Page 20 of 80 FirstFirst ... 10171819202122233070 ... LastLast
    Decent playground baller

Default Re: Why do they say LeBron's jumpshot has significantly improved when...

It would be worse if it's FG%... eFG% is always higher

eFG% calculation = (FGM + (0.5 x 3PM))/FGA

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Jorn444Lakers's Avatar

Default Re: Arco Arena Crowd chants "MVP" for Kobe

Quote Originally Posted by nbapoints
    5 people saying MVP doesn't mean there was a MVP chant at Golden State. They do chant for Baron Davis as MVP at GS. The last time I know they did, when he won the game at the buzzer. Are you sure you aren't getting chants mixed up?
    I'm pretty sure there were a lot more than 5 laker fans at the GS game last time they played. I should know... I was there. There are always quite a few laker fans when i've gone the past couple years. Good times

Dunking on everybody in the park

Default Re: Why do they say LeBron's jumpshot has significantly improved when...

If Lebron James shoots a higher % from the field and scores more points, what difference does it make from what location on the floor those shots are being taken?

If you can carve a defense apart and get a dunk when Kobe would pull up for a jump shot in a similar situation, wouldn't you take the dunk?

Lebron is bigger than some power forwards. He puts up power forward FG% numbers and he gets power forward rebounding numbers. And you're implying something wrong with this because he can't back that up with shooting guard jump shooting ability? Lebron gives me 30/8/8 and a block every night. And for the record: numbers be damned, Lebron has improved his jump shot every year of his career, and if you can't see that you're not watching.

Serious playground baller LakerDynasty00's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    nah jazz fans have pride
    And absolutely no class for booing Fisher during his first game back in Utah as a Laker. At least cheer him pre-tip off, damn. And I'm not saying anything good about Laker fans or any other team's fans, just that it was not cool to do that to Fish after all the stuff that happened.

Banned

Default Re: this is why kobe will always be better than lebron, unless lbj gets a nasty jumper!

i know i know it's another kobe vs. lbj thread, but I just had to get it off my chest, i apologize, becasue i know the forum has been flooded with these recent threads, but i just wanted to put my 2 cents into the debate.

Serious playground baller LakerDynasty00's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Posts Penyeach
    If Lebron James shoots a higher % from the field and scores more points, what difference does it make from what location on the floor those shots are being taken?

If you can carve a defense apart and get a dunk when Kobe would pull up for a jump shot in a similar situation, wouldn't you take the dunk?

Lebron is bigger than some power forwards. He puts up power forward FG% numbers and he gets power forward rebounding numbers. And you're implying something wrong with this because he can't back that up with shooting guard jump shooting ability? Lebron gives me 30/8/8 and a block every night. And for the record: numbers be damned, Lebron has improved his jump shot every year of his career, and if you can't see that you're not watching.
    This is all true. But he doesn't play as a PF. He rarely posts-up. So he has to shoot the jumper on occasion and with a decent amount of success to keep the defense honest enough so he can blow by them and actually get to the basket.

And he does that. But if his FG% on jumpers started to fade at some point in this season or his career as a scout or coach I'd recommend my defenders lay off him and force him to shoot from the perimeter.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Posts Penyeach

because a few certain lebron fans keep talking about how much lebrons outside shooting has improved and then hold up his FG% to back up their argument...
    you are correct that taking the higher percentagee shot is better, but that's not what this thread is about...

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Jorn444Lakers's Avatar

Default Re: this is why kobe will always be better than lebron, unless lbj gets a nasty jumpe

Is a thread like this completely necesssary??? no wonder laker fans get a bad name. I personally apologize for this.

Banned

that's what im tryin to say, it's easy to say he can just dunk it all the time, but he;s not a pf so he cant dunk it all the time, so he has to develop a really nice jumper.

Decent playground baller

Exactly! My problem with Lebron is that, WHY IS HE TAKING JUMP SHOTS IN THE FIRST PLACE?!?!?!

He should NEVER take a jump shot because he is bigger, faster than any opposing defender out there. Why aren't the Cavs posting Lebron up? Why is Lebron always just dribble dribble dribble and if he can't get to the lane, or he can't find the open man, he shoots a off balance jumpshot at a less than 40% rate?

Cavs should tell Lebron, don't taking any shots outside of 10-15 ft. range.. Lebron would avg probably 40 pts instead of 30 pts.

Default Re: this is why kobe will always be better than lebron, unless lbj gets a nasty jumpe

Quote Originally Posted by tikay00
    i know i know it's another kobe vs. lbj thread, but I just had to get it off my chest, i apologize, becasue i know the forum has been flooded with these recent threads, but i just wanted to put my 2 cents into the debate.
    apology is useless, why?

you knew that this forum has been flooded with similar threads recently.
    there was a thread that had ongoing discussion on this.
    you did not look at Lebron's strength and at where he has advantages of continuing at this pace.

now mods, delete...

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Sinox's Avatar

Because the experienced commentators said so.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong
    .458 this year. .467 last year

74% of Bryant's shots are jumpshots, compared to LeBron taking 61%
    The site shows .458 efg%, meaning it factors in the added value of 3pt shots. I couldn't find any other breakdown. Not to say that kobe isn't a better jump shooter, but it's kinda skewed.

Made that high school varsity squad ThaWarrior's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LakerDynasty00
    And absolutely no class for booing Fisher during his first game back in Utah as a Laker. At least cheer him pre-tip off, damn. And I'm not saying anything good about Laker fans or any other team's fans, just that it was not cool to do that to Fish after all the stuff that happened.
    and dont forgot what some jazz fan were calling the warriors during the playoffs

Default Re: Kobe and LeBron: "We'd beat Magic and Bird two on two"

Quote Originally Posted by mjbulls23
    actually now that I think about it... it would depend if the game was winners out or losers out
    exactly. magic and bird can board like crazy.