Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Very good NBA starter ConanRulesNBC's Avatar

Default Re: JR Smith is as talented as Kobe Bryant.

Another stupid move by Paxson was giving JR Smith up for no one. Imagine if the Hornets would have kept him and still got Tyson Chandler...

C: Tyson Chandler
    PF: David West
    SF: Peja
    SG: JR Smith
    PG: Chris Paul

Quote Originally Posted by trig
    JR can dunk, can shoot long 3's but he doesn't have a good midrange game. This is what separates the superstars to ordinary guards.

JR has a ton of moves but its not how many you can do but knowing when to do it is what important. That is where your basketball IQ comes in. He can probably do everything that kobe can do, but can he do it in-game?

This is why a lot of players imitate MJ but only a few came close. He always seem to make the right decisions on the floor.
    I fully agree with you. All I'm saying is that JR has amazing talent and at 22, he's quickly getting better and better.

A lot of people say he doesn't have a good midrange game. I've watched just about every Nuggets game this year and very rarely does he shot midrange shots so I don't really think anyone can make a fair assessment. Plus, on a team with Melo and AI, we really don't need him to shoot jump shots.

Either way, people constantly call him a streaky shooter but I just don't see how a streaky shooter can shoot well over 40% from 3-point land for over 2 months straight with over 50% in some games.

Quote Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
    Another stupid move by Paxson was giving JR Smith up for no one. Imagine if the Hornets would have kept him and still got Tyson Chandler...

C: Tyson Chandler
    PF: David West
    SF: Peja
    SG: JR Smith
    PG: Chris Paul
    CP3 would have 20 assists a game. NO would be one of the best 3 point shooting teams in the league.

definately as talented as kobe has athleticism, shoots the ball well similiar stats to kobe when kobe was his age. difference though.

jr smith is a complete idiot.

Lakers 4 life. Kobe!

So I think he can build up skill-sets in a matter of times too, right???

National High School Star KRAYZIE's Avatar

JR scored 25 of Denvers 32 points in the 4th quarter tonight to really help the team win and he is also shooting 49% from the 3-pt line in March.
    9-15/ 7-12 3-pt/ 27 points in 21 minutes
    Man he had a helluva 4th quarter!

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by jo3y91
    definately as talented as kobe has athleticism, shoots the ball well similiar stats to kobe when kobe was his age. difference though.

jr smith is a complete idiot.
    Can he shoot over double teams, can he pump fake and then get his shoot over anybody, can he create off the dribble, can he score with the back to the basket, can he finish with a variety of move in traffic, can he score over the other team best perimeter defender with help form their teammates every time. Can he score when the other team defense is set up to stop you, can he create from other as well as for him self, can he make or create for other in the clutch, can he play defense, can he lead a team, can he attracts double team to free other team mates.

I think is not only he is an idiot but he is a one dimensional player, his game is by far ready to be the focal point of the team, and that have nothing to do with his mind and more with his talent.

JR Smith is sick as **** too bad Karl hates him... Warriors would gladly take him... if he got 35 minutes a game hed average 25 ppg

Decent playground baller

The title of this thread made my eyes bleed.

JR Smith is a rich man's Gerald Green. He can't create for himself and he scores because defenses know he's not a game-changer, unlike AI and Melo.

As for the Kobe comparison... I don't even know what to say to that.

JR has a ton of upside, but he seems to always be in Karls doghouse.

Plus, JR is the 3rd option on the Nuggets. Teams are trying to stop AI and Melo, which means JR should be able to get his at will.

NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by el_locoteee
    Denver have 2 Allstar and a future HOF, the DPOY and a guy as talented as Kobe but they can't make the playoff.
    why can we? what happened?

i remember his McDonalds All American showing, he was signed with UNC... but he had such a great showing scouts told him to come out and he did

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by NugzFan
    why can we? what happened?
    Yes you got a change, and now more with Dirk injury but we probably know better once you face them in the next 2 games.

Well congratulations on the most attention grabbing topic title this week, if not the most truthful one.

Quote Originally Posted by el_locoteee
    Can he shoot over double teams, can he pump fake and then get his shoot over anybody, can he create off the dribble, can he score with the back to the basket, can he finish with a variety of move in traffic, can he score over the other team best perimeter defender with help form their teammates every time. Can he score when the other team defense is set up to stop you, can he create from other as well as for him self, can he make or create for other in the clutch, can he play defense, can he lead a team, can he attracts double team to free other team mates.

I think is not only he is an idiot but he is a one dimensional player, his game is by far ready to be the focal point of the team, and that have nothing to do with his mind and more with his talent.
    Could Kobe do all this at age 22 on a regular basis? I think my topic is being a little misinterpreted. I'm not saying JR is playing like Kobe of right now (prime Kobe). I'm saying, the way he is playing, it is clear he has talent that some day can rival itself on par with Kobe. Will this happen? Probably not. Matter of fact, I would be willing to bet there is a 1 in 100 chance that it happens. However, the kid can easily be an all-star. You can't teach talent, you can only bring it out from a person. Under GK, JR will never mature properly unless he does it on his own (along with help from AI of course).

Basically, all I'm saying is that this kid can be something special. There is a limit to everyones' potential. Right now, I'd say Ginobili for example is maxed out on potential. He is as great as he will ever possibly be. Manu will never have the talent and finesse to do things that Kobe, Jordan, and Lebron can do. But he is still a hell of a player. JR on the other hand, he has got the athleticism, the fearlessness, the ability to be great. It just hasn't fully been developed or molded. He reminds me of a young Kobe Bryant when he gets hot and it seems like nothing can stop him.