Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Learning to shoot layups macatak911's Avatar

Default Re: Round 1, Hornets @ Mavericks game 3, Fri 8pm ET

Quote Originally Posted by kentatm
    ohh now its the touch fouls that were getting called wrong? take off your green glasses.

the Mavs werent getting into the penalty B/C NO DOES NOT GO TO THE HOOP ENOUGH.

jesus. im done with you and your thick skull.
    Every other game between Dallas and NOLA this season Dallas has had 20+ fouls.

And I've said from the beginning of my posting no touch fouls were called on dallas yet they were called on nola

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by kentatm

hypocrite baby. you just owned yourself.
    How????The refs called a fair gm.They couldn't stop him.I also remember(I think it was gm4) where josh howard said he couldn't shoot and he destroyed him with jumpers.

Washed up streetballer ACCBaller1403's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juju151111
    LMAFAO Dwade was wayyy too fast thats all.Watch the tapes on youtube.They just couldn't keep up with him.He was agressive and they were falling him.D-wade was CP3 but taller so he could just finish way easier.They had a 2-0 lead.Wat the refs just decided after gm2 "the heats are losing alot lets make them win the series.Also back then dirk didn't take it to the basket alot and he improved that after that season.People critized him for that.Yep refs just magically decide to make them win after two wins by dallas and almost winning gm3.
    You're kidding me right? You really want to bring Youtube into this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lX_qMS9bRY
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuukM...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fydht...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZKGl...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y8nI...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aySGU...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZyD3...eature=related

I'm not going to get in a ref discussion about the Mavs/Heat because then I'd be doing exactly what you're doing...crying about the refs. I will say that the evidence is there, though.

Banned

Horrible officiated game in favor of the Mavs. This is the one game that they're supposed to win. I see the Hornets bouncing back, and taking this series in 5.

And what the hell was with Ericka Dampier? Pushed Paul around, but when Chandler got in his face he didn't do shit.

Who cares if he is a role player?/When he drived they were hacking him.Simple i don't give a crap.Just because he doesn't flop and fall like dirk means he didn't get foul?
    Same reason Roger Mason gets no calls in the Wizards series when he's getting hammered. The refs are notorious for star bias. Seriously, if you're upset over a no-call on Pargo and that's why you think they lost the game, you're more dense than I thought. Maybe West shooting crap from the field was why they lost. I guess the refs made him miss open J's all night too?

Just for the record, I wouldn't be surprised if the Mavs lose in 6 because it looks like their window is closing. They're still a good team though and have never gotten respect. I actually think Chris Paul is the MVP and the best PG in the NBA and have watched the Hornets all season. I don't care if the Mavs lose, but I just find it funny that the hypocrisy in this thread isn't getting called out by anyone.

WTH i am saying it was a fair series.U just agreed with me.LOL
    o my bad, well then that statement goes to whoever u were talkin to.

Nice win by the mavs.

That was the 06 Mavs for a little bit there.

Terry is really the key to the team and needs to start over Stack. I think Terry has gotten a major free pass for his play this year - hopefully he continues with the standard he set 2nite.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by ACCBaller1403
    You're kidding me right? You really want to bring Youtube into this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lX_qMS9bRY
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuukM...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fydht...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZKGl...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y8nI...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aySGU...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZyD3...eature=related

I'm not going to get in a ref discussion about the Mavs/Heat because then I'd be doing exactly what you're doing...crying about the refs. I will say that the evidence is there, though.
    Ok let LMAO u show me 7 vids like he only took that many FTs.Ok let me look through it.The first vid shows a flop.The 2nd vid shows a clear foul caused by his agressiveness and he got cantact.(If u watch the nba now they always call that foul.)3rd vid He smacked his hand i think.I can tell from that choppy vid but u could see why the refs would think he fouled him.4th vid was a clear bad call.5th vid dirk bumed himLook at dirk left hand reaching.Last vid makes no sense.Thats just a gm of kobe not getting any calls.

Additional Note:

Why do people still whine about refs on this board?

Is it b/c of all these new people? I assume so since I am still seeing "who was better Malone or Barkley?" threads.

Very good NBA starter

Same reason Roger Mason gets no calls in the Wizards series when he's getting hammered. The refs are notorious for star bias. Seriously, if you're upset over a no-call on Pargo and that's why you think they lost the game, you're more dense than I thought. Maybe West shooting crap from the field was why they lost. I guess the refs made him miss open J's all night too?
    Go back two pages and u would see thats the main reason i put for them losing.west never misses that much wide open shots.

Ok let LMAO u show me 7 vids like he only took that many FTs.Ok let me look through it.The first vid shows a flop.The 2nd vid shows a clear foul caused by his agressiveness and he got cantact.(If u watch the nba now they always call that foul.)3rd vid He smacked his hand i think.I can tell from that choppy vid but u could see why the refs would think he fouled him.4th vid was a clear bad call.5th vid dirk bumed himLook at dirk left hand reaching.Last vid makes no sense.Thats just a gm of kobe not getting any calls.
    Yeah my fault on that last vid...I thought I pasted another one. Anyways, like I said, just some evidence. Point is, any team that whines about the refs ends up getting roasted like the Mavs did that season. Look at the Kings when they lost to the Lakers. Look at the Wizards when they lost to the Cavs 2 years ago.

Everyone cries about the refs but rarely if ever do the refs really have so much control over the game where a couple open shots made wouldn't cover that. Again, if DWest had hit some more of his wide open jumpers and not gone 6-20, the Hornets could've pulled out the victory. I would think the Hornets locker room is probably kicking themselves over missing those opportunities than blaming the refs. Fans need something to cling to though, I guess. Kblaze had a great post a while back on how little effect the refs actually have on games. I'll see if I can dig it up, but it really opened my eyes on the whole ref subject.

I find it hilarious how Dirk balls in NO and everyone says "I don't care what his stats are, he's a pansy and they lost". Then he balls and they get the win at home and all I see is "the Mavs are in trouble and Dirk only had 19 boards because the Hornets didn't get good position...they won't win because they're all pansies." He gets 0 props no matter what he does. He's having a terrific series and the hate is insane.
    Was he supposed to get props for taking 11 shots in game 2? Seriously, we all know Dirk can score. He's built a career out of scoring the ball. It's how he plays that gets criticized, and it's legit. When a team leader and franchise player takes 11 shots in a game when his team is down, he's going to take heat.

Oh, and when did anybody say Dirk had a bad game? You say the hate is insane. Aside from calling Dirk soft (which he is), where is the hate? He's a perimeter oriented 7 footer who lives by the jumpshot. Tonight, he scored 32 with over 50% shooting. Where is the hate you speak of? If a pu$$y scored 32, does that make him less of a pu$$y? No. Does that mean nobody can bring up how often Dirk hits the floor on weak contact? Is that hate? Get real.

The main difference between the two previous games and this game was different defensive adjustments and Jet showed up to play. Dirk's been doing his thing all series and noone recognizes or cares to recognize.
    What are you talking about? Go back and look at the threads if they are still around. There was so much Dirk praise in the first two game threads.

And about Dirk falling on the jumpshot...I have seen Lebron, Wade, Nash, Melo, Ginobli, Parker, and Kobe pull the same move. Call it a flop because it is, but don't act like Dirk is the only one in the NBA that does it.
    I haven't seen any of those players fall like Dirk falls. They may swing their bodies to get the refs attention (which is still a b!tch move), but Dirk fell BACKWARDS on his ass and slide a couple feet like he was shoved, and he got hit on the forearm. He's flopped all series long, from TC's push, to all night tonight. I've never seen a player of his size that falls after contact the way he does. Never.

Very good NBA starter

Yeah my fault on that last vid...I thought I pasted another one. Anyways, like I said, just some evidence. Point is, any team that whines about the refs ends up getting roasted like the Mavs did that season. Look at the Kings when they lost to the Lakers. Look at the Wizards when they lost to the Cavs 2 years ago.

Everyone cries about the refs but rarely if ever do the refs really have so much control over the game where a couple open shots made wouldn't cover that. Again, if DWest had hit some more of his wide open jumpers and not gone 6-20, the Hornets could've pulled out the victory. I would think the Hornets locker room is probably kicking themselves over missing those opportunities than blaming the refs. Fans need something to cling to though, I guess. Kblaze had a great post a while back on how little effect the refs actually have on games. I'll see if I can dig it up, but it really opened my eyes on the whole ref subject.
    Trust me refs can decide a gm.I have seen it alott.Sometimes u can't blame them because they are just human and can't see everything, but don't tell me refs don't decide gms.i have seen alot of calls on replays that showed otherwise.the thing is they don't get replays which we do.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by NY Comeback
    Horrible officiated game in favor of the Mavs. This is the one game that they're supposed to win. I see the Hornets bouncing back, and taking this series in 5.

And what the hell was with Ericka Dampier? Pushed Paul around, but when Chandler got in his face he didn't do shit.
    Chandler didnt do **** either.

Damp didnt back up. Chandler did. Where's your point again?