Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Any one taking supplements for working out? (protein, creatine, testosterone)

Thanks hateraid, Aldridge Fan, bomber, DatZNasty

Hateraid, have you taken any of the ones you listed, and if so how were your results? Plus, do you know a good combination of taking those supplemets? Or is it best to just stick with one? Whats the most effective? Any info is appreciated

Default Re: Any one taking supplements for working out? (protein, creatine, testosterone)

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
    Thanks hateraid, Aldridge Fan, bomber, DatZNasty

Hateraid, have you taken any of the ones you listed, and if so how were your results? Plus, do you know a good combination of taking those supplemets? Or is it best to just stick with one? Whats the most effective? Any info is appreciated

I've taken them all and Armeggedon is the best out there. Thicker fuller muscles, great endurance in the gym. I'll explain when I got the time.

Here's a few reason why I use Armeggedon:

1- Hyrdotrans complex. This hypersaturates your muscle with nutrients/hydration. Almost the exact same compound that they use in hospital IVs for replenishing lost nutrients and muscle recovery. Also giving you fuller thinker muscles and more hydration for training. More hydration, more endurance.

2- Uses actually L-Arginine. Most arginine compounds in time have a counter effect when combine with stimulants. Which actual means that in weeks, your NO levels go down. With actual L-Arginine, you NO levels go higher the longer you take it.

3- More controlled blood sugar and energy. It's not as massive as an adreneline spike, but it's more sustained.

Try it out for a month. I even use it for ball now. I can actually play longer.
    Last edited by hateraid; 02-15-2008 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid

1- Hyrdotrans complex. This hypersaturates your muscle with nutrients/hydration. Almost the exact same compound that they use in hospital IVs for replenishing lost nutrients and muscle recovery. Also giving you fuller thinker muscles and more hydration for training. More hydration, more endurance.

2- Uses actually L-Arginine. Most arginine compounds in time have a counter effect when combine with stimulants. Which actual means that in weeks, your NO levels go down. With actual L-Arginine, you NO levels go higher the longer you take it.

3- More controlled blood sugar and energy. It's not as massive as an adreneline spike, but it's more sustained.

Thanks, do you also take protein after you work out. Armageddon before, protein after?

Thanks, do you also take protein after you work out. Armageddon before, protein after?

Protien always after workouts. Working out tears down muscle. Protien repairs and regenerates new muscle tissue. You should never work out without it.

Can creatine (or any other supplements) help me to jump higher, run faster and be stronger at same time?
    How does it works? Does it helps me when Im doing weightlifting, to strengthen my legs faster, or just using them improves my hops and other stuff?
    Is it dangerous?

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by jamal99
    Can creatine (or any other supplements) help me to jump higher, run faster and be stronger at same time?
    How does it works? Does it helps me when Im doing weightlifting, to strengthen my legs faster, or just using them improves my hops and other stuff?
    Is it dangerous?
    No theres no magic silver bullets out there that make you a better athlete. You can take products as were mentioned that allow you to maximize what you get out of your workouts though.

But the bottom line is you have to put the work in to get results regardless.

Well, is it dangerous??

Quote Originally Posted by jamal99
    Well, is it dangerous??
    No it isn't. The satement that creatine is hard on the kidney is a myth. It still should be taken responsibly.

Who here works out regularly and takes supplements. Any one taking creatine or testosterone supplements? I hear they work somewhat but I'd like to hear some hands on experiences. I know more about the proteins and creatines but not much info on testosterone supplements. Anyone taking or have taken testosterone to gain muscle mass? How about creatine?

Also, whats your guys' work out schedule? How many days do you rest, how many days do you do cardio? Im trying to re-start a training program and would appreciate any input.

Vast majority of supplements are total, absolute garbage. Placebo is a mother and many of these products are simply total nonsense. Such as NO products, which are the biggest scam out there. Arginine products were around back in the 70s, and even then, bodybuilders and athletes thought that they were useless. Nowadays they take arginine(vasodilator) and combine it with caffeine(vasoconstrictor) and that is supposed to somehow build muscle? The science simply doesn't back it up.

There are a few decent companies, but most of the test boosters are total and utter crap. Products such as Methyl-1D fail on a huge scale, and then you have Vyotech, and their 17-HD(wild yam) which they somehow use to convince people that it will make them HYOOOOOOGE.

Unless you're talking about the companies that are still putting out grey-market steroids(Havoc, Superdrol(the original, not the NG crap), Mass Tabs, Finigenix Magnum(once again the original), then most of these products aren't worth a damn.

Spending your money on real food is far more effective.

No offense dude, but what you posted is total and absolute rubbish that is not scientifically supported in anyway/shape or form.

The whole arginine comment is nonsensical. There is only ONE active FORM of arginine, and that is L-arginine. That is why every amino with the exception of Glycine, has a big L- in front of it. You can attach the arginine to various salts, such as esters and HCL, but it doesn't change the fact that what you started out with originally, is l-arginine.

Enhanced NO levels have no correlation with muscle gain either. Real world, double-blind studies have proven that increasing NO levels does not lead to improved gains, on top of that, your body has natural checks and balances that prevent NO levels from increasing beyond a physiological limit, so no matter what you read, your body has a certain point where no further nitric oxide can be produced/absorbed.

If anyone wants the real deal on Nitric Oxide products......check out the following thread and see why the vast majority of the advertising about these products is a total scam.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...ghlight=Nitric

Also, check out the actual Arginine research website for further info

http://arginineresearch.com/
    Last edited by PejaNowitzki; 02-17-2008 at 03:58 PM.

Here is my breakdown of Armageddon and why the product doesn't work the way people claim it does.

1040 Grams Fruit Punch
    Supplement Facts
    Serving Size26G(1scoop)
    Servings Per Container40
    Amount Per Serving % DV*
    Calories 52
    Calories From Fat 0
    Total Fat 0g 0%
    Saturated Fat 0g 0%
    Trans Fat 0g 0%
    Cholesterol 0mg 0%
    Total Carbohydrate 13g 4%
    Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
    Sugars 4g

See those carbs and sugar? Arginine CANNOT be absorbed in a hyper-glycemic environment. This is the reason why most NO products recommend that you take them on an empty stomach, but seeing as how many contain sugar and carbs that inhibit absorption of arginine, this is a moot point entirely.

Vitamin B6(Pyridoxine HCL) 36mg 1,800%
    Vitamin B12(Cyanocobalamin) 100mcg 1,667%
    Magnesium(as Magnesium Phosphate) 40mg 10%
    Phosphorus(as Magnesium Phosphate) 51mg 5%
    Sodium(as Sodium Chloride) 160mg 7%
    Here you got your electrolytes and B vitamins, pretty standard combination.

Armageddon Proprietary Blend 25,000mg
    GeneFusion™ - Hypergrowth Mind, Body Expansion Matrix [Micronized Creatine Monohydrate, L-Leucine, Taurine, Creatine Citrate, L-Arginine, L-Tyrosine, Guanipro™ (Guanidino Propionic Acid), Caffeine Anhydrous, L-Carnitine Fumarate, Isoleucine, Valine, Beta-Alanine, Histidine, Proline, Cinnulin™, DMAE, Rhodiola Rosea Extract, Vinpocetine]
    HydroTrans™ - Instant & Sustained Myo-Hypertrophic Energy Matrix [Methylcelltrin Sustain™ (Proprietary Maltodextrin/ Methylcellulose Complex), Glucose, Glycerol, Fibersol II™, 4-Hydroxyisoleucine, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Chromium Polynicotinate]

A GIANT BIGASS PROPRIETARY FORMULA! So you have no clue what does what in this product, or how much of anything there is really. You can expect that there is a heavy dose of Glycerol, as it is cheap and makes for a good iller.

You have no way of telling just how much creatine is in here, and especially, you have no way of telling how much caffeine there. Ultimately, it is the caffeine that is the most effective part of these formula's, as most folks have no clue as to what is doing what in a particular product. Basically, this is a product that is based off an energy rush that comes from caffeine, however, you can circumvent the whole process and go to the supermarket and buy some No-Doze for $5 and end up with pretty much the same results, minus the pretty labeling and hyped up advertising.

Quote Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
    White Blood:

http://www.bulknutrition.com/?products_id=2026

Read the reviews from people who have used it.

I've taken creatine off/on for the past few years. You have to find one that works for you. Sometimes, when I've been off it, I don't feel the power to crank out those extrea few reps or 10 mins of my workout. Then again, it could all be in my head.

White Flood and Green Magnitude(from the same company) are actually a pretty solid combination, although the Green Magnitude alone is great, as it is a nice form of creatine(MCC) with some other ingredients thrown in, at a pretty decent price.

Armegeddon
    I'm afraid I've stayed away from this supplement for two reasons:

1.Contains Creatine Monohydrate- Why did they avoid putting Creatine Ethyl Ester in there product? Monohydrate is known for not having a good retention for all the extra water that will come into your body, and in the process will give you a gut/soft muscle effect. The Ethyl Ester is usually known to mute this effect

2.NO? I didn't see any hints at all that there was any NO at all in this product. This leads me to believe that you have to spend money on another NO supplement anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by DatZNasty
    Most people don't take pure testosterone, it's usually a supplement like Tribulus or Dehydroepiandrosterone that stimulates your body to produce more of your own.

Tribulus does no such thing. In over 100 clinical studies, tribulus has never been shown to result in any sort of measurable increase in testosterone, whether it be base, or free testosterone levels. It will give you a little bit of wood, but libido and hormonal exchanges are not one and the same.

The same thing is true with DHEA. Unless you are a man in your 40s, DHEA does not result in any sort of appreciable testosterone increase. In fact, if you are young and using DHEA, you are putting yourself at risk of gyno, as DHEA will convert to estrogen at relatively high levels.

There are a few natural compounds that have been shown to boost testosterone, but they don't do it to a huge degree. These compounds include euricoma longifolia(Longjack), Fadogia, zinc(if you are zinc deficient), Icariin(Horny Goat Weed Extract), Maca, and Urtica Dioca(Stinging Nettle).

Products to check out for test-boosting and energy/intensity, are RPM from Applied Nutriceuticals and Activate Xtreme from Designer Supplements/