Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Certified ISHiot.

Default Re: Any defender who uses this new tactic of putting a hand in the face of the shoote

Quote Originally Posted by 20 Dimes A Game
    I do it.
    me too. i think most people who play basketball with any intelligence whatsoever have done it before.

Default Re: Any defender who uses this new tactic of putting a hand in the face of the shoote

You have to be a good defender to do it. You need to be close to him and be smart not to actully hit him on the head

have you never heard: "Get that hand up in his face"
    That does not mean you try to go after the ball

Default Re: Any defender who uses this new tactic of putting a hand in the face of the shooter...

This is textbook defense on how to defend a jump shot. Nothing new. Defense 101. Created Moron because he is no Player.

Decent college freshman BFRESH44's Avatar

Default Re: Any defender who uses this new tactic of putting a hand in the face of the shooter...

gobb lol.

NBA sixth man of the year

You must have never seen Reggie Miller play against Michael Jordan.

Edit: I use this tactic all the time in pick-up games and it works very well, especially when I'm guarding above the rim type of players that just out-jump me.
    Last edited by dnyk1337; 03-16-2008 at 06:16 PM.

Someone isn't looking forward to Battier becoming more than the anti Kobe :) Watch yourself Bron!

Seriously, stop this guy from posting.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Or Doug Christie play against just about anybody.

CP admitted he haven't played basketball right?

What a loser

Saw a basketball once

Battier for defensive player of the year! Scola for rookie of the year!

Without a question!!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Created Player
    ...as they elevate is wack (like what Battier is pretty much doing to Kobe on every shot).

This is pretty much the work defensive technique I've seen in 20 years. It's right up there with the elimination of the hand check.

So puss, IMO.
    Doug Christie and John Starks used to do this all the damn time to Jordan. I haven't seen many (if any) players use it recently, though.

Mind you, all the shooter has to do is create space better to neutralize it, but it's very effective at disrupting a shot. Fairly difficult to do at full speed sometimes, though.
    Last edited by Loki; 03-16-2008 at 06:23 PM.

College superstar

I hate this new tactic where players bounce the ball off the floor. They try to be all showy and flashy with it, trying to impress people. I think the kids call it "dribbling" or some such rubbish. Showboats, the whole lot of 'em!

Quote Originally Posted by stephanieg
    I hate this new tactic where players bounce the ball off the floor. They try to be all showy and flashy with it, trying to impress people. I think the kids call it "dribbling" or some such rubbish. Showboats, the whole lot of 'em!

Why is...those things? TheGrassIsGreen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Created Player
    ...as they elevate is wack (like what Battier is pretty much doing to Kobe on every shot).

This is pretty much the work defensive technique I've seen in 20 years. It's right up there with the elimination of the hand check.

So puss, IMO.

What the hell have you been paying attention to in 20 years? This technique is one of the most basic strategies-- in accordance to defense-- that has been taught to kids when they first learn to play organized ball. You're ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by stephanieg

Local High School Star strifed169's Avatar

probably the most moronic opinion i've heard to today, way to set the bar buddy