Page 36 of 80 FirstFirst ... 263334353637383946 ... LastLast
    Saw a basketball once

Default Re: Magic/Jordan VS Lebron/Kobe. Who will win?

[font="Book Antiqua"]Hmm... Maybe I should have looked at the last page at least, huh?

Well, I believe Kobe can outscore LeBron on any given night. Kobe Bryant is the type of player who can score from anywhere, whereas LeBron's scoring abilities are limited because of his lack of an incredible three-point shot. LeBron also lacks at freethrows when compared to Kobe's freethrow shooting percentage. Overall, LeBron may be able to take the ball to the hoop better than Kobe, but Kobe has distance and the shots to take the win.[/font]

The Holy Trinity

Default Re: Lebron James vs Kobe Bryant, in the season, in MVP talk, more

One of the biggest arguments against James for MVP has to be that it may not be appropriate to give the award to a guy who plays in the East (and therefore plays most of his games in the East) whose team has a record that isn't good enough to get into the playoffs in the West.

It should be easier to get more wins than the low seeds in the West if you play in the East.

Default Re: Magic/Jordan VS Lebron/Kobe. Who will win?

Quote Originally Posted by Illosophee
    [font="Book Antiqua"]Hmm... Maybe I should have looked at the last page at least, huh?

Well, I believe Kobe can outscore LeBron on any given night. Kobe Bryant is the type of player who can score from anywhere, whereas LeBron's scoring abilities are limited because of his lack of an incredible three-point shot. LeBron also lacks at freethrows when compared to Kobe's freethrow shooting percentage. Overall, LeBron may be able to take the ball to the hoop better than Kobe, but Kobe has distance and the shots to take the win.[/font]
    LeBron can get hot from long range too. But, I wouldn't count on him doing that very often.

Right now LeBron is on a different plane in terms of athleticism and power. That where his advanages lie.

Kobe on the other hand just has an offensive arsenal that can't be stopped. Outside, midrange, finshing inside he can do it all. And he adds to it every once in a while too. I was very surprised when he came out with the running hook in the Dallas game. He's does it right and left handed too. I just find that to be incredible.

That what puts Kobe ahead IMO. That's just things that experience and practice involve. If LeBron had about half of Carmelo's moves in the paint, he'd be really scary.

shhhhhhh

Default Re: Lebron James vs Kobe Bryant, in the season, in MVP talk, more

Quote Originally Posted by jrong
    One of the biggest arguments against James for MVP has to be that it may not be appropriate to give the award to a guy who plays in the East (and therefore plays most of his games in the East) whose team has a record that isn't good enough to get into the playoffs in the West.

It should be easier to get more wins than the low seeds in the West if you play in the East.
    yeah that's an argument i have pointed out myself... it's a valid point and i'm sure one that will be looked at by the voters...

NBA Superstar

Default Lebron is the Ace of Spades, Kobe is the Joker

That's it, Lebron is boss card, meanest in the deck, but Kobe is just that too, with a little more versatility.

Until Lebron's defense and jumper catches up to Kobe, Kobe will be better, despite how freakishly nasty Lebron is.

I like Lebron better than Kobe, but to be fair, I have to admit Kobe is the better player.

The ace of spades is the preeminent kick ass card, but the Joker will get you out of more jams and win you more hands with its versatility.

You could even go so far as to say Lebron was built and groomed to be the best in the league (like an Ace), while Kobe got there but to this day still has his naysayers questioning his legitimacy at the top (like the Joker).

I do not expect any replies to this thread because I have summed it up so succinctly, so go ahead Jeff/Steve lock this up.
    Last edited by JtotheIzzo; 03-07-2008 at 05:04 AM.

Default Re: Lebron is the Ace of Spades, Kobe is the Joker

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    That's it, Lebron is boss card, meanest in the deck, but Kobe is just that too, with a little more versatility.

Until Lebron's defense and jumper catches up to Kobe, Kobe will be better, despite how freakishly nasty Lebron is.

I like Lebron better than Kobe, but to be fair, I have to admit Kobe is the better player.

The ace of spades is the preeminent kick ass card, but the Joker will get you out of more jams and win you more hands with its versatility.

I do not expect any replies to this thread because I have summed it up so succinctly, so go ahead Jeff/Steve lock this up.
    as a basketball fan I enjoy watching both. I hope Kobe gets the MVP this year so that he and his fans will quit feeling picked on in the MVP race. Lebron will finish with more MVP's than Kobe baring a big injury IMO.

High School Varsity 6th Man

this has to be the worst analogy I have ever heard. come on, for serious?

College star

Default Re: Will Kobe sacrifice team cohesiveness to match LeBron's recent play?

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    On 49% shooting? No way... Hell... he is averaging 28 points on just 46% shooting.

Sure, Kobe could probably average 30+ points per game, but it would, most likely, be on around 44% from the field.
    Kobe is a more efficient scorer than Bron. Beats him in 3P%, FT%, TS% and PPS

Good college starter Eldrunko247's Avatar

Jokers don't play in most card games. I'm just saying. I can't recall a game that has Jokers in them.

Local High School Star markymark's Avatar

eddy curry is the 10 of clubs

No, Lebron is the king....

Local High School Star Bimbo Coles's Avatar

Lebron does not deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as Kobe.

Default Re: Will Kobe sacrifice team cohesiveness to match LeBron's recent play?

Quote Originally Posted by Brunch@Five
    Kobe is a more efficient scorer than Bron. Beats him in 3P%, FT%, TS% and PPS
    True. WHat about 4th quarter points, though?

BTW, Cavs would be 10th seeded in the west with their record right now.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by Emile
    True. WHat about 4th quarter points, though?

BTW, Cavs would be 10th seeded in the west with their record right now.

What do 4th quarter points have to do with efficiency?

all I know is Kobe is shooting the exact same % from the field in clutch situations (as defined by 82games.com) as Bron, .493
    Last edited by Brunch@Five; 03-07-2008 at 05:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bimbo Coles
    Lebron does not deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as Kobe.

You are a moron. He already led the Cavaliers in the NBA Finals as the no.1 option of his team.

Just respect the no.1 scorer in the NBA, and i am sure once the Cavs got healthy next week their is a huge possibility that they can still manage to win 50 games this season.