Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

Default Re: Report: Devean George blocks Kidd trade!

Still not optimistic about the chance for Nets to keep him.

Serious playground baller Hstone's Avatar

Will this trade still go though

Default Re: Devean George: "I'll be the bad guy"

Quote Originally Posted by kentatm
    the fact remains that George has already said if he isnt in the Mavs plans he wants to be moved. they grant him his wish and he throws the CBA in the teams face.

You CANT defend that.
    100% agreed. This is a puzzling move for George, and one can only conclude that he's getting bad advice. What team is going to sign him to a contract worth double his current terms? Certainly not the two teams involved in the trade.

Some people applauded him for "looking out for no. 1" but I don't see how this helps him, and plenty of ways that it hurts him.

He's an idiot. His bird rights are worth nothing. If he stays in Dallas, they will NEVER resign him. So having Bird rights is useless. And coming a week after a trade request?

The only way his bird rights would mean anything if the nets decide he's a good influence on the kids and want to keep him BUT he refused to go there.

WTF.....

Good college starter Valliant13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eliteballer
    Why don't the Mavs just tell him: "Screw your Bird rights, if you block the trade WE WON'T RE-SIGN YOU AND WILL BENCH YOU RENDERING THE POINT MOOT."
    At least then he gets to go to the team he wants next year, instead of playing in a swamp with losers.

George's agent, in fact, said Wednesday night there's still a chance his client will OK the trade.

"We didn't intend for this to be a line in the sand," Mark Bartelstein said by phone. "They (the Mavericks) brought this to us just before the game and I didn't think there was enough time to discuss it."

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by slaman
    Devean George: "I'll be the bad guy"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iBYXeUF5s8
    The Mavs should bench him for the rest of the season and say that they're doing what is best for them. He sucks anyway.

He says he wants to get traded
    Complains about not getting playingtime
    4weeks later he gets traded
    Says no to the trade
    Says that he looks like the badboy
    No, he does not look like a badboy, but rather a crybaby
    Its not like traded is something fun. People suddenly have to leave their familie and live out of suitcase, but when you are the 10th man and ask for a trade, you rather be happy for being traded. You make 2mill a year! I have no sympathy at all.

I rule the local playground bence23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DatZNasty
    You gotta admire how you admire MVPs who shoot 2-14 in elimination games against 8th seeds

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

There isn't a chance in hell the Mavs re-sign George, but he's awesome for doing this anyway. Baseball players hold up deals all the time to make the new team give them a new contract. Only reason to be mad at George is if you're a Mavs fan, and even then, he's just exercising his rights.

Dwight Howard for MVP Dwight_Howard12's Avatar

If this trade does happen. Then i'll hope Carter will come to Magic.

KG >> Duncan, Kobe

The deal can easily be fixed.

Nets/Mavs - Trade

Nets
    - Harris
    - Hassell
    - Diop
    - Ager
    - Stackhouse

Mavs
    - Kidd
    - Allen
    - Wright

Not sure why they aren't or haven't just done this deal yet.

Instead of sending Wright in a separate deal they can include him in the original one and switch George with Hassell

Besides once the deal goes down, the Mavs should buy out George's contract.

Saw a basketball once

Default Dallas Should Thank Devean George

HOW in the world you trade 4 guys from your rotation to an aging 34 years old Pg.......and on top of that diop( xfactor)...Can u imagine Dampier going against a frontline of bynum-gasol(turiaf)- duncan-oberto and (elson) shaq and amare...Cuban should thank george for this.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by kentatm
    the fact remains that George has already said if he isnt in the Mavs plans he wants to be moved.

link

they grant him his wish and he throws the CBA in the teams face.

You CANT defend that.

not only did he just scuttle a major deal b/c of his selfishness, how the hell do you smooth things over with Harris who was about to be shipped out? He jsut destroyed the entire team.

and Datz, STFU with this defending him b/c he would lose his Bird rights and a chance at a bigger pay day. NOBODY would have signed his useless ass for even as much as he is getting this year let alone more b/c his story is always the same. He CANT F-ING shoot well b/c his shot selection flat out sucks and he WILL get hurt and have to miss several games. Any good he does on D is ruined by his offense being so god awful. All he ever does is jack up deep jumpers (usually just inside the 3point line) that rarely go in which cause easy fast break opportunities for other teams that the Mavs either give up easy buckets on or have to burn a foul to stop it. He is HORRIBLE. For all your complaining about Dirks performance in the playoffs last year (and dont even lie and say Dirk did not face double and triple teams the whole series) you know what George did with his wide open shots? Shot f-ing 20%.
    What makes you all think I like him so much anyways? I prefer him to Stackhouse, Hassell, and Jones, but would I really say I like him? Not really. It's just obviously in his best interest to get the most money he can. Nobody may think he's worth 5.3mil obviously next yr, but there's a chance he can get a deal up to that large to facilitate some sort of move. And FWIW, he shot 25% Stackhouse shot 31% Dirk shot 38%

Given the chance, I'd replace him with Terrence Kinsey in a New York minute and/or bring Reyshawn Terry back over.

Quote Originally Posted by kgisbigticket
    The deal can easily be fixed.

Nets/Mavs - Trade

Nets
    - Harris
    - Hassell
    - Diop
    - Ager
    - Stackhouse

Mavs
    - Kidd
    - Allen
    - Wright

Not sure why they aren't or haven't just done this deal yet.

Instead of sending Wright in a separate deal they can include him in the original one and switch George with Hassell

Besides once the deal goes down, the Mavs should buy out George's contract.
    Not really.

The Nets want George, not Hassell at 4.3M per year for 3 years.
    George's salary is only 2.3 M and an expirer.