Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Any one taking supplements for working out? (protein, creatine, testosterone)

Who here works out regularly and takes supplements. Any one taking creatine or testosterone supplements? I hear they work somewhat but I'd like to hear some hands on experiences. I know more about the proteins and creatines but not much info on testosterone supplements. Anyone taking or have taken testosterone to gain muscle mass? How about creatine?

Also, whats your guys' work out schedule? How many days do you rest, how many days do you do cardio? Im trying to re-start a training program and would appreciate any input.

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

Default Re: Any one taking supplements for working out? (protein, creatine, testosterone)

I workout about 3 times a week. I do 30 minutes of cardio followed by 4 sets of the following free weight exercises in succession: 20 skull crushers, 10 shoulder presses, 10 alernating dumbell curls, 10 bent-over rows, 10 deadlifts, and 15 push ups. For the curls I use 20lbs/arm and for the push ups I use body weight. All other exercises I use a 50 lb barbell. I do this routine to build up my cardio and endurance while at the same time having some muscle definition. I find that this routine works for me and can be done in about 45-50 minutes. I take White Blood(NO)+Green Bulge(creatine) for some nice pumps and that little ooomph to get through the workout. I also take protein+glutamine and a multivitamin.

I used to lift more weight and consume alot of protein, but I'm finding better reults with what I am now doing. Let's say I'm working out smarter and not harder.

Default Re: Any one taking supplements for working out? (protein, creatine, testosterone)

Quote Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
    I workout about 3 times a week. I do 30 minutes of cardio followed by 4 sets of the following free weight exercises in succession: 20 skull crushers, 10 shoulder presses, 10 alernating dumbell curls, 10 bent-over rows, 10 deadlifts, and 15 push ups. For the curls I use 20lbs/arm and for the push ups I use body weight. All other exercises I use a 50 lb barbell. I do this routine to build up my cardio and endurance while at the same time having some muscle definition. I find that this routine works for me and can be done in about 45-50 minutes. I take White Blood(NO)+Green Bulge(creatine) for some nice pumps and that little ooomph to get through the workout. I also take protein+glutamine and a multivitamin.

I used to lift more weight and consume alot of protein, but I'm finding better reults with what I am now doing. Let's say I'm working out smarter and not harder.

Thanks for the response, it helps. Whats White Blood and what does it do? And how long have you been taking creatine? Do you notice better results when you take rather than when you didnt take it?

College superstar

I take Cytosport fast twitch sometimes. Works,you can get it pretty cheap on eBay

Quote Originally Posted by DatZNasty
    I take Cytosport fast twitch sometimes. Works,you can get it pretty cheap on eBay

thanks, how long have you been taking it?

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
    Thanks for the response, it helps. Whats White Blood and what does it do? And how long have you been taking creatine? Do you notice better results when you take rather than when you didnt take it?
    White Blood:

http://www.bulknutrition.com/?products_id=2026

Read the reviews from people who have used it.

I've taken creatine off/on for the past few years. You have to find one that works for you. Sometimes, when I've been off it, I don't feel the power to crank out those extrea few reps or 10 mins of my workout. Then again, it could all be in my head.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
    thanks, how long have you been taking it?
    I'm on my second container so off an on for like 25 sessions or so. I haven't been consistently working out enough, but I am now because I'm trying to get my hops back so everyday I'm doing something.

Decent college freshman

Listening protein/creatine with test is not really accurate. The first two are naturally found in a vast amount of food, and taking test is cheating in my book.

With that said, I take a lean protein (Syntha 6) 23 G protein and little fat and Vasocharge(No+Creatine)

Its produced some really good results, I have put on a lot of lean muscle in my chest, shoulders, arms, and legs while I have still been able to maintain and enhance a "cut" looked.

I started doing abs again after taking some time off and I already have a visible six pack. I need to do a little more cardio to burn off a little more baby fat before summer but I am satisfied with the results so far.

I'm 5'10 I was about 180 a month and a half ago (so called Bulking phase) Since then I reduced my intake of fat, added more protein and continued working out 6 times a week and I probably am about 172 very low BF%.

RP 4 lyfe

just telling you..

but creatine makes one of the ball(s) bigger. not dick, balls

College superstar

Most people don't take pure testosterone, it's usually a supplement like Tribulus or Dehydroepiandrosterone that stimulates your body to produce more of your own.

I eat protein bars right after my workouts. I'm starting to like the new Cliff Protein Bars. They taste the best out of all of them IMO. There is one other but I can't remember the brand.

I also eat tuna sandwiches and any other types of high protein meals for lunch and dinner. Chili is also a good source of protein. Beef, chicken, fish, and pork all have good sources. Be sure to eat vegetables and fruits too.
    Last edited by Aldridge Fan; 02-14-2008 at 01:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wTFaMonkey
    just telling you..

but creatine makes one of the ball(s) bigger. not dick, balls

I'm all natural.

I'll break down some supplements for you

Creatine: It converts into ATP. ATP is the specific fuel your body burns with short bursts of energy ie: resistance or plyometric training. The more ATP your body holds, the stronger you get and faster you recover between sets. Creatine needs a clear path way to your muscles as it will convert to creatinine within minutes. This is an unusable substance. For creatine to get into your muscles it needs to bind to glucose. With that an insulin spike or an insulin mimiker needs to be present. This allows it to get into the blood stream faster.

Suggested creatines: NOX-CG3, Expand by Dymatize, GNC creaburst.

NO products: NO is a gas your body produces which stores in the muscle for your body to synthesize protien and other nutrients to store in the muscle. This is stimulated with the amino acid arginine. Supplemental form binds arginine with other molecules, most commonly alphaketogluterate (AAKG) since this stimulates that process faster and holds it in the muscle system for a prolonged period of time. Other effects arginine has is that it increases the diameter of your blood vessels. This allows nutrtients to get to diffenrent areas of your muscle system like widening the highways to prevent traffic jams.

Suggested NO boosters: CMI Red Cell, NO2 Black, NanoX9.

Preworkout powders: This combines the creatine and NO products with stimulants, similar to those in common energy drinks. Some even increase cognitive effects for mental concentration.

Suggested supplements: Armeggedon (This is the best one out there and I'll later explain why), CMI NO3 overload, Fast Twitch, and more popular NO-Explode

Test Boosters: Testosterone is a hormone your body produces for practically all "male" functions. From all puberty responses to muscle building, libido enhancing, and strength and recovery. The misconception of test boosters is that you'll have extra testosterone in your system. This is slightly false as it really helps stimulates production faster but not more than your natural production. Since males between 21 to 28 are at their peak of test production, supplementation is not really required unless it's to recover from steroids or prohormones.

Suggested supplements: Zeus, Novedex, Hypertest by Axis Labs, T3 by NXLabs.

Remember protien and multis is the most important of all supplements. As we know, working out actually tears muscle. That and lactis acids and cortisol is produced when working out further breaking down more muscle tissue. Also when you don't use protien to repair, your body actual breaks down muscle tissue back into amino acids to repiar the torn muscle. Mutlis enhance the process by bettering metabolism, blocking cortisol and increasing resistance to sicknesses commonly experienced through intense training.
    Last edited by hateraid; 02-14-2008 at 02:30 AM.

RP 4 lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by XxNeXuSxX
    learn from experience my friend learn from experience.......