Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Default Re: Stephen Curry = filthy

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    His ball handling and decision making aint great. If he was a PG and it was his natural position he would be playing in the ACC today. Not at Davidson.
    What's ACC??

Quote Originally Posted by jamal99
    What's ACC??
    To answer you question, it is the Atlantic Coast Conference. It is one of the top 7 College basketball conferences in America. The A10, Pac10, Big10, Big12, SEC, and the Big East.

Stephen is coming back, i think it may end up hurting him.. if he went out now, hed be a late 1st rounder and would get a guarenteed contract, but if he waits and his stock goes down he might be a 2nd rounder, which is not guarenteed... maybe he just likes college life? who knows

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by baseketball4life
    Stephen is coming back, i think it may end up hurting him.. if he went out now, hed be a late 1st rounder and would get a guarenteed contract, but if he waits and his stock goes down he might be a 2nd rounder, which is not guarenteed... maybe he just likes college life? who knows
    it's most definitely not going to hurt him. The ones who get hurt by staying are the ones who are initially percieved to be good all-around players but another year exposes that they aren't great at what they do. Think Julius Hodge.

Noone thinks Curry is an all-around player. He has the advantage of not needing money. He is a very smart kid, he thinks he can learn to play PG, and he has a shot that isn't going to disappear next year.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by baseketball4life
    Once he hits the draft camps his weaknesses will shine. He'll prove to be not strong enough, not have the ball handling skills, and just overall not being ready. It'll only hurt because Davidson is barely even a midmajor but end of the day it'll be a better move for him to stay in college.

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    Once he hits the draft camps his weaknesses will shine. He'll prove to be not strong enough, not have the ball handling skills, and just overall not being ready. It'll only hurt because Davidson is barely even a midmajor but end of the day it'll be a better move for him to stay in college.
    shooters always find a way on to a team. just like hustle guys. if you can make open 3s you'll be on a team.thats all he needs to do

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

He disappointed me a good bit in the 2nd half against Kansas. I know he's a born shooter, and I know he's got the green-light to shoot whenever he touches it, but I can remember at least 4 or 5 threes he jacked up that were just plain dumb.

Made that high school varsity squad DwadeOverLebron's Avatar

stephon curry= filthy

stephon currys mom= beautifyingly ridiculously filthy

i love her

Quote Originally Posted by Posterize246
    shooters always find a way on to a team. just like hustle guys. if you can make open 3s you'll be on a team.thats all he needs to do
    There's plenty of shooters out there. Same with hustle players. Hell I'll hustle out there. Give me a few weeks and my jumpshot will be as wet as anyone, but has to be more than just that. Dee Brown was twice the player Curry is and he can't make it to the league. Gerry McNamara can shoot it but no one has heard from him either.

did i read that right? dee brown twice the player as curry? ummm... how so? does he have a better jumpshot? is he a better passer? is he better off the ball? defense is the only area where i can say ok dee got curry there, but curry is a excellent off the ball defender due to his great instincts and bball iq. nba is in his dna, the game looks easy to him cuz... it is!

ca mon dee brown is not twice the player as curry, please take that back.

i love stephon currys mom

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DwadeOverLebron
    did i read that right? dee brown twice the player as curry? ummm... how so? does he have a better jumpshot? is he a better passer? is he better off the ball? defense is the only area where i can say ok dee got curry there, but curry is a excellent off the ball defender due to his great instincts and bball iq. nba is in his dna, the game looks easy to him cuz... it is!

people are seriously starting to overrate him, i even remember someone on espn saying he'd be a lotto pick next year.

the guy shoots a lot and that's about it. that davidson team won because of their defense, at the same time curry and richard were their only offensive options, the rest of the guys looked like they were scared to shoot.

Dee Brown was a great college player, with deron williams on te team he was still the number one option.

Quote Originally Posted by DwadeOverLebron

Dee moved very well off the ball. He was a better passer too. A lot better. Curry's jump shot is the only thing he had over Dee and Dee was a fine shooter himself. Luke Dee, Curry doesn't create his own offense all that effectively. And Dee was an even greater off-ball/on-ball defender..Curry couldn't touch Dee in defense.

i dunno from what i saw he was creating ALOT of offense vs a not good but grrreat defensive squad in gtown, and then did it again vs not a good but another great defensive team in kansas, i believe he shot well over .495% but not only was he shooting good, when his shots wasn't going in he took it to the hole and either got fouled or made a difficult shot in a high percentage area, and if that wasn't there he drew the double team created a passing lane and made the pass, or the pass that created the assisted pass, he played brilliantly and it was a joy to watch him and his beautifull mother cheering

as far as dee? i like dee, and i wish him the best but he WAS NOT the #1 option on that illini team, CUZ there wasn't a #1 option in that offense... AND thats what made them so great, they had 5 #1 options, deron delivered the ball to who ever was feeling it, and they were extremely balanced and that was a HUGE part of there success, it was deron, one half, and than dee the other, than powell taken in it up with the trees and luther head flying out of no where for a crazy dunk and if he missed augustine was there to clean up... i loved that team! but sorry dee doesn't compare to curry... let alone being twice the player. NO WAY!

im glad currys staying, since richardson is leaving (who by the way played at barrington high school which had a very good ball club might i add) so he's gonna take over the pg spot and i believe he's gonna flourish, the kids listed at 6'3 great bball iq great body control i really think he's gonna prove alot of doubters wrong and have another great year. Do I think he's worthy of a lottery pick? not in this years class no way, but who knows what stores ahead of him in the future? I can't wait to see what other chapters he adds to his story... i love his mom

Banned

Dee Brown twice the player? Oh my goodness...
    I'll give you he was a better ballhandler, quicker, passer...nothing else will I concede though.
    Curry is very, very smart, he knows his ballhandling isn't that great, he uses timing, hesitations, jabs, and fakes to get around. And it works very well. He comes off screens and moves without the ball extremely well and can get his shot off on anyone. Sure he's skinny and not overly athletic and not the best ballhandler, but his quickness and ballhandling aren't shabby. Give him another year, the kid is so smart, he'll be quite good at ball handling and far more ready to play the point next year.
    Twice the player? gimme a break
    ps
    he likes turtles
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=NSMHTMs5fZE

no way is dee brown twice the player stephen is. i am not even a big believer in curry, but dee brown has nothing on this kid. i can't find a better comparison for him than jannero pargo. if he can turn out like pargo is turning out then i would consider him to be a success in the L. future scoring fiend off the bench who can shoot from anywhere on the court. he'll be a solid rotational player at the next level in my opinion.