Page 53 of 80 FirstFirst ... 3435051525354555663 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Lebron James vs Kobe Bryant, in the season, in MVP talk, more

Quote Originally Posted by ukplayer4
    few things.....

lmao, who the hell rounds up from 46.4 to 47?

the kobe bulk up seasom im pretty sure was 03 and it was dramatic, hes since slimed down again.

last seasons all defense selection was BY HIS OWN ADMISSION a farce, kobe frequently admited to being less focused deffensivly beacuse of the load he had to carry on offense last year and yet somehow he was voted all defensive first team
    Kobe came back from knee surgery last year...did no training and was slower and fatter(people here claiming he lost it). Thats why he didnt put in the same work on defense he was coming off a surery but unlike every1's favorite D-Wade he is so skilled he can play with demonished athletism for a period of time. Kobe this year is much quicker laterally and has much more energy due to training.

he is better deffensivly this year and more like himself but the fact remains he made the defensive first team on reputation alone by his own admission, i just find that a little silly when someone freely admits to not being that strong at something yet gets recognised as one of the best in the nba for that thing in a season when it blatently isnt so.
    im not disputing the fact that he is one of the best deffenders especially at his position, but last season he was not good deffensivly yet for some unknown reason he was all nba deffensive 1st team- totally undeserving.

Good High School Starter

he is better deffensivly this year and more like himself but the fact remains he made the defensive first team on reputation alone by his own admission, i just find that a little silly when someone freely admits to not being that strong at something yet gets recognised as one of the best in the nba for that thing in a season when it blatently isnt so.
    im not disputing the fact that he is one of the best deffenders especially at his position, but last season he was not good deffensivly yet for some unknown reason he was all nba deffensive 1st team- totally undeserving.
    You are wrong.Kobe had the highest defensive PER for any 2 guard in the league last year. He was coming off surgery and clearly was not himself until around Feb in terms of conditioning. His D got better as his knee got better. Clearly the coaches know whats up.

Good High School Starter

The Lakers are 26-9 against the Western Conference. Nice.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS KD
    Wasn't that the year he bulked up to 230? If so his defensive selection wasn't all that legit. He was too heavy to be as effective as normal defensively, and thats the reason he never tried to play at that weight again. Unfortunately there are no elite defenders among starting guards and because of that he's a shoe-in every year.

AFAIK he bulked up after the rape-trial year. But in '03, his All-D selection was definitely legit. It started with the rape trial that his defense became overrated.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KINGD
    The Lakers are 26-9 against the Western Conference. Nice.
    26-10, actually.

...making them 19-9 against the East.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    26-10, actually.

...making them 19-9 against the East.
    You are correct. 9 losses against the East. That won't get it done.:)

You are correct. 9 losses against the East. That won't get it done.:)
    Oddly, the Lakers and Cavs both have a lower winning percentage against the East.

Now, in the case of the Cavs, it is a bit unfair, because six of the seven games played without LeBron were against the East.

Still... a bit of an odd statistics.

Good High School Starter

Oddly, the Lakers and Cavs both have a lower winning percentage against the East.

Now, in the case of the Cavs, it is a bit unfair, because six of the seven games played without LeBron were against the East.

Still... a bit of an odd statistics.
    Probably they don't take East teams with as much itensity as they do West teams. Cavs, for example, actually have a excellant record aginst the West the last 2 years but have tended to slack against weak East teams. It's only natural.

Probably they don't take East teams with as much itensity as they do West teams. Cavs, for example, actually have a excellant record aginst the West the last 2 years but have tended to slack against weak East teams. It's only natural.
    Eh... it could factor in, but the Lakers certainly weren't taking the Cavs lightly in their two losses to them. Those games had playoff type atmospheres to them.

I can't vouch for anything else as far as the Lakers go, because I haven't seen them play many other Eastern Conference teams.

The Cavs actually have a really good record against both conferences when LeBron is playing. Those seven games that he missed really skew the record.

I hate to say it, but if LeBron wouldn't have missed those games, we would be pushing the Pistons for the second best record in the East right now.

Oh well...

Good High School Starter

Eh... it could factor in, but the Lakers certainly weren't taking the Cavs lightly in their two losses to them. Those games had playoff type atmospheres to them.

I can't vouch for anything else as far as the Lakers go, because I haven't seen them play many other Eastern Conference teams.

The Cavs actually have a really good record against both conferences when LeBron is playing. Those seven games that he missed really skew the record.

I hate to say it, but if LeBron wouldn't have missed those games, we would be pushing the Pistons for the second best record in the East right now.

Oh well...
    Lakers should have won both games against the Cavs.
    Lol j/k. Anyway those 6 games LBJ sat out might just cost him his 1st MVP.
    Keep in mind, however, that Kobe is in his 12th year in the league and is a respected veteran. LeBron is only 23. This could be a huge factor.

Lakers should have won both games against the Cavs.
    Lol j/k. Anyway those 6 games LBJ sat out might just cost him his 1st MVP.
    Keep in mind, however, that Kobe is in his 12th year in the league and is a respected veteran. LeBron is only 23. This could be a huge factor.
    Are KINGD and I actually having a civilized conversation?

....it can't be.

I agree that those 7 games MAY end up costing LBJ the MVP, but he has been getting his notice lately and the Cavs' record is starting to round into shape. If the Cavs can hit the 50 win mark, LeBron MAY still have a shot at the MVP, though it seems like the media has already made its decision.

Good High School Starter

Are KINGD and I actually having a civilized conversation?

....it can't be.

I agree that those 7 games MAY end up costing LBJ the MVP, but he has been getting his notice lately and the Cavs' record is starting to round into shape. If the Cavs can hit the 50 win mark, LeBron MAY still have a shot at the MVP, though it seems like the media has already made its decision.
    Yep. Kobe gets to 60 wins it's his.

You are wrong.Kobe had the highest defensive PER for any 2 guard in the league last year. He was coming off surgery and clearly was not himself until around Feb in terms of conditioning. His D got better as his knee got better. Clearly the coaches know whats up.

ermm...im not sure what point you are making, you concur that his conditioning was off and this led to him not playing great d for most of the season yet you tell me im wrong, it doesnt make sense....come to think of it alot of what you say doesnt make sense, maybe i just dont understand you cause your tongue is embeded to deeply in kobe's rectum. dont you see that your head is inhibiting his lateral movement thus impeding his mvp contention?
    Last edited by ukplayer4; 03-12-2008 at 08:22 PM.

Good High School Starter

ermm...im not sure what point you are making, you concur that his conditioning was off and this led to him not playing great d for most of the season yet you tell me im wrong, it doesnt make sense....come to think of it alot of what you say doesnt make sense, maybe i just dont understand you cause your tongue is embeded to deeply in kobe's rectum. dont you see that your head is inhibiting his lateral movement thus impeding his mvp contention?
    Nah I just think it was impresive that he had a very solid defensive PER despite coming off knee surgery. Please no insults. Thank you.