Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Default Re: Any defender who uses this new tactic of putting a hand in the face of the shooter...

biisak = pb = imsorryguys = created moron?

Would make sense. What idiot types what biisak does then say "I wish there were refs as posters on this board to tell me how much of a DUMBASS i am". Like really.

Next biisak is gonna tell us its illegal to pump fake. You cant fake a defender like you're going to shoot but really dont. You cant do that! Same way you cant slap the floor, dance and moon the guy about to shoot his FTs!!!

Unhappy Re: Any defender who uses this new tactic of putting a hand in the face of the shoote

Quote Originally Posted by XxNeXuSxX
    Okay, if there was any last doubt that PleezeBelieve was a troll, it has to be gone.

Why isn't he perma banned ?

PB is actually a decent poster. He is just misunderstood for his undying love, and devotion to Lebron James.

RIP Pleezebelieve ( 2006-2008)

Banned

Default Re: Any defender who uses this new tactic of putting a hand in the face of the shoote

Quote Originally Posted by BankShot
    I've never tried it to the extent that Battier displayed today, but my guess is that it takes a certain level of dexterity and reaction time to be able to place one's hand in there quick enough without fouling.
    It does, and this is exactly why more guys don't do it. For it to be truly effective, you also have to remain close enough to the shooter, which is not easy when a guy like Kobe is trying to put moves on you to free himself up.

In a way, it's actually easier to do against a guy like Kobe who has perfect shooting form than it is against guys who have awkward/incorrect shooting forms, because you always know that he's going to bring the ball straight up from his pocket and that his arms will be spaced in a certain way.

NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Any defender who uses this new tactic of putting a hand in the face of the shoote

Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    It does, and this is exactly why more guys don't do it. For it to be truly effective, you also have to remain close enough to the shooter, which is not easy when a guy like Kobe is trying to put moves on you to free himself up.

In a way, it's actually easier to do against a guy like Kobe who has perfect shooting form than it is against guys who have awkward/incorrect shooting forms, because you always know that he's going to bring the ball straight up from his pocket and that his arms will be spaced in a certain way.
    Yeah I'd imagine it'd be hard doing it against Shawn Marion. Although Marion releases the ball around his face anyway so that would be an automatic block.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    PB is actually a decent poster. He is just misunderstood for his undying love, and devotion to Lebron James.

RIP Pleezebelieve ( 2006-2008)
    Darius Miles is a good basketball player. Sorry you dont get props for what you could have become, moreso for what you became. Period.

Default Re: Any defender who uses this new tactic of putting a hand in the face of the shooter...

Kobe should just wear goggles vs. the Rockets next game. I've seen face-guarding but I've NEVER seen it to that extent in a game or while playing myself. I guess it'd be pretty frustrating especially when you're not getting any calls driving to the hoop lol

My high school coach mentioned that it's especially useful at cooling down jumpshooters who've caught fire. I've done it before, but I don't try to do it all the time. It's hard to do against experienced skilled players who know what they're doing. And sometimes people are skilled enough that they get a good enough look at the rim before you get your hand there, to drain the shot. Over all my years of playing, I've gotten one complaint about it - during a pickup game, from some dorky-looking idiot who was a complete ballhog and had no moves besides a spin followed with a jumpshot.

The fact that Battier could consistently keep up with someone as skilled at creating his own shot as Kobe Byrant is pretty amazing.

Edit - found a clip of it on youtube. Video quality is a little dodge but you can see it easily on the last 3 pointer Kobe put up.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hFOPJZhG28
    Battier simply has an excellent defensive basketball IQ.
    Last edited by 3stat2; 03-17-2008 at 11:00 AM.

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by 3stat2
    My high school coach mentioned that it's especially useful at cooling down jumpshooters who've caught fire. I've done it before, but I don't try to do it all the time. It's hard to do against experienced skilled players who know what they're doing. And sometimes people are skilled enough that they get a good enough look at the rim before you get your hand there, to drain the shot. Over all my years of playing, I've gotten one complaint about it - during a pickup game, from some dorky-looking idiot who was a complete ballhog and had no moves besides a spin followed with a jumpshot.

The fact that Battier could consistently keep up with someone as skilled at creating his own shot as Kobe Byrant is pretty amazing.

Edit - found a clip of it on youtube. Video quality is a little dodge but you can see it easily on the last 3 pointer Kobe put up.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hFOPJZhG28
    Battier simply has an excellent defensive basketball IQ.
    I had a similar complaint once playing with girls (it was the last time I ever played with them) It was pick up in college with guys from my team and girls from the girls team
    a girl was taking a shot and I ran at her with my hand extended and yelled out shot. She got mad cause I yelled like I was cheating or something. All the guys laughed and we kicked all the girls out of the game.

Dwight Howard for MVP Dwight_Howard12's Avatar

I do this too....

Quote Originally Posted by wizzla11
    I had a similar complaint once playing with girls (it was the last time I ever played with them) It was pick up in college with guys from my team and girls from the girls team
    a girl was taking a shot and I ran at her with my hand extended and yelled out shot. She got mad cause I yelled like I was cheating or something. All the guys laughed and we kicked all the girls out of the game.
    She should have hit you in the face with the ball. Completely legal, but just as bush league.

So, after all the sh!t Created Player has posted over the last few months, this is what got him banned? WTF?!?

Karl Malone's bastard TMac&Luther's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vert48
    So, after all the sh!t Created Player has posted over the last few months, this is what got him banned? WTF?!?
    Did he really get banned?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

I like LeBron, so its good to remove people that make LeBron fans look bad.

Retired ISH Legend

Crazy thing is...Battier does this EVERYtime he guards Kobe. It just happened to "work" a little better in this particular game. For a guy as talented as Kobe, a hand in the face wont even matter if he gets hot. Like those other games where Kobe dropped 50 on the Rockets. He did it with Battier's hand literally 1 inch from his face. Shane is an incredible defender, and that makes Kobe's offense that much more impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by RIMMER
    Crazy thing is...Battier does this EVERYtime he guards Kobe. It just happened to "work" a little better in this particular game. For a guy as talented as Kobe, a hand in the face wont even matter if he gets hot. Like those other games where Kobe dropped 50 on the Rockets. He did it with Battier's hand literally 1 inch from his face. Shane is an incredible defender, and that makes Kobe's offense that much more impressive.
    All kobe needed to do was not fade away on a few of those and Battier would have fouled him. So, start out with a few fade aways to get Battier extending further, then go straight up or even forward and battier hits him in the face and gets called for it. People used to do this to Karl Malone, so he started kicking his foot out.