Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Default Re: Any defender who uses this new tactic of putting a hand in the face of the shoote

Its definitely not new and it only seems to bug you Created Player. Are you one of those fans that just want every advantage for the offensive player because you don't find defense fun to watch?

& got a triple-double BTrujillo's Avatar

Default Re: Any defender who uses this new tactic of putting a hand in the face of the shoote

Everybody knows what you are talking about but nobody agrees that its a new or wack strategy...it's been around forever and just smart basketball. The shooter should be able to look past it...if they can't they should drive to the rim...this is why Battier is such a good defender...he uses all the tools/tricks that can be used

I'm a Kobe fan...but I'm surprised more people don't do it...it seems to be working

Default Re: Any defender who uses this new tactic of putting a hand in the face of the shooter...

Quote Originally Posted by Created Player
    ...as they elevate is wack (like what Battier is pretty much doing to Kobe on every shot).

This is pretty much the work defensive technique I've seen in 20 years. It's right up there with the elimination of the hand check.

So puss, IMO.

Please, what do you expect Battier to do? He's known as a defender, and you don't get that reputation unless you play smart defence, and one of the smarter ways to play defense is instead of trying to block a jumpshot (which is pretty damn difficult anyway), get in the player's vision. I see no reason why it would be 'puss', would you want Battier to deck Kobe on every jumpshot, or just let him shoot a wide-open one?

Yeah, I

It

[QUOTE=biisak]It

Default Re: Any defender who uses this new tactic of putting a hand in the face of the shooter...

I thought this thread was intended to be sarcastic but I was wrong.

Yeah, I

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime
    So? That's FIBA, not NBA. FIBA has a different lane, has used zone when the NBA didn't, Techs count as PF's, and allowed goaltending.
    Well there are similarities, like you know the idea to put the ball in the basket while giving 1, 2 or 3 pts. The Fouling. The not using your feet and stuff. I figured there could be others. Then again, in Europe we call traveling so I guess you

Quote Originally Posted by Created Player
    ...as they elevate is wack (like what Battier is pretty much doing to Kobe on every shot).

This is pretty much the work defensive technique I've seen in 20 years. It's right up there with the elimination of the hand check.

So puss, IMO.

a technique that you've seen in 20 years? is a new tactic? I'm confused

[QUOTE=biisak]Well there are similarities, like you know the idea to put the ball in the basket while giving 1, 2 or 3 pts. The Fouling. The not using your feet and stuff. I figured there could be others. Then again, in Europe we call traveling so I guess you

Yeah, I

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime
    My point was that just because there are differences in the rules doesn't mean one way of playing is the way the game is 'supposed' to be played, which was the comment to which I was responding.
    My point, which you missed, was that because there are a lot of similarities, perhaps the reason you dont see it so much is because it isnt allowed. Which I actually dont think it is. Then again, neither is traveling, lane violation and a lot of other rules that NBA refs dont enforce.

RP 4 lyfe

[QUOTE=biisak]It

I usually hit open layups determined2win's Avatar

this is perfect defensive tactic.. you blur their vision of the hoop battier is in a way protecting the hoop because hes causing kobe to miss his jumpers which means there wont be a made shot.. as long as its legit and it works whats all the commotion about? and did i forget to mention how hard it is to block a jumper than a layup?

Yeah, I

Quote Originally Posted by wTFaMonkey
    FIBA not equal to NBA

FAIL
    Great post.

Saw a basketball once TheReasonSF3's Avatar

someone should tell Battier not to put his hands up on d. that's whack...

Bowen does it too. Effective..