Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Very good NBA starter

Default Re: OT: 8'5" man gets a custom-built chevy

I feel so sorry for all those people man. I heard that he had some surgery and that they touched some growing gland or something, it ****ed up and he is still growing or so. It's very unfortunate.

Dunking on everybody in the park darabzarrabi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    I think the 8'5" listing is highly exaggerated I do not think he will towered over taller athletes like Sun Ming Ming and Yao Ming. The Guinness Book of World record has loss it's credibility since he was over billed at 8'5" without being measured in front of the crowds using an advance version of the Stadiometer.

It's like the old WWF billing in which the Guinness Book of World Record listed Andre the Giant at 7'3" despite being measured at 6'11" in the 1970's.

He does not even towered over Yao Ming in this photo comparison, and i think his Guinness Book of Word Record measurement is very questionable because their is no way in hell that this guy is even 8 ft. tall.

I'll be generous and say he is 7'8" max in a good day, but Definitely not over 8 feet tall.

6-10 Hakeem Olajuwon, 7-5 Yao Ming, 7'6 3/4" Leonid Stadnyk, and a 5 ft tall Ukrainian Lady.
    Not really sure how 2 different pictures is proof that he isnt 8'6....I could put a picture of me next to Yao Ming and look as tall as Yao too...

Quote Originally Posted by darabzarrabi
    Not really sure how 2 different pictures is proof that he isnt 8'6....I could put a picture of me next to Yao Ming and look as tall as Yao too...
    Other evidence which state that Stadnyk is not the World's tallest human being.

Just look at the Height Chart it compared 6"10" Hakeem Olajuwon to a 7-5 Yao Ming, and the line was drawn on top of the head of Leonyd Stadnyk, who is being generously listed at 8'5" in the Guinness Book of World Record.

If you look at his shoes it looks like it's also very suspicious. You put legit 7 footers like Andrew Bynum and Shaq wearing those type of footwear, and they would at leasts look like 7-4 in the Munster shoes.

It was his mother Olednyk Standyk that reportedly measured him at 8'5", and the Guinness Book of World Record take it like a grain of salt without even verifying if he was indeed measured by their Public Officials.

http://www.artukraine.com/histgallery/tall7photo.htm

Ukrainian President 5'11"- 6'0" Victor Yuchenko, and Leonyd Stadnyk.

If he is 8'5" the Ukrainian president is at least 6'11", which is a big BS considering he was listed at 181 cms in their website.

Yao Ming 7'5", and 6'1" Steve Nash- This is how a legit 7'5" will look like if you compared him to a person that was reportedly measured at 6'1" during the 1996 NBA Pre Draft Camp.

He looked very good in the predraft camps, other than measuring in at only 6'1" instead of the claimed 6'3".
    http://www.ibiblio.org/craig/draft/1.../draft/22.html

Steve Nash, 6'1" ( 1996 NBA Pre Draft Measurement)

I do not think Stadnyk will towered over Yao Ming even if they meet in person because it has been proven that his height listing is fabricated by the media, so that they can find a way to break the record of that Bao, who is still regarded as the World's Tallest Man in Asia.

Leonyd Stadnyk and his 5-10 doctor Jim Sperber. Tell me if this guy is a legit 8 footer because the margin of difference is not that big if you compared it to the height discrepancy Yao Ming and Suns PG Steve Nash.

http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister...le_1758065.php

Bao of Mongolia is still the worlds tallest man in my Opinion, and Leonid Stadnyk listing is a major hoax like some teens believing in the story of Godzilla, Kingkong, The Flying Dutchman, Nessie and Big Foot because Ripley's Believe It or Not listed them as actual beings in their record book.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1811
    Last edited by Lebron23; 03-29-2008 at 05:20 PM.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Manute for Ever!
    Thanks man.

VC can estimate a mans height down to a nanometer by viewing a photo. I actually like reading his posts, he puts a lot of thought into them (I may not always agree, but respect the effort), but he is a li'l obsessive about peoples heights.
    I'm actually not that good at guessing heights to the exact number. I just use the pre-draft measurements. I can pretty much guess to the inch but if I put down the exact number for example like 6'5.5" and 6-6 3/4" chances are I just got that from a pre-draft measurement.

Here is Shaq who measured 7'1" at the 1992 pre-draft camp without shoes and has said he is 7'3" in shoes. Here is Tim Duncan who is said to be about 6'10" and change.

Even though Shaq gets about an inch advantage from footwear(Shaq wears size 22) you can still see Duncan looks about 6'9" and change max. I am estimating that because a normal persons forehead is about 4" and Shaq has a bigger head than most people obviously so he has closer to 5" on Duncan especially when you consider he is leaning a bit. It's pretty simple to estimate someones height but nobody can actually guess to the exact 1/4 inch on a consistent basis. Honestly if I just knew Shaq was measured at 7'1" and he had an inch advantage in footwear and didn't know what Duncan's height was I'd guess Duncan more like 6'9.5" but because I know he is atleast 6'10" if I was captioning those pictures I'd put Duncan at 6-10ish instead of the height he looks in the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by VCMVP1551
    I'm actually not that good at guessing heights to the exact number. I just use the pre-draft measurements. I can pretty much guess to the inch but if I put down the exact number for example like 6'5.5" and 6-6 3/4" chances are I just got that from a pre-draft measurement.

Here is Shaq who measured 7'1" at the 1992 pre-draft camp without shoes and has said he is 7'3" in shoes. Here is Tim Duncan who is said to be about 6'10" and change.

Even though Shaq gets about an inch advantage from footwear(Shaq wears size 22) you can still see Duncan looks about 6'9" and change max. I am estimating that because a normal persons forehead is about 4" and Shaq has a bigger head than most people obviously so he has closer to 5" on Duncan especially when you consider he is leaning a bit. It's pretty simple to estimate someones height but nobody can actually guess to the exact 1/4 inch on a consistent basis. Honestly if I just knew Shaq was measured at 7'1" and he had an inch advantage in footwear and didn't know what Duncan's height was I'd guess Duncan more like 6'9.5" but because I know he is atleast 6'10" if I was captioning those pictures I'd put Duncan at 6-10ish instead of the height he looks in the picture.

The Guinness Book of World Record is like the NBA height listing. They listed Dwight Howard being 6-11 although he is barely 6-9 without his sneakers, and he look considerably shorter compared to taller guys like Kevin Garnett, Samuel Dalembert, who are both listed at 6-11 in NBA.com

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    The Guinness Book of World Record is like the NBA height listing. They listed Dwight Howard being 6-11 although he is barely 6-9 without his sneakers, and he look considerably shorter compared to taller guys like Kevin Garnett, Samuel Dalembert, who are both listed at 6-11 in NBA.com
    Yeah although we both know Kevin Garnett is closer to 7'0" without his shoes. He claimed to be 6-11 3/4" in an interview with Craig Sager at the 2007 all star game and he looks it.

KG has a good 4" on Big Baby although Big baby has about 80 pounds on KG.

Garnett is the same height as 6-11 3/4 Michael Olowokandi

KG has more than 4" on 6'7.5" Wally Sczerbiak

Lets GO PENS!

LeBron23 owned this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannonball
    [COLOR=Gray]LeBron23 owned this thread.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Teal]lol that's true. I don't think that man's 8'5" either but he does look taller than 7'5" for sure.[/COLOR]

Why isn't this posted in the off topic section? There is a reason why it exists.

Decent college freshman supersmashbros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOAT:MANU
    wow, he's really 8,5??? so are tall are those girls ??????????????
    6'5?????????
    lol those folks all have to be at least that height to make his 8,5" claim believable. but they aren't. and there has been enough photos of him with ppl of known height to prove that his real height is about the same as Muresan or Bol at 7,7". he's 7,7" which is very tall but still not the tallest. in conclusion, 8,5" is a 10" exaggeration.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

I wonder if my chev is made in Russia

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper
    I wonder if my chev is made in Russia
    Who knows but what's obvious is that he's definitely 8,5". He's definitely not the only giant who has exaggerated their height by such a large margin. A hoax. Fraud. End of story.

Quote Originally Posted by sbw19
    [COLOR=Teal]lol that's true. I don't think that man's 8'5" either but he does look taller than 7'5" for sure.[/COLOR]
    His estimated height can vary from anything from 7,5-7,8" but definitely not 8 feet. He's a huge man that's for sure but there's actually an Ukrainian dude that's taller him.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaDs5RcH8kM
    Honestly Stadnik isn't taller than that guy
    Last edited by supersmashbros; 01-23-2009 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by supersmashbros
    His estimated height can vary from anything from 7,5-7,8" but definitely not 8 feet. He's a huge man that's for sure but there's actually an Ukrainian dude that's taller him.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaDs5RcH8kM
    Honestly Stadnik isn't taller that guy
    What's with Ukraine having so many giants? Is that where most of them in myths came from?

Stern should invite him to All Star weekend this year and compare him to a group of players. I would have Nate Robinson(5'9"), Wade(6'4"), LeBron(6'8"), Amare (6'10"), Shaq(7'1") and Yao Ming(7'6") stand by him and it would give us a great comparison of how tall he really is. The truth than would be evident.