Page 61 of 80 FirstFirst ... 11515859606162636471 ... LastLast
    Superstar

Default Re: Lebron James vs Kobe Bryant, in the season, in MVP talk, more

Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    Because he thinks he's better than he actually is; his self-image doesn't reflect reality. Like you said, it didn't matter even if it were Jordan, Kobe would think he could do better. That's the problem: he doesn't understand that there are players who are just better than he is. Period. Hell, he played with one of them, so he should know that to be true firsthand. That he doesn't says a lot about him.
    big deal. part of what makes him great is that mentality. your idol sure as hell didn't believe that anyone was better than him and he made sure that his opposition knew it night in and night out.

personally i dont get the mentality where you just accept that you're an inferior player...

College star

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    He'd never do it on 49% shooting, though. That is a major figure that you are overlooking. He can't match LeBron in rebounds, assists, FG%, or blocked shots.... those are four pretty major categories.

I don't think an extra 4 ppg can make up for all of that.
    Why do you continue to ignore FT% and 3P%? For a player shooting as many FTs as Bron, being only a .700 shooter is quite a problem.

Kobe is a better scorer than Bron, I don't see how this is arguable. He also is a better defender.
    Bron is a better rebounder and playmaker than Kobe. This isn't arguable as well.
    BOTH are elite at all those things I believe, though Bron still has to improve defensively to really establish himself.

shhhhhhh

Since we are somewhat on topic of the MVP award..I found this interesting... not one person polled by ESPN predictated Kobe to win the MVP.. Garneet was the odds on favorite with Lebron coming in second

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/previe...icttableawards

Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    Since we are somewhat on topic of the MVP award..I found this interesting... not one person polled by ESPN predictated Kobe to win the MVP.. Garneet was the odds on favorite with Lebron coming in second

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/previe...icttableawards
    I dont think many Laker fans were about to pick kobe for their mvp either. this season seemed destined to fail after all that took place. crazy turn of events

Quote Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
    At the young age of 23, Lebron is already putting up some better numbers than Michael Jordan.

Lebron averaging 7.4 assists and has averaged over 6 assists four years in a row. (MJ only surpassed that number once; indeed, over 6 assists only 3 times).

Lebron averaging 8.1 boards (MJ matched that only once. other than that, never over 7 boards.)

Lebron already averaging over 30 points for the second time, and is still very young. (MJ did it 8 times). I would expect Lebron to continue to do so as long as he is healthy.
    Numbers only go so far. 30 years from now he will never even be mentioned in the likes of Michael Jordan, Tim Duncan, Shaq, Kobe. LeBron will never get a ring with the Cavaliers, and if he resigns in 2009 with them, I think he will just be another Barkley/Malone when he retires.

Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    Numbers only go so far. 30 years from now he will never even be mentioned in the likes of Michael Jordan, Tim Duncan, Shaq, Kobe. LeBron will never get a ring with the Cavaliers, and if he resigns in 2009 with them, I think he will just be another Barkley/Malone when he retires.
    If Lebron keeps this up, 30 years from now he will be deemed the greatest SF of all time. What he is doing now, at his young age, is nothing short of amazing.

rank sentamentalist

This is disgusting.

What a show Chris Paul is putting on tonight against the Lakers. Really makes me think about him and the MVP, depending on where his team falls at the end of the year. If they beat the Lakers somehow, it has to be CP3. Kids unreal

World Champion WOOOO~!

Quote Originally Posted by RajonKGcelts
    What a show Chris Paul is putting on tonight against the Lakers. Really makes me think about him and the MVP, depending on where his team falls at the end of the year. If they beat the Lakers somehow, it has to be CP3. Kids unreal
    Against a depleted Lakers roster....

We played hard at first, but they obviously had too much talent out there for us to handle.

Yeah i noticed Gasol barely played, is he hurt? Anyone know the deal? he's on my keeper team

World Champion WOOOO~!

Quote Originally Posted by RajonKGcelts
    Yeah i noticed Gasol barely played, is he hurt? Anyone know the deal? he's on my keeper team
    He got injured within the first three minutes. We kept up until halftime, then virtually collapsed against their way superior offense. Kobe had a good game up until the last 4 minutes. Trying to get back in the game, he chucked a few shots.

Banned

If Lebron should win, Deshawn Stevenson, the Anti-Lebron, should be top 10 too

Default Kobe Mvp

These next 3 games against the Mavs, Rocks and Utah are vital to Kobe's MVP bid. If the Lakers go 2-1, I think Kobe is a lock for MVP.

3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Kobe Mvp

This is definitely Kobe's year for the MVP, regardless of comparing actual 'credentials'.... Paul and Lebron will have the next 10+ years to battle over the MVP, and Kobe's leading the best team in the best conference

kidachi
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: Kobe Mvp

what a refreshing thread..