Page 76 of 80 FirstFirst ... 266673747576777879 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1196

Default Re: Lebron James vs Kobe Bryant, in the season, in MVP talk, more

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisConley
    would it be less sweet knowing that someone else might have deserved it more? if not, why not?
    A little. But there have been close MVP races before and this one is no different. I still say the media gives it to Kobe even if the Lakers don't finsh first in the West.

I'm still surprised the Lakers are as high as they are considering how depleted their team is right now.

Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

At this point, the voters can't go wrong with either CP3 or Kobe... no matter who has a better record.

If either one stinks it up the rest of the way, then that would make a difference. But otherwise, they are both worthy.

Good college starter Noob Saibot's Avatar

care to elaborate on that?

These statements are so easy to make but have no real value at all.
    what's not to elaborate bout LeBron as a Laker.

the current LeBron James at shooting guard along with Phil Jackson, plus Gasol, Bynum, Fisher, & Odom, would eat up all of the NBA! probably the best starting five the game. It would literally be the new Showtime in Los Angeles, but in reality you're watching a duplicated version of the Chicago Bulls minus Scottie Pippen.

Out of all the MVP candidates have any of them stepped up their game the last few weeks like Chris Paul has? I mean all his numbers have shot way up over the last 15-16 games. His #'s all season have been impressive as it has been noted by others the first 20+/10+ PG in 15 years and over the last month he is taking his play further. Don't get me wrong though Kobe has stepped up his game as well but not in a similar fashion. In the end that is what separates the two in my mind , Paul playing his best basketball in the games that count the most.

Quote Originally Posted by MMM
    Out of all the MVP candidates have any of them stepped up their game the last few weeks like Chris Paul has? I mean all his numbers have shot way up over the last 15-16 games. His #'s all season have been impressive as it has been noted by others the first 20+/10+ PG in 15 years and over the last month he is taking his play further. Don't get me wrong though Kobe has stepped up his game as well but not in a similar fashion. In the end that is what separates the two in my mind , Paul playing his best basketball in the games that count the most.
    Kobe's stepped up as much of his game as he could. He's had to shoot more, rebound more, and play tons of minutes jsut to keep the Lakers afloat.

Chris is obviously going off though. But imagine if he had both Chandler and West out?

Made that high school varsity squad Kappy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon
    I agree.

I rule the local playground

Do people even realize that the Lakers have only had Gasol for 19 games? Or that Bynum has been gone for 38+ games now? Yet the Lakers are only 1 game out of first place in the West. Kobe is averaging 29/6/6/2 and has been arguably the best defensive SG in the league this year....I think it's his year.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGSHOT
    Do people even realize that the Lakers have only had Gasol for 19 games? Or that Bynum has been gone for 38+ games now? Yet the Lakers are only 1 game out of first place in the West. Kobe is averaging 29/6/6/2 and has been arguably the best defensive SG in the league this year....I think it's his year.

Paul plays with NO ONE and is at the top of the WC with the same team from last year (never mind the fact that they were all injured!)

Quote Originally Posted by konex
    Paul plays with NO ONE and is at the top of the WC with the same team from last year (never mind the fact that they were all injured!)
    NO ONE?
    pretty sure David West was an all-star this year (has Odom EVER been an all-star). Peja is NOT a "no one" (if he is, what does that make Luke Walton?)
    Chandler is one of better rebounders in the west and a very solid defender.

they were all injured???
    West has missed 6 games
    Chandler has missed 3
    Peja has missed 5

by way of comparison to the other candidate:
    Bynum has missed 30+ games
    Mihm has missed 40+ games
    Ariza has missed 30+ games
    Gasol has missed 10+ games
    Last edited by bleedinpurpleTwo; 03-31-2008 at 10:46 PM.

Paul plays with NO ONE

No one? I hope you're joking. Peja is one of the greatest shooters ever and a former All-Star. Chandler is one of the best big man in the West. One of the top rebounders in the game and a fine defender. He also has 20/10 guy in David West. Pargo is very solid as is Bonzi. Come on now...And why are you bringing up injuries.What does not having any new additions have to do with him having a very solid supporting cast.

All things considered, Pau's cast was better than Kobe's this year.

People look at names and yes, in the big picture, the Lakers easily trump the Hornets with Pau and Bynum but those two haven't played that many games.
    In fact, the Lakers have played 20 games I think without both of them playing.
    And of course, they haven't played a game together yet.
    Other injuries have been minor I suppose, Ariza, Radmanovic, Mihm etc..not such a big deal..

I'm not saying that injuries aren't a part of a game and that I'm using them as some kind of an excuse but the Hornets have had a better roster this year simply because they were more healthy.

Not that it should matter though, who ends up with the better record wins the award, pretty simple for me. Just keeping it fair.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGSHOT
    No one? I hope you're joking. Peja is one of the greatest shooters ever and a former All-Star. Chandler is one of the best big man in the West. One of the top rebounders in the game and a fine defender. He also has 20/10 guy in David West. Pargo is very solid as is Bonzi. Come on now...And why are you bringing up injuries.What does not having any new additions have to do with him having a very solid supporting cast.
    I thought my sarcasm was apparent

ahh, dude, ya gotta use the rolling eyes for sarcasm.
    I wrote that whole freakin' epic response thinking you were serious.
    damn. Oh well, my bad.

Ooops,lol.