Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

Default Re: Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread

Quote Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
    How's the driving guys? Heard that the E-brake is pretty much useless and you have to take turns slowly.
    you need serious skills to use the e brake properly. the brakes sucks... just like what gobb said you seem to skid and always hit the car(/or w/e) infornt of you

multi player is the shyt!

Quote Originally Posted by T.O.RAPS
    With the red ringed, yall ever heard of the towel trick? That if it gets a red ring you wrap in up in a towel, turn it on, and leave the 360 on for sure an hour and it gets real hot then let it cool this supposivly fixes it. I havent ever tried it. *knock on wood
    its a temp fix. I tried it and it worked for 1-2 weeks and the red rings came back. Just call and send it back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w4OnKCX6Nc

High School Varsity 6th Man grimreaper1377's Avatar

Are there any differences between 360 and PS3 version? I'm gonna buy it for 360 soon...

SPOIL highlight below

[COLOR="White"]What would happen if you dont kill Vlad? Just let him live or you gotta off him?[/COLOR]
    Last edited by Cannonball; 05-03-2008 at 02:34 PM.

High School Starter otmtheshank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    multi player is the shyt!
    I wish I could freaking play it online for the ps3, but I'm still having tons of problems. I tried Turf Wars and a couple races for the 360 version at a friend's house, and now I'm regretting getting a ps3. Pretty ironic that I bought a ps3 to avoid hardware issues(or atleast it had a part in me buying a ps3 instead of 360), and then this problem comes up.

I guess the single player is good enough though. I've played the game for a good 7-8 hours, and I've only completed 12%.

9.77% completed thus far. So far my missions have been basic. The kind that gets you familiar with how to shoot, throw etc etc. Which is cool because you need to know that shyt playing multi player hahaa

got 20+% of the game done in around 11 hours of playing.

for those having driving problems, just hop into a hummer and run everyone/thing over.

tip for ppl who wanna drive better just don't accelerate when turning corners this may be hard to get used to for those who have a life

I find the driving extremely easy

22% complete

I am shocked that so many of you think that driving is bad in this game. Ok let me re-phrase that a little, you guys need to get used to it before you start appreciating how genius Rockstar have become as a gaming company.

Do any of you played Gran Turismo before? If you have you'd know there is a learning curve, but that learning curve will make you an exceptional driver. The mechanics ARE real life, the accidents you get into look so real etc.

I had trouble braking but that's only because I was so used to previous GTA titles where I just run over cars, in this game the emphasis is on GOOD driving...you can't really speed like a maniac anymore, and I actually perfected the brakes already. I just roamed around the city for like the first 5 hours or so, I'm at about 5% complete. The game is really good, I'm not yet sure if it has a greater entertainment value then San Andreas though...there are a lot of things that are omitted from this game that I loved in SA (like going to the gym). Maybe I simply haven't found them yet, I visited strip clubs, bowling, billiards so far...bowling is pretty addictive.

Anyways, the driving I love it...I know most of you hate it, but I am a much better driver now because of these mechanics. I rarely crash into cars or anything anymore...I am a much more realistic driver, you guys will get used to the driving though...and eventually will appreciate it.

Niko is ALREADY my favorite character in the GTA, guy is such a likable character...and his humor is endless. I'm psyched to getting back to playing this game full time after the playoffs are over.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ~LA's fine$t~
    I am shocked that so many of you think that driving is bad in this game. Ok let me re-phrase that a little, you guys need to get used to it before you start appreciating how genius Rockstar have become as a gaming company.

Do any of you played Gran Turismo before? If you have you'd know there is a learning curve, but that learning curve will make you an exceptional driver. The mechanics ARE real life, the accidents you get into look so real etc.

I had trouble braking but that's only because I was so used to previous GTA titles where I just run over cars, in this game the emphasis is on GOOD driving...you can't really speed like a maniac anymore, and I actually perfected the brakes already. I just roamed around the city for like the first 5 hours or so, I'm at about 5% complete. The game is really good, I'm not yet sure if it has a greater entertainment value then San Andreas though...there are a lot of things that are omitted from this game that I loved in SA (like going to the gym). Maybe I simply haven't found them yet, I visited strip clubs, bowling, billiards so far...bowling is pretty addictive.

Anyways, the driving I love it...I know most of you hate it, but I am a much better driver now because of these mechanics. I rarely crash into cars or anything anymore...I am a much more realistic driver, you guys will get used to the driving though...and eventually will appreciate it.

Niko is ALREADY my favorite character in the GTA, guy is such a likable character...and his humor is endless. I'm psyched to getting back to playing this game full time after the playoffs are over.
    x2
    i got the driving down after like 15mins

i got the game last night and i'm 25% done.

LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

anyone wanna get a gang together for some online play?

I have a couple friends and a couple guys from work. A couple more for an 8 man gang would be DANDY.

Skywalker, I will as soon as I purchase Xbox live. I don't even have a gametag yet, since I have never played online before. But definitely, I'll join your gang if you still have room for me.