Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Default Being a choker is a problem... don't act like its not for Dirk Nowitzki

This guy cannot make a shot when his team needs it. He's proved it on several occasions including airballing a 3 this season for the win/tie. He will never be considered a great player (like Lebron/Kobe/Wade/Nash), as he is simply not clutch. The guy is simply a choker.

This should be considered when comparing players. Even though Dirk may average decent numbers, he cannot hit a shot in the last few minutes to save his life, so he should not be compared to the best players in the league.

I want to know your opinions, and especially -primetime's-. :)

Last edited by plowking; 03-10-2008 at 11:37 PM.

National High School Star

Default Re: Being a chocker is a problem... don't act like its not for Dirk Nowitzki

What's new?

Default Re: Being a choker is a problem... don't act like its not for Dirk Nowitzki

How dare you sully the good name of the Plow King [COLOR="White"](fu[COLOR="white"]c[/COLOR]k Mr. Plow)[/COLOR]

Banned

Default Re: Being a choker is a problem... don't act like its not for Dirk Nowitzki

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    This guy cannot make a shot when his team needs it. He's proved it on several occasions including airballing a 3 this season for the win/tie. He will never be considered a great player (like Lebron/Kobe/Wade/Nash), as he is simply not clutch. The guy is simply a choker.

This should be considered when comparing players. Even though Dirk may average decent numbers, he cannot hit a shot in the last few minutes to save his life, so he should not be compared to the best players in the league.

See, that game Dirk airballed a three, he played amazing in he 4th. And overtime for that matter. He was the only Mav to score in the last 7 mins of the 4th and also hit the last second game tying three. Though he played amazingly clutch, he did airball the last shot in overtime and that is all people remember from it. I knew that would happen I even made a post about it.

No matter what he does, he will never shed his choker image, because he chokes when it matters most.

Local High School Star LiL Stevie's Avatar

He's alright. Not as big a choker as people make him out to be. At least he's made clutch shots in the regular season and playoffs before as well as missed. He's no Kobe during the 4th quarter but he's not as bad as Nick Anderson, which is the level that many label him.

He has hit many shoots in the cluth. If you actully watch other teams, you will see that people makes and misses. Peja has airballed gamewinners, but he has also made made gamewinners with a hand in his face. Last night kobe bricked a 2pointer for the win. He choked, right? Please, go and watch some basketball.
    I also find it very funny how everybody is saying he is not that bad of a clutch player after watching one game against the Lakers. It's loses all credibility from me atleast

http://youtube.com/watch?v=sX1bUoMOs9k

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pDBsKXCIdiY&feature=related

http://youtube.com/watch?v=i3ZNoeCTP-4

http://youtube.com/watch?v=VsezSLdYcik&feature=related

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cLxOz1YbZC4&feature=related

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7tzDshj9Bqk&feature=related
    Last edited by Splash; 03-11-2008 at 12:36 AM.

College superstar

Dirk Nowitzki certainly has a reputation as being a choker, although I believe it has more to do with him disappearing in major playoff games than the idea that he misses last minute shots. For the latter claim I would have to see some sort of statistical analysis. For all I know it has been done in which case I would appreciate a cite. It would certainly be much more convincing than notoriously faulty memories or a small collection of youtube highlights.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Dirk isn't nearly the choker people make him out to be.

Kobe Bryant choked in the Finals.

Kobe Bryant choked in the first round AFTER having a 3-1 lead.

But I do think he is soft in the way he plays alot but unless your retarded or don't follow basketball that closely you can't say he doesn't hit clutch shots on a consistant basis.

I used to think he was a huge choker myself but I seen enough of him to know it's overblown.

Lakers 4 life. Kobe!

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakerpro
    Dirk isn't nearly the choker people make him out to be.

Kobe Bryant choked in the Finals.

Kobe Bryant choked in the first round AFTER having a 3-1 lead.

But I do think he is soft in the way he plays alot but unless your retarded or don't follow basketball that closely you can't say he doesn't hit clutch shots on a consistant basis.

I used to think he was a huge choker myself but I seen enough of him to know it's overblown.
    It goes on... Duncan couldn't do **** during the Kobe&Shaq, Lebron getting sweeped in the finals, Kobe screwing up the Lakers to a 4-1 defeat by Pistons. Choking is in everyone. Nobody is perfect.

Just saying...stop hating on Dirk.

Double post
    Last edited by dirkdiggler41; 03-11-2008 at 01:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stephanieg
    Dirk Nowitzki certainly has a reputation as being a choker, although I believe it has more to do with him disappearing in major playoff games than the idea that he misses last minute shots. For the latter claim I would have to see some sort of statistical analysis. For all I know it has been done in which case I would appreciate a cite. It would certainly be much more convincing than notoriously faulty memories or a small collection of youtube highlights.
    http://www.82games.com/random26.htm
    Best I could find. He does not show up in the first quarter, but in secend, third and fourth. Does not really show clucth, but it shows us that he does more in the secend half then the first half

Quote Originally Posted by dirkdiggler41
    http://www.82games.com/random26.htm
    Best I could find. He does not show up in the first quarter, but in secend, third and fourth. Does not really show clucth, but it shows us that he does more in the secend half then the first half
    Stats are overrated. And anyway if you look at a thread about 2-3 pages back you'll see merely that its a response to -primetime's- thread...

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Stats are overrated. And anyway if you look at a thread about 2-3 pages back you'll see merely that its a response to -primetime's- thread...
    You can respond IN THE THREAD instead of making a new one.

This thread is meaningless.

shhhhhhh

wow another dirks a choker thread... funny how these things pop up but the OP actually never has anything to back up the nonsense they post... just a bad game....

all players have bad games.
    I know that it's hard to belive, i'm really sorry to break your bubble... but dirks not the only one who misses shots... happens to the best of them, that's why nobody has ever shot 100% on the season

so until somebody can sign buddah to a long term contract we will never see perfection played by even the best of them...