Page 32 of 80 FirstFirst ... 222930313233343542 ... LastLast
    KG >> Duncan, Kobe

Default Re: Lebron James and Kobe Bryant C0 MVP of the regular season

Quote Originally Posted by LakerDynasty00
    Very good points. Are you, for arguments sake calling their respective surrounding players in 05-06 equal? Because I would have rather had the Cavs guys then the our guys, obviously this year is very different. Which would mean that Kobe's 45 was probably about as good as James' 50. Then again, given their respective stats its still damn close, maybe with just a SLIGHT SLIGHT SLIGHT edge to KB for the ridiculous scoring numbers on a still very respectable 46%.

Anyway that's old news. If the Cavs win 50 games, I'm not sure how you can NOT give it to LBJ, other than the voters probably feel obligated to give it to the player on the team with the better record and also feel that they owe Kobe one by now (and are thinking Lebron's probably going to win a whole bunch by the time he's done).

I also will not deny that LBJ's statistics this season are close to paranormal. How much is actual ability/talent/desire/team dynamics is something hard to quanitfy. Do I think Kobe could average as many rebounds per game as Lebron if he took some away from Bynum, Gasol, and Odom? Yeah. Do I think he could score as much as Lebron AND have as many assists? No. I think Lebron's major advantage over Kobe is his court vision and passing skills. Lebron's size obviously helps him board as well, but you can't take that away from him, its not his fault he's such an absurd specimen.

How much credit do you have to take away from Lebron though (if they do say end up with exactly 50 wins) for reaching that number with his improved team, considering they will have played over a quarter of a season together?
    Same question for Kobe with Pau.

I think my feeling is, regardless of how many wins each team ends up with, if the difference is 10 or greater (i.e. Lakers 60 wins, Cavs 50 wins) that it should go to Kobe. If it its under, like LA 58 Cavs 50, give it to Lebron. Whatever the argument, you can't ignore what Lebron has done is insane. But here's the thing, and maybe its always the issue. As your teammates improve (when you are a scorer) it is inevitable your scoring will go down. So there's just no way Kobe's going to average 30+ with the team he has, nor have any need to get 8 rebounds, but he'll also never average 8 assists (mostly his doing). There's unfortunately no perfect experiment where we could put each guy in the other's shoes and see what happens. Would Kobe's more shoot-first nature have worked for him on the Cavs? Would they get 50 wins? Would Lebron's slightly more passive nature gotten the Lakers to where they are? I dont know.

I'll just stick with my 10 win LBJ/KB MVP rule and be happy for whomever ends up with it. Might as well stick CP3 in there too.
    KG is the MVP hands down. Boston won 24 games last year and now they have 47 wins with the best record in the league by at least 4 games. Afterwards is Chris Paul.

Lebron's case is that he has over a 30 PER. Kobe doesn't have a case as he still can't shoot better than his team's average which he hasn't done in 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by kgisbigticket
    KG is the MVP hands down. Boston won 24 games last year and now they have 47 wins with the best record in the league by at least 4 games. Afterwards is Chris Paul.

Lebron's case is that he has over a 30 PER. Kobe doesn't have a case as he still can't shoot better than his team's average which he hasn't done in 5 years.
    That's true, all this Lebron and Kobe talk... Garnett deserves it, even thoug hhe missed copule of games he deserves it and brought this team to best record in the leauge... he hasnt won a ring and he deserves it..

Good college starter EricForman's Avatar

Default Re: Magic/Jordan VS Lebron/Kobe. Who will win?

Quote Originally Posted by dejordan
    magic could get by james at will and post him up. magic abused dennis rodman who could guard 2s, 3s, and 4s better than lebron. magic was a very difficult cover when he set his mind to scoring. on the other hand, it's not like magic would have a hope in hell of covering lebron either.

i think you should give bron more credit.

if Bron and Magic were to matchup, Bron would give Magic as much probs as Magic would give Bron probs. For every time Magic "blows by" Bron like you claimed, Bron would dunk ON Magic or overpower him easily. Look at Bron's body and look at Magic's body--it's like comparing Dwight Howard's body to Brad Miller's body.

That's Turr'ble

Default Kobe versus LeBron James in a game of HORSE

So who wins?
    This should settle everything.
    And to answer your question, no there aren't enough Kobe-LeBron threads.

Decent playground baller NotWorthy's Avatar

Default Re: Kobe versus LeBron James in a game of HORSE

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Thou NBA
    So who wins?
    Horse? Kobe. How about Battleship? That might be a better indicator.

National High School Star

Kobe

and yes there are way too many Kobe/LeBron threads

Not airballing my layups anymore The Bynuminator's Avatar

So who wins?
    Agreed, I'm going to go make another one - right now!

So who wins?
    How is a game of horse gonna settle everything?

That's Turr'ble

Quote Originally Posted by ShowTime LA
    How is a game of horse gonna settle everything?
    I don't know... good question.

Good High School Starter

2 yra ago KObe put up damn near 36/6/5/2 and did not win. hell he finished 4th. But lebron might win it this year...right.

Local High School Star ChrisConley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by danumber88
    That's true, all this Lebron and Kobe talk... Garnett deserves it, even thoug hhe missed copule of games he deserves it and brought this team to best record in the leauge... he hasnt won a ring and he deserves it..
    Garnett can't win it because he has two other 2008 all-stars on his team!!!! Some nights Pierce looks better than Garnett. Some nights Allen does. I understand that "KG is the anchor", but I don't think he's on any NBA analyst's radar as MVP due to the bolded statement above.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisConley
    Garnett can't win it because he has two other 2008 all-stars on his team!!!! Some nights Pierce looks better than Garnett. Some nights Allen does. I understand that "KG is the anchor", but I don't think he's on any NBA analyst's radar as MVP due to the bolded statement above.
    True but that didn't stop MJ from winning some.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KenneBell
    The Bulls won 60+ those last 3 years, including the 72-win season.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KenneBell
    Jordan never had two all-stars on his team (i.e., players who were all-stars the same year he was playing) in any full season he played with Chicago.

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

John Hollinger, ESPN.com:

1. LeBron James: The best player in the league, the rightful MVP, and the reason you won't be able to take your eyes off the Cavs in the playoffs ... even if you'd rather not watch most of his teammates.

Chris Broussard, ESPN Mag:

1. LeBron James: Does this even need an explanation? He's the most outstanding player in the league.