Page 45 of 80 FirstFirst ... 354243444546474855 ... LastLast
    The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Default Re: Lebron James vs Kobe Bryant, in the season, in MVP talk, more

Quote Originally Posted by john_d
    if it was given as for individual performance.. how come kobe never won it? how come jordan's 88-89 season didnt get him the mvp?
    I said that it is given out to an 'individual player.' Are you trying to argue with that? Last I checked, the Mavericks' team name wasn't on the trophy last year... It was Dirk.

Decent playground baller catquickspider's Avatar

lol@ the the argument that the cavs are 0-6 without lebron

Why doesn't lebron get penalized for being a ***** and sitting out all that time with a weak ass injury to his non shooting hand?

I guess some people forget that Kobe did all of that in Feb with a broken ligament or whatever on his shooting hand

Very good NBA starter

thread

Quote Originally Posted by catquickspider
    lol@ the the argument that the cavs are 0-6 without lebron

Why doesn't lebron get penalized for being a ***** and sitting out all that time with a weak ass injury to his non shooting hand?

I guess some people forget that Kobe did all of that in Feb with a broken ligament or whatever on his shooting hand

KOBE IS TEH WARRIOR! HE HAS STREET HUNGER!!!111!!

And for some strange reason, his FG% has shot up to around 50-51% since the injury even counting those games in Atlanta and New Jersey.
    Last edited by KenneBell; 03-08-2008 at 11:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KenneBell
    And for some strange reason, his FG% has shot up to around 50-51% since the injury even counting those games in Atlanta and New Jersey.
    i think it was because he was taking it more to the hole ... since his outside shot wasn't falling much.. case sample the dallas game.

Decent playground baller catquickspider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    KOBE IS TEH WARRIOR! HE HAS STREET HUNGER!!!111!!
    I know you have no excuse for lebron being a *****

shhhhhhh

It's eFG% though, which means that Kobe gets extra credit for 3's,
    kobe shoots 4.8 3's per game, lebron shoots 4.8 3's per game... all the math is nice but, as i said when comparing the two and they both take the exact same amount of 3's per game then i think comapring the two players EFG% is valid..
    if lebron took half the amount then maybe you have a case but he takes the same as kobe...so please quit trying to twist the facts and except the fact that kobe is a better jump shooter than lebron...lol

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    kobe shoots 4.8 3's per game, lebron shoots 4.8 3's per game... all the math is nice but, as i said when comparing the two and they both take the exact same amount of 3's per game then i think comapring the two players EFG% is valid..
    if lebron took half the amount then maybe you have a case but he takes the same as kobe...so please quit trying to twist the facts and except the fact that kobe is a better jump shooter than lebron...lol
    Arguing that LeBron is as good a jump shooter as Kobe is as mindless as arguing that Kobe can get to the rim as well as LeBron.

All you have to do is WATCH both players on the court to see where each player thrives. Kobe is a great midrange shooter with the ability to get to the rim. LeBron is a great slasher with the ability to hit midrange/long jumpers.

I rule the local playground

Other then LeBron himself..I don't think there is a better slasher/finisher in other then Kobe. Wade maybe? The difference is that Kobe is a elite finisher/ slasher/shooter while Bron is nowhere near a elite mid range shooter. I think he makes up for it by being a considerably better passer though.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Arguing that LeBron is as good a jump shooter as Kobe is as mindless as arguing that Kobe can get to the rim as well as LeBron.

All you have to do is WATCH both players on the court to see where each player thrives. Kobe is a great midrange shooter with the ability to get to the rim. LeBron is a great slasher with the ability to hit midrange/long jumpers.
    exactly..but for some people to admit that kobe is a good jump shooter is like pulling teeth...lol

guys like loki will throw formulas and whatcha ma callits at you all night long when all it takes is a basic ability to read a normal stat sheet and an eye for what you see on court to tell you what's going on...

i mean look at that post... lol

and when it's all said and done to be honest no matter who the player is, all that really matters is points total and wins and losses...

Banned

I actually said that Kobe is still probably the significantly better shooter before I even worked out the numbers. I didn't look at their respective 3FGA beforehand, which is why I originally said that the actual FG% might be different than the eFG%.

In other words, before I looked at the numbers, I figured that Kobe took more threes, and that since he's a good 3-point shooter, his eFG% on jumpshots in general would get a considerable boost from that, whereas Lebron might shoot comparably from two point range but worse from deep. That was not the case.
    Last edited by Loki; 03-09-2008 at 12:11 AM.

exactly..but for some people to admit that kobe is a good jump shooter is like pulling teeth...lol

guys like loki will throw formulas and whatcha ma callits at you all night long when all it takes is a basic ability to read a normal stat sheet and an eye for what you see on court to tell you what's going on...

i mean look at that post... lol

and when it's all said and done to be honest no matter who the player is, all that really matters is points total and wins and losses...
    actually kobe is a pretty average at best midrange shooter. http://www.nba.com/hotspots/ just take a look.

I know you have no excuse for lebron being a *****

Lebron is the best player in the NBA Season, but he will not win the MVP this year because he doesn't have a great supporting casts to win 60 games in the regular season.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGSHOT
    Other then LeBron himself..I don't think there is a better slasher/finisher in other then Kobe. Wade maybe? The difference is that Kobe is a elite finisher/ slasher/shooter while Bron is nowhere near a elite mid range shooter. I think he makes up for it by being a considerably better passer though.
    LeBron is a considerably better slasher/finisher than Kobe. That is not a slight to Bryant. Kobe is very good at getting to the rim, but that is what makes LeBron as great a player as he is.

The ONLY player in my lifetime that I have seen with the ability to probe a defense, find the slightest crease, dash to the hoop, avoid the charge and FINISH with either hand is an 80s version of Jordan.

Wade is great in this area, too, but what separates LeBron from Wade is James' insane ability to absorb a lot of contact and not be knocked off stride, even a little. A foul that would put Wade or Kobe into press row doesn't have any effect on LeBron, normally.

Also, LeBron really isn't a BAD shooter. His eFG% on jumpers is 40.1%. That certainly isn't great, but it isn't bad, either.
    http://www.82games.com/0708/07CLE13A.HTM

To put it in perspective, Arenas was shooting 37.6% on his jumpers before his injury.
    http://www.82games.com/0708/07WAS1A.HTM

Antawn Jamison is shooting 38.9% on his jumpers for the season.
    http://www.82games.com/0708/07WAS9A.HTM

Dwyane Wade is shooting 39% on his jumpers for the season.
    http://www.82games.com/0708/07MIA5A.HTM

Tony Parker is shooting 40.0% on his jumpers for the season.
    http://www.82games.com/0708/07SAS1A.HTM

All of these guys are shooting a lower percentage on their jumpshots than LeBron, but if I made the statement that LeBron is a better jumpshooter than these players without backing it up with facts, I would be scolded and laughed at.

LeBron isn't nearly the poor jumpshooter that a lot of people would have you believe.

LeBron is also shooting 45.4% on his jumpers in 'clutch minutes.'
    http://www.82games.com/0708/07CLE13E.HTM

No... He is not the jumpshooter that Steve Nash is, but he isn't Eric Snow, either.

I think a lot of people are probably surprised at some of the names I listed that are shooting a lower percentage on their jumpshots than LeBron.

LeBron's 45.4% on jumpers in the clutch is actually pretty damn good.
    Last edited by RedBlackAttack; 03-09-2008 at 01:49 AM.