Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 41112131415 LastLast
    I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Default Re: Report: Devean George blocks Kidd trade!

Quote Originally Posted by DatZNasty
    Same with Harris. Dude has owned Tony Parker since he came into the league, dating all the way back to his rookie season when he hung 20 on him in the 4th alone, and it was adding Harris into the starting lineup that changed the series and allowed the Mavs to beat the Spurs for the first time.
    Yeap we will still matchup with San Antonio and keeping getting raped by the Baron Davises,the Deron Williamses and Chris Pauls of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by DatZNasty
    Same with Harris. Dude has owned Tony Parker since he came into the league, dating all the way back to his rookie season when he hung 20 on him in the 4th alone, and it was adding Harris into the starting lineup that changed the series and allowed the Mavs to beat the Spurs for the first time.

Harris and Diop were the keys to me that year in the playoffs.....now the Mavs are trading both for an aging point guard.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by Da KO King
    The thing I find most amusing is that D. George is delaying the Mavs from making a huge mistake yet majority of their "fans" are rushing for it to happen.

COSING.....EVERY MAVS FANS SHOULD THANK GEORGE..TRADIN 4 ROTATION PLAYER FOR A 35 YEAR PG...AND LEAVIN DAMPIER TO DEFEEN DUNCAN-OBERTO-ELSON...SHAQ-AMARE...GASOL-BYNUM-TURIAF..BOOZER-MILLSAP AND COLLINS....DALLAS ARE STUPID TO MAKE THIS TRADE..PLAYOFFS IS ALL ABOUT MATCHUPS..I GUESS THEY DIDNT GET THERE LESSON FROM LAST YEAR

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by PejaNowitzki
    Oh I know, that is why I am rooting for Dallas to go ahead and complete this trade before cooler heads prevail. I don't think that Dallas fans remember how badly the Spurs manhandled their team before Diop arrived on the scene, he'll be the biggest loss in this whole trade.

You almost copied my post :0)...people don't realise Diop is the Xfactor...imagine dampier against shaq,amare,bynum gasol,duncan oberto....dallas are plain ignorant for going with this trade.

Mars Blackmon Lives!

Quote Originally Posted by Topdoglakers
    You almost copied my post :0)...people don't realise Diop is the Xfactor...imagine dampier against shaq,amare,bynum gasol,duncan oberto....dallas are plain ignorant for going with this trade.
    does anyone remember what duncan did to the mavs in the 2006 playoffs with diop starting opposite him? he killed them. 1 game over 40, 4 over 30, 1 over 25, and his lowest scoring game was 24 points ... diop only played 6 minutes of that one. if you're concerned about depth that's fine. or team d. but let's not go overboard pretending that diop is some kind of all-nba big man lockdown defender.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by dejordan
    does anyone remember what duncan did to the mavs in the 2006 playoffs with diop starting opposite him? he killed them. 1 game over 40, 4 over 30, 1 over 25, and his lowest scoring game was 24 points ... diop only played 6 minutes of that one. if you're concerned about depth that's fine. or team d. but let's not go overboard pretending that diop is some kind of all-nba big man lockdown defender.
    the only thing i remember is the game 6 or 7..2 years ago..the game was on overtime in san antonio and diop stopped duncan 3 or 4 times in row with 2 blocks...and the mavs beat them..

Decent college freshman Silverbullit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Topdoglakers
    the only thing i remember is the game 6 or 7..2 years ago..the game was on overtime in san antonio and diop stopped duncan 3 or 4 times in row with 2 blocks...and the mavs beat them..
    In game 7 Dirk blocked Duncan with 0 seconds to play to send them to overtime.
    At the start of overtime Diop blocked Duncan once.

Duncan had 41 points and 15 rebounds.
    Dirk had 37 points and 15 rebounds.

http://www.nba.com/games/20060522/DA...laybyplay.html

Kobe better send a little something George's way for blocking this deal. He held up the process and it's looking real slim now with the Stackhouse ordeal. Wouldn't it be ironic if LA wins the title and sign George in the off-season.

Banned

3-time NBA All-Star Lakers Legend#32's Avatar

Who knew the fifth Beatle had this type of clout?

You guys do know george is getting paid by the lakers under the table right?

I mean, i am a laker fan and i know this is happenings. Boston is also slipping him some money as well as the timberwolves for some reason.

Decent college freshman BFRESH44's Avatar

What's going to happen with this situation is that a 3rd team will need to be involved.

Heaters got the expiring contracts fillers to make something happen...

I want draft picks.

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

Can someone that is bashing Devean George for doing this please explain to me how adding Jason Kidd makes Dallas a legit title contender?

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Da KO King
    Can someone that is bashing Devean George for doing this please explain to me how adding Jason Kidd makes Dallas a legit title contender?
    because he's Jason Kidd!! That's all anybody says. Mention how Harris is faster, defends better at this point in their careers against fast guards, shoots 12% better from the field, and people will just say, "but he's Jason Kidd!" I'll admit, his name alone does bring a new excitement from a fan perspective, but I'd rather ride with what we have if we have to give up that much, but then again I don't think you can bring Harris back at this point

Decent college freshman BFRESH44's Avatar

I hoenstly don't see how it gets done.

Stackhouse probably won't even report given his dumbass comments. And Dallas doesn't have that any other expiring fillers outside Diop and George(even if they go ahead and do the KVH thing, it's not enough)..And I'm sure New Jersey doesn't want to touch Trenton Hassel's contract.

As long as George stays content on staying with Dallas, it's not happening.