Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Any one taking supplements for working out? (protein, creatine, testosterone)

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    I just started taking that. I love it. Scivation sent me free bottles. One Watermelon, one grape.

Try the orange too, the stuff is phenomenal. I have had some outstanding workouts using it, and have become a huge proponent of amino acid supplementation in the past few years.

Cordyceps right? I've heard of people using it for altutiude training. Heard great stuff about it increasing oxygen capacity.

Yep. The company behind it makes some top-notch quality products and is one that I would recommend to anybody looking to improve their sports/athletic performance. I have customers that are top-notch athletes who swear by the company and their no-frills, no wacky advertising approach.

Default Re: Any one taking supplements for working out? (protein, creatine, testosterone)

Try the orange too, the stuff is phenomenal. I have had some outstanding workouts using it, and have become a huge proponent of amino acid supplementation in the past few years.

Lucky I've got a hookup with a distributor for Scivation. But for the everyday Joe, the stuff is expenssive. I would more put people on a good cost effective BCAA. I've been using Leutor as well, but I would generally put people on GNC BCAA's.

Yep. The company behind it makes some top-notch quality products and is one that I would recommend to anybody looking to improve their sports/athletic performance. I have customers that are top-notch athletes who swear by the company and their no-frills, no wacky advertising approach.
    The info I got on the Chinese distance team was that they were taking a wasp version of Royal Jelly/Bee pollen. Apperantly there's this wasp with a massive wingspan down in China. Because if the size of this species people figured that the nutrient content was high. I've sold a few NHL players a product called Vespa that was similar to that. Some swear by it. Most of the NHLers take Endurox though.

Crap, I took to long posting my original reply I did not see you contraditcting my promoting Armeggedon. Here's some point in rebuttle

See those carbs and sugar? Arginine CANNOT be absorbed in a hyper-glycemic environment. This is the reason why most NO products recommend that you take them on an empty stomach, but seeing as how many contain sugar and carbs that inhibit absorption of arginine, this is a moot point entirely.
    Slows absorption yes. Completely nulls it no. Yes it is suggested to be taken on an empty stomach for best absorption, but the key word is suggested. Taken with food or other supplements does not neccessarily mean will not absord. It's just like saying when you eat your food, amino acids from the protien you eat will not absord because you're having it with carbs and fat. Also ALA is added to ensure nutrient uptake. So that statement is semi-false.

Here you got your electrolytes and B vitamins, pretty standard combination.
    A requirement for hydration and delaying muscle fatigue.

A GIANT BIGASS PROPRIETARY FORMULA! So you have no clue what does what in this product, or how much of anything there is really. You can expect that there is a heavy dose of Glycerol, as it is cheap and makes for a good iller.
    You have no way of telling just how much creatine is in here, and especially, you have no way of telling how much caffeine there. Ultimately, it is the caffeine that is the most effective part of these formula's, as most folks have no clue as to what is doing what in a particular product. Basically, this is a product that is based off an energy rush that comes from caffeine, however, you can circumvent the whole process and go to the supermarket and buy some No-Doze for $5 and end up with pretty much the same results, minus the pretty labeling and hyped up advertising.
    Proprietary blend is neccessary for the preservation of your product. For those who wonder, it protects your products from copycats from knocking off your product and resilling under their label for a cheaper cost. More than 90% of sports nutrition companies label with proprietary blend.

You stated early the sugar content and led to believe this is all sugar. Read the label and it clearly states 4g or sugar. 4 grams in a 26 gram serving is not alot. That only 15% of the product. The rest is quality amino acids, and electrolyte replenishing products. Again great for muscle endurance.

Glycerol is more than a filler and the main reason why I love this product. If glycerol was just a filler than why did the IOC put it on their banned substance list for one cycle then take it off and why doesn't every company use it?
    Many body builders who are in their final cycle of competition and endurance training use straight gycerol for energy because it has the GI of regular table sugar without the production of insulin and the side affects of yeast buildup and intestinal plaque. Furthermore it promotes hyperhydration and cooling core body temperature. The two biggests deterents for weight training muscle fatigue. Plus in that hyperhydrated state, products like creatine function much better. That is a scientific fact (I can reference you to a chemist I've consulted that will back that statement and will gladly forward you him or refences). The pure L-Arginine that it uses helps the blood flow, maintain NO levels not like the AAKG version. And I'm not cailiming it's the arginine but the KIC molecule its's binded to that casues the bad side affects and it's counter production when used with caffine. KIC may dilate vessels coming into the muscles but does not dialate vessels going out. pure Arginine is not affected by that. The side affect of that is blood being saturated into the muscle but not escaping. Again, that's caused by the KIC molecule. Hence the massive blood pumps people get from AAKG.

I'd love to get at you guys more about this product. PM me if you'd like to know. pejadirk, if you like, I could forward your concerns to some chemists or you can PM me if you like, thanks.
    Last edited by hateraid; 02-19-2008 at 04:23 AM.