Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Gerald Green traded to Houston for Kirk Snyder, 2nd round pick?

Gerald Green can be useful in Rick Adelman's system. He can use his atletism in offence system.

Karl Malone's bastard TMac&Luther's Avatar

I like this trade......Adelman has shown he can develop talent and his system is very player friendly where athletic energetic players can make a impact.....I'm curious to see how this turns out.

Banned

I predicted this right on the money,I was just bull****ting and I got it right.

People here undervalue my ideas.

I posted about Jermaine O'Neal to GS 1st,back in like October.Then reports came out Indiana had talks with GS about a deal involving Jermaine O'Neal.

Banned

good trade, might mess up chemistry though.

Somebody seriously needs to give this kid a decent chance to expand or develop his game and I believe Adelman might just be the guy to do so...
    The fact that Houston packaged in a 2nd rounder with Snyder goes to show that this wasn't just a salary based deal and more so an investment than anything. Who knows, maybe this jump to Houston might be the final stop before GG blossoms into the player that was so excessivley hyped prior to being drafted...

Done
    &
    Done

I shall now impart my wisdom about this trade:

And finally...

What, the Rockets didn't get any cupcakes?

Quote Originally Posted by evinecz
    good trade, might mess up chemistry though.
    22 YOs that aren't proven and are at the bottom of NBA rosters don't "mess up chemistry", they pack their bags and are told to go home if they don't mind their Ps and Qs..

There is absolutey 0 chance of Green messing with chemistry on this veteran driven team.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    I predicted this right on the money,I was just bull****ting and I got it right.

People here undervalue my ideas.

I posted about Jermaine O'Neal to GS 1st,back in like October.Then reports came out Indiana had talks with GS about a deal involving Jermaine O'Neal.
    I'm pretty sure everyone gets that you are a genius now since you've stated as much 3 times prior to this.

shhhhhhh

good pickup by the rockets congrats, i was kinda hopeing he'd be avaulable this summer for the lakers somehow... as long as the coaching staff is patient with him i think houston will be real happy with this kid in a year or two

College superstar

22 yr old career 38% shooter who runs and jumps out of the building, nope, no way the Mavs could have used him

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

I'm glad to see G on a team that is willing to give him a chance (not saying that he never had a shot in Minnie but they clearly gave up on him when they didn't take up the option for next season). He's got a coach that's good at using scorers and gets to learn from his idol. This is about as good as he could hope for.

kidachi
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

I want to see Gerald in a running team (suns/warriors). Dunk....Dunk...Dunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    I'm glad to see G on a team that is willing to give him a chance (not saying that he never had a shot in Minnie but they clearly gave up on him when they didn't take up the option for next season). He's got a coach that's good at using scorers and gets to learn from his idol. This is about as good as he could hope for.
    I'm guessing you saw him play is Boston. How good is this kid and how good can he become? What are his strengths and weaknesses?

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets
    I'm guessing you saw him play is Boston. How good is this kid and how good can he become? What are his strengths and weaknesses?
    Strengths: Has as much rise as anyone in the NBA, a terrific athlete, and is a good shooter.
    Weaknesses: Not much of a dribbler, doesn't understand offense or defense at the NBA level of complexity.

He could become a 20+ ppg scorer and a great defender, but that's only if he starts developing at a rate he hasn't been developing at. My guess is that he one day will become a good scorer but may never fully realize his potential as a defender.

How much of this kid's finger is cut off........I mean how the hell can he handle/shoot the ball missing a ring finger?

Does anybody have a picture of it...