Page 40 of 80 FirstFirst ... 303738394041424350 ... LastLast
    Decent playground baller catquickspider's Avatar

Default Re: Lebron is the Ace of Spades, Kobe is the Joker

Quote Originally Posted by Make It Rain
    Are you blaming LeBron for taking better shots? This is the argument I'm tired of. Kobe isn't better because he takes a lot of outside shots. If he could take it in and dunk all day he would, but he can't. For Kobe it is easier to pull up for a jumpshot and make it and it is a lot harder to get to the rim and finish for him. Otherwise, don't you think he'd just dunk all game? Come on guys this is common sense.
    the reason kobe shoots more from the perimeter is cause most teams defend him
    like the the spurs defended lebron in the finals

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by john_d
    but the real question is lebron fans...

if lebron goes for High percentage shots most of the time... why does he have have average FG%...

ur overrating lebron drives to the basket... it not difficult for him, cause he is still young... question is can he keep it up for 5 more years?
    That has absolutely nothing to do with anything... and I'm not a 'LeBron fan.' I'm a Cavalier fan.

Does the fact that Tim Duncan is a MUCH worse free throw shooter than LeBron make his 15 foot bank shots any less difficult?

Quote Originally Posted by catquickspider
    the reason kobe shoots more from the perimeter is cause most teams defend him
    like the the spurs defended lebron in the finals
    Why would they do that? Kobe rarely drives to the basket anymore (just look at the raw numbers) and he isn't even close to as effective as LeBron at getting to the basket. That isn't a slight against Kobe. He is still good at taking it to the cup, but LeBron is on an entirely different level in that respect.

Decent playground baller catquickspider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Why would they do that? Kobe rarely drives to the basket anymore (just look at the raw numbers) and he isn't even close to as effective as LeBron at getting to the basket. That isn't a slight against Kobe. He is still good at taking it to the cup, but LeBron is on an entirely different level in that respect.
    if you leave kobe 1 on 1 he will do what he did to the mavs
    be serious please
    when you can get 27 FTs if you drive, you are effective

he rarely drives because of what I stated not because he isn't good at it
    lebron is more effective because he doesn't get the same defensive pressure

Default Re: Lebron James vs Kobe Bryant, in the season, in MVP talk, more

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    ...and what are you contributing?

I thought that I actually had a valid point a few posts ago, but no replies. Had I said "LeBron is the sh!t and Kobe is nothing without Shaq, Pau and Bynum," I would have gotten 20 replies by now.

But, no one seems to want to have an intellectual discussion on this site any longer. You aren't helping things by padding your post count and trying to look cool by putting down people who have contributed to this thread.

While there may be some of what you say going on, here, there is also an interesting discussion about how accurate shot charts are in evaluating difficulty of scores.

Apparently, you want no part of that debate and would rather point out that there are some homers/haters on this thread. Nice job...
    You are one of my favorite posters, why because you bring the truth to the table, and u often back your argument up with true facts...Anyways, I love NBA basketball, and I think its healthy for the game to have two such quality players like Lebron and Kobe playing the game of basketball today...Although there not quite at the heights of Jordan who was in the era that I grew up with, they along with many others keep me hanging on the next big play or crunch situation that comes along... Bulls lost today, or yesterday in other places...

shhhhhhh

Originally Posted by w00terz
    40 pages of c0ck-riding, nut grasping, flaming homers slurping on Lebron and Kobe's man juice......
    don't read it... go post about something else otherwise stfu

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Make It Rain
    Are you blaming LeBron for taking better shots? This is the argument I'm tired of. Kobe isn't better because he takes a lot of outside shots. If he could take it in and dunk all day he would, but he can't. For Kobe it is easier to pull up for a jumpshot and make it and it is a lot harder to get to the rim and finish for him. Otherwise, don't you think he'd just dunk all game? Come on guys this is common sense.
    no not at all..go back and see what i was responding too. this wasn't about who takes better shots or has a better shot selection... i was just pointing out the kobe has a better fg% than lebron on jump shots... lebron takes more shots close to the paint..hence the higher overall fg%

to RBA yes lebrons shots in the paint are contested, but your making it seem like he's the only guy who gets doubled..kobe has seen more than his fair share of double and triple teams in his time, kobe shots are just as contested as lebrons...lol
    lebrons gone to the line 578 times this season ( shooting 71%) kobe 555 times (shooting 84%) judging by free throw attempts i'd say they are seeing about the same amount of attention fomr the defenses

You got to wait before you start ur predcition.. its only a couple of games left of
    regualar.. if one player leads their team to a hot run, the player will most likely take it. Doesn't matter if lakers are 1st or Cavaliers are 5th, as long as they lead their team to a good position or give their team a hot streak, while putting up "MVP stats" they have the highest chance of MVP.

Right now:

Lebron

30,8,7,2,1 48%

Kobe

28,6,5,2,0.5 46%

Lebron is leading the stats right now, now if he gets his team to a good position he will most likely win this ****

Kobe is still putting on great stats, and 1st in the leauge. Once he gives his team a hot streak and keep their position to #1, then hes most likely wining this

NBA sixth man of the year picc84's Avatar

If this thread isnt for kobe and lebron ******ging, what is it for.

it would be a tough game that would result in all four of them having AIDS.

jk jk, i beleive the older guys got this one.

NBA rookie of the year

Does anyone realize just how well he is playing?

30.9 ppg, 8.0 rpg, 7.4 apg, 2.0 spg, 1.0 bpg, 48.7 FG%, 31.9 3P%, 71.7 FT%

He has carried a team full of scrubs to a 35-27 record. They are 0-6 without him too. So really when Lebron is playing the Cavs are 35-21.

This is historic all time great stuff Lebron is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    no not at all..go back and see what i was responding too. this wasn't about who takes better shots or has a better shot selection... i was just pointing out the kobe has a better fg% than lebron on jump shots... lebron takes more shots close to the paint..hence the higher overall fg%

to RBA yes lebrons shots in the paint are contested, but your making it seem like he's the only guy who gets doubled..kobe has seen more than his fair share of double and triple teams in his time, kobe shots are just as contested as lebrons...lol
    lebrons gone to the line 578 times this season ( shooting 71%) kobe 555 times (shooting 84%) judging by free throw attempts i'd say they are seeing about the same amount of attention fomr the defenses
    I agree that they get similar looks from defenses (though, their different styles dictate a little different reaction from defenses). My point was that THE WAY LeBron is able to get through a defense and consistently score at the basket over and around an entire team is not as easy as it looks on a shot chart. If it were, more guys would be doing it. He makes it look easy, but it is anything but...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by VCMVP1551
    Does anyone realize just how well he is playing?

30.9 ppg, 8.0 rpg, 7.4 apg, 2.0 spg, 1.0 bpg, 48.7 FG%, 31.9 3P%, 71.7 FT%

He has carried a team full of scrubs to a 35-27 record. They are 0-6 without him too. So really when Lebron is playing the Cavs are 35-21.

This is historic all time great stuff Lebron is doing.
    ....and this is the bottomline.

The thought that LeBron is putting up 31/8/7+/2/1 on 49% shooting on a team riddled with injuries and holdouts, will lose the MVP to a guy putting up 28/6/5/2/1 on 46% just cause he his team HAS NOT been inflicted with as much adversity would be one of the great trajedies this league has ever seen.

And I mean this.

Banned

Default If LeBron James does not win the MVP, it will set the league back 35 years

Is there any doubt about this anymore?

I mean, you have people arguing not that LeBron doesn't deserve the MVP, just that according to recent voting standards, he shouldn't win it.

How retarded is that?

So what, for the people who believe this, what if LeBron wins it? Are you going to be outraged cause the media didn't stick with their stupid voting criteria from the last two or three years?

"Whahahaha....LeBron didn't deserve the MVP cause Kobe was on a better team even though his individual season was far more inferior--- plus Kobe's stats were better than Nash and Dirk when they won theirs "

Are you people really going to argue day-in and day-out with such an asinine premise if LeBron wins it? Seriously, are you going to be DISAPPOINTED if LeBron wins? Will you feel as if Kobe was ROBBED of the MVP?

Really, I don't see anyone can have ill-feelings if LeBron wins the award. If anything, it's a sign that the voting process is back in the right direction.

So how in the hell can any of you debate LeBron doesn't deserve the award? I'm baffled by this.

National High School Star

Default Re: If LeBron James does not win the MVP, it will set the league back 35 years