Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer? johndeeregreen's Avatar

Default Re: NDEs...(Near Death Experiences)

Quote Originally Posted by -primetime-
    I'm starting to come around on SuperBoy myself...

he is just trying to get his word out.....nothing wrong with that
    It is when you try to force it on people.

-primetime-
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by HardTattooedThug
    Honestly primetime, the human brain is capable of pretty incredible things, that is why I do believe some people can be psycic, predict the furure, see what exists elsewhere........

The fact that in most of these examples everyone is related explains it even further. You are (genetically) very similar to your immediate relatives. The powerful human brain is capable of so much, you gotta realize just how complex and potent a human brain is. During its last hurrah, who knows what is happening to the receptors? Making commections with or about other family members is a lot more plausable than an afterlife.
    so in other words you do not believe in an after life and that when people flat-line the brain turns into a magical machine that can take you into other rooms and listen to what people are saying as well as predict the future???

I don't buy it...

I am sure there are thousands of cases of people that just had crazy dreams or whatever and thought what they saw was the after life but it wasn't...

I am also sure that the people I posted are telling the truth and that they didn't just go through some process of the brain shutting down...the brain may be amazingly powerful beyond what I know but the one thing it can't do scientifically speaking is predict the future or go into other rooms while your body is laying there dead....that is not science, that is something else.

I feel sorry for the fact that you believe this life on earth is all we have...I used to believe that was a possibility as well until I watched those....and it is a crappy feeling....I hope that one day you are able to believe there is more than this like myself, because living your life believing that this is all we have is VERY depressing...
    Last edited by -primetime-; 03-22-2008 at 06:03 PM.

-primetime-

Quote Originally Posted by Psileas
    One of the best cases for NDE's (maybe not for the skeptics or scientists, but for NDEers themselves) is the numerous testimonies of people who claim they saw important future personal events, all of which would come to be true. Yes, you could make a "lucky guess" for a couple of things (although I don't know the degree in which a NDEer's brain is able to do that), but some events are too hard to predict. As an example, there was a NDE'er who saw that she'd be married 3 times, that her second husband would abuse her, that she'd bear 13 children and that 3 of them would be born dead. You tell me what are the possibilities to make all these guesses correctly, whichever drug your brain receives.

Science can't work based on personal testimonies (let alone the testimonies of NDE'ers, themselves, which are based on completely personal stuff), but this doesn't falsify them in any way.
    Exactly...

Science an not prove they are not real...

and science and can not prove that "Brain Synapses" theory either....because it is just a "THEORY"...

I doubt many of you at all watched all of those videos that i posted...I urge you to watch them because IMO those are stories that can not be explained by science...and if you do watch them all it will give you a sense of hope, like it has for me...
    Last edited by -primetime-; 03-22-2008 at 06:04 PM.

Decent playground baller HardTattooedThug's Avatar

It's not depressing, it's a relief. Not to mention the turth. I think there is definately life on planets in other galaxies, and since the universe is theoretically endless the possibilities are infinate.........

however, there is no connection bewteen any of this and a deceased human being. Once you are gone you are gone.

The problem is you are looking at it from a self-centered point of view, by saying that this is "all we have". Understand that life, the world, the universe will all go on long after you and I are gone. That is not depressing at all. Just becasue you and I won't be able to see it after we die doesn't mean its not there.

I can understand you being unsure after seeing those vidoes, but they are only one tiny bit of information that could explain the possibility of an afterlife. You are going on and on about how improbable it would be for the videos to be a result of brain reactions yet make no effort to acknowledge any explanation of how an afterlife could actually work, either scientifically or logically.
    Last edited by HardTattooedThug; 03-22-2008 at 06:07 PM.

-primetime-

It's not depressing, it's a relief. Not to mention the turth. I think there is definately life on planets in other galaxies, and since the universe is theoretically endless the possibilities are infinate..........
    there is no way you can be 100% sure of that...

to say that you are 100% sure that there is no life after death is just as ignorant as a someone from any religion saying they are 100% they know who God is...

The problem is you are looking at it from a self-centered point of view, by saying that this is "all we have". Understand that life, the world, the universe will all go on long after you and I are gone. That is not depressing at all. Just becasue you and I won't be able to see it after we die doesn't mean its not there..
    How the hell is that not depressing....you will believe that you will disappear and NEVER exist to see anything again....EVER....and you say that is not depressing????

I can understand you being unsure after seeing those vidoes, but they are only one tiny bit of information that could explain the possibility of an afterlife. You are going on and on about how improbable it would be for the videos to be a result of brain reactions yet make no effort to acknowledge any explanation of how an afterlife could actually work, either scientifically or logically.
    you are right, I can not do that....no one can that is alive on this planet....you just have to have faith I guess....and let me tell you that after watching those videos that faith is not a "blind faith"....I am not blindly believing in some story here....i am believing based on what I have heard and the information I was given from those people...and if I am wrong then I have nothing to lose...

If you want to talk Science then I will tell you about something else that science can't explain....and that is how we exist at all....i watch the science channel all the time...I saw a special of this scientist who believed in a higher power due to one thing...

and that one thing is this:

Science and math can explain everything in the universe...everything adds up numbers wise and it all make sense except for one thing....once they go all the way back to when the "big bang" happened the numbers do not add up anymore, the math is broken....no one can explain what caused the big bang, it makes no sense.....and no one can explain why we exist or how anything at all exists...and that is the biggest piece of the puzzle

Dude, this is probably staged.

They are all in like the same show, they probably all got selected for being good actors, and they all did this.

-primetime-

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor K
    Dude, this is probably staged.

They are all in like the same show, they probably all got selected for being good actors, and they all did this.
    they are all from totally different places dude....did you watch them all???

i seriously doubt that the one where the guy's face is melted off is an actor

and I will go ahead and sterio type old ladies as not being liars...

why would they go out of thier way to lie about this???...they have nothing to gain....all they are trying to do is tell thier story

and there are literally thousands just like them dude....this is just a small sample of people who have flat-lined and been brought back...

-primetime-

another pretty good one...

this guy had two of them, one at age 9, and one at age 49

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWPuR...eature=related

-primetime-

bump for others asking about it...

How Stuff works - Near Death Experiences

http://science.howstuffworks.com/sci...experience.htm

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    How Stuff works - Near Death Experiences

http://science.howstuffworks.com/sci...experience.htm
    this is a decent write up actually...no one knows how NDEs work...(and they say exactly that)

for those that think it can be dismissed as brain activity, they just have no idea how complex the situation is

reasons to believe that they are not a product of the brain:

-they take you out of your body, to rooms and places where your body is not located
    -blind people can see for the first time, their brain had nothing to work with for it to be dreamed.
    -and the numero uno reason, THEY HAVE BEEN SHOWN TO HAPPEN WITHOUT ANY BRAIN WAVES!!!...meaning, it is impossible they were a product of the brain.

Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
    this is a decent write up actually...no one knows how NDEs work...(and they say exactly that)

for those that think it can be dismissed as brain activity, they just have no idea how complex the situation is

reasons to believe that they are not a product of the brain:

-they take you out of your body, to rooms and places where your body is not located
    -blind people can see for the first time, their brain had nothing to work with for it to be dreamed.
    -and the numero uno reason, THEY HAVE BEEN SHOWN TO HAPPEN WITHOUT ANY BRAIN WAVES!!!...meaning, it is impossible they were a product of the brain.
    Fascinating shit. They also seem to occur universally regardless of a person's belief of what happens in the afterlife or even if there is an afterlife. Kind of comforting really.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    Fascinating shit. They also seem to occur universally regardless of a person's belief of what happens in the afterlife or even if there is an afterlife. Kind of comforting really.
    yes, if they are a "brain trip" it is really quite an amazing coincidence that the thousands of people that report them are all having the same exact dreams...

-worm hole tunnel
    -overwhelming love
    -remembering that this place is where they started, and that Earth is really the "dream"
    -given a life review
    -meet dead loved ones
    -shown the past/future etc
    -etc

some people at the University of Michigan killed some rats and saw their brain activity go nuts...that isn't anything new at all

There have been NDEs on humans where the brain waves were recorded and the brain waves were also non-existent

If it was just a brain trip then why does everyone have the exact same "dream"?

that study says nothing we didn't know and nothing about NDEs in general