Page 47 of 80 FirstFirst ... 374445464748495057 ... LastLast
    NBA Finals

Default Re: Lebron James vs Kobe Bryant, in the season, in MVP talk, more

The MVP award is suppose to go to the MOST VALUAVLE PLAYER and currently lebron is the mvp. im a cleveland cavalier fan and i know from watching the team play that without lebron there's really no reason i would wanna watch them play because without him the team is garbage and i 100% guarantee u that they wont make the playoffs . but if the lakers didnt have kobe they would make the playoffs as a number 3 or 4 seed. that shows u how much value lebron has to his team and that's what the MVP award is all about.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1~Gibson~1
    The MVP award is suppose to go to the MOST VALUAVLE PLAYER and currently lebron is the mvp. im a cleveland cavalier fan and i know from watching the team play that without lebron there's really no reason i would wanna watch them play because without him the team is garbage and i 100% guarantee u that they wont make the playoffs . but if the lakers didnt have kobe they would make the playoffs as a number 3 or 4 seed. that shows u how much value lebron has to his team and that's what the MVP award is all about.
    Are you kidding us???? Um, no way my friend... this is not the Eastern Conference we are talking about. That comment is just a cheap shot at Kobe... come on now.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by konex
    The difference in the their stats is mainly minutes and ball domination..
    Is it possible for you to admit that Kobe could NEVER put up the numbers Lebron is putting up (in terms of PER/EFF, where he leads the league) regardless of minutes played or ball dominance? Because that is, in fact, the case.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    Is it possible for you to admit that Kobe could NEVER put up the numbers Lebron is putting up (in terms of PER/EFF, where he leads the league) regardless of minutes played or ball dominance? Because that is, in fact, the case.
    There is no doubt in my mind that Bron will get an MVP at least once in his career. Its just a matter of time... so for those of you gripping right now, just relax. If you are a Cavs fan, you should be more concerned about the Cavs ability to compete at a championship level.

Loki is not a Cavs fan. He's just a Kobe hater. He will turn on LeBron as well when he percieves him a threat to MJ's legacy
    Last edited by konex; 03-09-2008 at 02:31 PM.

College star

I'm just gonna make a few statements which I believe to be true and show that Kobe is this years MVP:

- Kobe is a better scorer and defender, Bron is a better rebounder and playmaker. I don't see how this is arguable.
    - The system Kobe plays in is less conducive to stats than the system Bron plays in. I don't think this is arguable as well.
    - Kobe's team is performing way better than Bron's team. This isn't arguable, just look at their records. Kobe's team is winning 71% of its games, Bron's team is winning 57%.
    - Kobe is making his teammates better than Bron is making his. Gasol, Fisher, Vujacic, Farmar, Bynum, Turiaf are all having career years next to Kobe. This is not so much the case with the Cavs. Hughes and Gooden regressed, Ben Wallace and Wally Z aren't playing better for the Cavs than they were for teams they were very unhappy with.
    Last edited by Brunch@Five; 03-09-2008 at 04:42 PM.

I rule the local playground

Who do you think is the better player?

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brunch@Five
    - The system Kobe plays in is less conducive to stats than the system Bron plays in. I don't think this is arguable as well.
    This doesn't negate the fact that Kobe's never shown that he could put up numbers LeBron's putting up this season. Kobe had free reign to do whatever he wanted the 3 seasons prior to this one. Especially in 04-05 and 05-06.

Kobe's team is performing way better than Bron's team. This isn't arguable, just look at their records. Kobe's team is winning 71% of its games, Bron's team is winning 57%.
    Not way better. Cleveland is winning 65% of its games when LeBron plays.

Hughes and Gooden regressed
    Don't know what you're talking about. Gooden has played his best ball in Cleveland. Look up the numbers. Hughes sucks in Chicago too now. What do you make of that? Mind you, in the 7 games LeBron missed pretty much every Cavs' productoin went way down(look it up). Particularly their 2 best players(Z and Gibson) when he was out.

Ben Wallace and Wally Z aren't playing better for the Cavs than they were for teams they were very unhappy with.
    Wally indeed has struggled. Wallace's numbers as a Cavalier are identical to what he was doing in Chicago, except with more ppg and a far better FG%. West's numbers have gone up considerably in every category. Most notably in ppg and FG%. Joe Smith's FG% has almost gone up by 10%.

Looks like LeBron's doing a fine job improving his teammates. And he doesn't even have the help of a structured and championship-proven offense like the triangle(the real reason behind the improvement of LA's roleplayers) to make the game easier for his teammates.

NBA Finals

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalMike
    Are you kidding us???? Um, no way my friend... this is not the Eastern Conference we are talking about. That comment is just a cheap shot at Kobe... come on now.

ok i exaggerated a little and i know kobe really does contribute alot to his team but the lakers without kobe would still make the playoffs because over the past season they've gotten more talent in derek fisher, pau, a growing andrew bynum, sasha, jordan farmar, and ronnie turiaf. the lakers have gotten so better that when kobe isnt on the floor they can still produce. but if lebron isnt on the floor the cavs are almost always going downhill

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Brunch@Five
    I'm just gonna make a few statements which I believe to be true and show that Kobe is this years MVP:

- Kobe is a better scorer and defender, Bron is a better rebounder and playmaker. I don't see how this is arguable.
    - Kobe's team is performing way better than Bron's team. This isn't arguable, just look at their records. Kobe's team is winning 71% of its games, Bron's team is winning 57%.
    - Kobe is making his teammates better than Bron is making his. Gasol, Fisher, Vujacic, Farmar, Bynum, Turiaf are all having career years next to Kobe. This is not so much the case with the Cavs. Hughes and Gooden regressed, Ben Wallace and Wally Z aren't playing better for the Cavs than they were for teams they were very unhappy with.
    Why did you quote me, and presumably address this post towards me? I just asked a question. It has nothing to do with who should or will get MVP. I just want him to admit that Kobe could not, even assuming equal minutes/touches, put up the numbers Bron is putting up in terms of PER/EFF. It shouldn't be difficult to admit since Kobe's never even finished top 2 in either category.

Quote Originally Posted by bail
    2 on 2 Game. Magic Johnson & Michael Jordan vs Lebron James & Kobe Bryant. Who will win?

well right now michael jordan is 40 and magic johnson has that sickness so i doubt they can both run with LeBron or Kobe so I'm going to have to say Bron and Kobe.

NBA Finals

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalMike
    There is no doubt in my mind that Bron will get an MVP at least once in his career. Its just a matter of time... so for those of you gripping right now, just relax. If you are a Cavs fan, you should be more concerned about the Cavs ability to compete at a championship level.

if beating the lakers twice in the season series isnt championship level competition then i dont know what is

And Another One Killer_Instinct's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1~Gibson~1
    ok i exaggerated a little and i know kobe really does contribute alot to his team but the lakers without kobe would still make the playoffs because over the past season they've gotten more talent in derek fisher, pau, a growing andrew bynum, sasha, jordan farmar, and ronnie turiaf. the lakers have gotten so better that when kobe isnt on the floor they can still produce. but if lebron isnt on the floor the cavs are almost always going downhill
    I really doubt that. A day ago the Nuggets were playing 600. ball and were just seed 9. This is the West. Not the East. You obviously have the two confused.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by NBAEMoreira022
    well right now michael jordan is 40 and magic johnson has that sickness so i doubt they can both run with LeBron or Kobe so I'm going to have to say Bron and Kobe.
    I think he meant prime MJ and prime EJ vs LeBron & Kobe today

College star

Why did you quote me, and presumably address this post towards me? I just asked a question. It has nothing to do with who should or will get MVP. I just want him to admit that Kobe could not, even assuming equal minutes/touches, put up the numbers Bron is putting up in terms of PER/EFF. It shouldn't be difficult to admit since Kobe's never even finished top 2 in either category.
    i wanted to address your post at first, but it turned out what I wanted to say had nothing to do with your post at all. I'm sorry

As for PER, you're probably right, but that's because defense isn't measured in PER, but rebounding and assists are. As Bron is a better rebounder and playmaker, Bron will have a higher PER. Does not make him a better player though.