Lakers fans are upset with Pop's comments. He basically said what every GM or front office person in the league outside of Memphis believes. If anything he was complementing LA for pulling off a shrewd move.

wonder why all the posters that call pop a "hater" have kobe or lakers in their avatars?

is he bitter that his rival got better for almost nothing? probably. but does that make his words any less true? it's not like other GMs think different. and whatever grizzlies owner might say, yes, it is a firesale.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharas
    wonder why all the posters that call pop a "hater" have kobe or lakers in their avatars?
    What'd you expect? He's whining about us...who do you think would answer back?

is he bitter that his rival got better for almost nothing? probably. but does that make his words any less true? it's not like other GMs think different. and whatever grizzlies owner might say, yes, it is a firesale.
    Literally nothing? Pop was speculating. Are other GMs absolute certain that Grizzlies gain nothing out of it? Or just guessing? It's like Grizzlies getting Durant & Oden twice within a few years.

Who knows maybe other GMs been pissing Heisley off for something so he don't give a rat ass whatever they think. Maybe he felt like he owe it to Pau for years of service and send him to a team where Pau can get a ring.

PS: Popoldvitch is a hater
    Last edited by kobesabi; 02-10-2008 at 06:58 AM.

Sorry, but Im not seeing how this trade is ridiculous. Not at all. There may have been things that teams could have done to get him, but they obviously didn't.

I think its better for them than Nocioni and Thomas. I mean when you rebuild why bring in a big contract that was just signed this summer in Nocioni? With this deal they get picks, 9 mil off the books this summer, and a young promising player that they could make some good deals with. There's nothing wrong with cutting payroll when you're going no where.

Popovich must not know the entire deal or he's just scared that LA surpassed him.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Well, someone should investigate that Scola trade. Didn't Spurs give him away for nothing?

Now that Gasol and Shaq are in West, bet Spurs would love to have Scola back.

Although the Gasol trade is a steal, I wouldn't say it needs to be investigated, because you could make a case for Grizz, although a weak one......

Also, since the league has got to be thrilled with the Lakers getting better, they would never investigate. If it was New York and not Memphis, maybe they would....
    Of course it needs to be investigated!

With all that's come to the surface in commercial sports in the last while? And I'm not talking about steroids.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

No crying over spilled milk now!

Pop-an-itch got scared because the west is now amped up even more and his squad is tight squeezed and couldn't keep up therefore maybe fearing that his team is about to be de-throned by the many qualified teams in the west.

Would he still vote no, if Pau was going to his squad instead?

Or had Pau going to the east, would he vote no also? Would he even care? I don't think so.

Pop-a-biatch is just scared cuz Tony Parker is injured and that his team is about dethrone since it couldn't keep up all with the race in the West.

shhhhhhh

funny i don't remember pops complaining when garnett went to the east and left his conference... odd how he only complains when a conference rival pulls off a good trade