Page 70 of 80 FirstFirst ... 206067686970717273 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1196
    Not airballing my layups anymore phazed out's Avatar

Default Re: Lebron James vs Kobe Bryant, in the season, in MVP talk, more

If KObe doesnt win the mvp this year, The NBA really holds a grude against him and he will never get one, which is really sad

Local High School Star hwliuLAP's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    In the past three games, the Cavs have beaten the Pistons and Raptors... one team with a top 2 record in the NBA and the other a top 5 team in the conference.

Raptors don't count.
    Bron has beaten some good teams tho, especially Boston and Pistons,but Lakers beat Suns in the regular season past year and didn't mean much.

I just can't see how Bron will win it this year, just the way the league votes and how it's been decided in the past. 40-31 just isn't gonna do it in the East
    With Boston at 55-14 KG still isn't considered the favorite. I remember Bron having a stretch back around All star break, I think it's before it where he was just unstoppable, he needs that performance again and the Wins to improve his chance.

Quote Originally Posted by AKADS
    I believe Kobe will win the MVP this year and he does desirve it. LeBron seems to always be top 3 but I want to see him do what Kobe has found a way to do this year and take his team to the top of the conference. Plus the fact Kobe doesn't have a MVP yet is only goin to fuel voters to give it to him he did what everyone said he would have to if he was goin to win a MVP. He has his teammates involved but takes over when its needed. Still playing excellent D and his passing is back to where it was when Shaq was around. I still think LeBron will end up with a better career in the long run but this is Kobes time.
    Hey glad to see you're still alive. :)

Local High School Star icemanfan's Avatar

my first official post since comming out of retirement. It is Kobe's year and I think when the votes are tallied it won't even be a close race.

Ice

Intelligent fan

This game would have helped his case so much but they lost. 36/14/8 with a big L.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe24
    This game would have helped his case so much but they lost. 36/14/8 with a big L.
    on 13/30 shooting. I like how you "forgot" to mention that stat.

Swap Kobe for LeBron and not only would the Lakers have won tonights game, they would have at least 10 more wins total for the season than their current record. Face it, Kobe is on the decline.

LeBron = 2008 MVP

Serious playground baller LakerDynasty00's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon

Swap Kobe for LeBron and not only would the Lakers have won tonights game, they would have at least 10 more wins total for the season than their current record. Face it, Kobe is on the decline.

LeBron = 2008 MVP
    I'm not going to say you're wrong, because there's obviously no realistic way to prove that theory, but I disagree. I'm still convinced Kobe's ability as a pure scorer trumps (or at least equals) Lebron's value to their teams (at this moment in time). So I don't think Lebron gets any more wins on LA than Kobe has.

However, I also believe that Lebron is at least almost equally deserving of the MVP this year as Kobe and Chris Paul are. I also think Lebron can be the greatest player of all time, far and away, if he has the drive. Between Kobe and Paul, I give it to whichever has the best record at the end of the season. If you give it to Lebron this year though, you do something controversial: Give a guy an MVP award on a team that didn't win 50 games (unless they go crazy the rest of the way), which apparently was why Kobe didn't win it two years ago. He's also playing in a weaker conference. I have no problem with any of that really, even if he doesn't win 50 games the Cavs still owe pretty much every success to LBJ's play. Second, his stats are mind-boggling. I just think that since the precedent of "50+ wins/best player on best team" has been set over the last 3 years, you ought to stick with that. So, its either Kobe or Paul, whomever wins more games takes it.

Also that "Realistic Laker Fan" thing doesn't seem too accurate from what I've been reading from you lately. One thing is to be objective, thoughtful, and a non-homer, its another thing to ONLY criticize, bash, and purposely ignore positives. I hope I've just been catching you on a bad streak, because its always nice to see actual "realistic Laker Fans" post.
    Last edited by LakerDynasty00; 03-24-2008 at 04:02 AM.

Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon

LeBron = 2008 MVP
    dude...soooo wrong. it was Kobe's 2nd half heroics which brought the Lakers back from a 23 pt deficit. He also shut down Baron Davis, who he was guarding most of the night. If DFish had played decent D on Ellis, the outcome would have been entirely different.
    Lebron would not have been able to do squat against either Ellis or Baron defensively (obviously). Lebron would not have made a difference and in fact, it could have been worse.

also, your "10 more wins" statement is just plain stupid. You have no basis for that statement.

so far, Kobe = MVP with CP3 a close second. KG and Lebron tied for distant 3rd.

Witness

Quote Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
    also, your "10 more wins" statement is just plain stupid. You have no basis for that statement.
    true

Lebron would not have been able to do squat against either Ellis or Baron defensively (obviously). Lebron would not have made a difference and in fact, it could have been worse.
    wtf dude? like you said, "you have no basis for that statement". anyway, i suppose bron may has something to say, given the fact that he has been the most clutchest player this season by far and he has shutdown/killed Kobe, obviously better than baron or ellis

Quote Originally Posted by The Chosen One
    wtf dude? like you said, "you have no basis for that statement". anyway, i suppose bron may has something to say, given the fact that he has been the most clutchest player this season by far and he has shutdown/killed Kobe, obviously better than baron or ellis
    Baron and Ellis are a lot smaller and quicker than Kobe is. They would be a very tough matchup for LeBron. LeBron doesn't have the lateral quickness Kobe has on defense right now.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chosen One
    Both Baron and Ellis are too quick for Lebron, imo, wayyy too quick. After all, Lebron is a 3. Lebron has become a decent defender, but he cannot guard quick PGs (nor should he have to).

Quote Originally Posted by KenneBell
    Baron and Ellis are a lot smaller and quicker than Kobe is. They would be a very tough matchup for LeBron. LeBron doesn't have the lateral quickness Kobe has on defense right now.
    that was exactly my point.
    Indeed, I found it interesting that Phil Jackson put Kobe on Baron (their PG) the entire game instead of on Ellis (their SG). Why? Because ELLIS is actually quicker than Baron. Kobe might have done a better job than DFish did on Ellis, but it would have exhausted Kobe.

Yup. Monte and Barbosa are probably the two quickest wing players in the league. Blinding speed.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Both Baron and Ellis are too quick for Lebron, imo, wayyy too quick. After all, Lebron is a 3. Lebron has become a decent defender, but he cannot guard quick PGs (nor should he have to).
    I take it you did not see the Cavs-Warriors game earlier this year in which Baron was beasting for three quarters, LeBron switched onto him in the fourth quarter and he did NOTHING. LeBron actually has a history of being good defensively against smaller, quick point guards. He is fast enough to stay in front of them and they have a very difficult time getting shots over him.

LeBron has locked down Baron a few times in his young career. That is the main reason that the Cavs have been so successful against the Warriors the past 2 seasons.

Good High School Starter

BTW Kobe is clearly on the decline. His jumper has been off all year because he's not getting the same lift/seperation anymore.It sucks too see but its true. I mean friggin Azubike(who?) was damn near blocking/heavily contesting his shot all night.