Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Any defender who uses this new tactic of putting a hand in the face of the shoote

Quote Originally Posted by AppleNader
    The reason why most people don't do it is because they CAN'T do it. It really is a difficult skill to pull off. Battier is just one of those incredibly solid defenders who's quick enough to stay so close to Kobe, and disciplined enough to avoid unneccessary contact. His timing to get his hand in Kobe's face is really impeccible.
    Exactly. I've done it, and I've had it done to me, but I don't do it habitually because it's very difficult to do without fouling. Never mind being able to stay close enough to do it effectively.

What I do do a LOT is stick my hand directly in front of guys' faces when they drive if I'm out of the play and have no chance of stopping them. Like, I'll literally ride their side and put my hand directly in front of their eyes as they go for the layup. Works quite well, and fortunately I've never hit anyone in the face.

Default Re: Any defender who uses this new tactic of putting a hand in the face of the shooter...

Bruise Bones and Ron Insane do it. Not as much as Battier did it today in a game.

NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Any defender who uses this new tactic of putting a hand in the face of the shoote

Well played my man.

stephanie g is a man?

I usually just make a loud yelping sound and hope the guy misses the lay up after blowing past me on D.

Default Re: Any defender who uses this new tactic of putting a hand in the face of the shooter...

Nah nah look guys its not in the "spirit" of the game. Wen ur defending a jump shot, put both arms behind ur back, then jump. If ur gonna block, u hav to block with ur head.

And also I agree with the guy who said pick-and-rolls should be banned coz it gives the offensive team an advantage. I mean, its so unreasonable to expect the defending team to "belly up" or "switch", coz come on, its so hard to do.

Seriously tho, wat the hell were both of them thinkin? I thought ppl who came here new at least a tiny bit about basketball. Why would they even think of posting if they know nothing about the topic?

Banned

That's not a new tactic idiot, it's existed since the game began. Even as a 5 year old on a park league team my coach taught me that ****

Banned

the defender is doing whatever to contest the shot
    plus he didn't even touch kobe
    so there is absolutely nothing wrong about that, great defense

Boxing out should also be banned coz its not fair on the attacking team

Posting up should be banned coz its not fair on the smaller players

Inbounding the ball should be banned coz its not fair on the attacking team coz they only have 4 on the court to the defending teams 5

Any other suggestions?

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by No_Look604
    p.s. What are peoples' opinions on yelling out something before someone goes up for a shot? I'm all for it, with moderation of course:P Usually do it when a guy's in close with an easy one.
    Actually a few years ago a couple of Blazer players got fined for doing just that during a game winner by a dallas player in a first round playoff series.

New tactic?

I was first taught this in 6th grade... almost 16 years ago...

Mars Blackmon Lives!

i really hope the op was kidding.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by dejordan
    i really hope the op was kidding.
    he's banned...lol

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    he's banned...lol
    createdplayer is pleezebelieve right?

Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by rezznor
    createdplayer is pleezebelieve right?
    yes sir

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blazerftc
    Actually a few years ago a couple of Blazer players got fined for doing just that during a game winner by a dallas player in a first round playoff series.
    Really? Woops. I've been a culprit of that for years in pick up games.