Page 122 of 153 FirstFirst ... 2272112119120121122123124125132 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 2288
    NBA rookie of the year IlliniFan's Avatar

Default Re: Illinois basketball fans

I don't think Beal is even considering us anymore. If not Florida, it's probably going to be Kansas. I remember when he picked Florida we weren't even really mentioned. As far as the mystery guest, my guess is Gary Harris.

Decent college freshman TheGame414's Avatar

I don't know where he heard it, but as long as we're throwing out wild guesses a buddy of mine told me today he heard it's a 2013 kid, Devin Davis from Indiana, who I know little about but apparently has an Illinois offer.

I don't know why Sturdy thinks Illinois fans would be super-excited about that considering he's a sophomore and fellow sophomores Jabari Parker and Tommy Hamilton will already be in the building, but if that's the case, cool, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Munson
    For some reason I feel pretty strongly that Beal will stay committed to Florida. I wouldn't mind the mystery player to turn out to be Ben McLemore. He seems pretty set on going to KU though.
    I wouldn't mind it being McLemore but I don't know how much we'd need him considering we already have Henry in this class, not to mention (probably) Richmond/Head/Paul/Richardson still here when he arrives. I know McLemore is considered the slightly better of the two but with Henry being the better shooter and the athleticism we already have on the wings, I prefer Henry.

That's why Chasson Randle remains such a high priority: we have plenty of swingmen, so if we add another perimeter player in this class it's going to be someone with point guard skills. Neither Abrams or Randle are pure point guards but they can each handle the spot, especially if they have each other to share it with.

Then again, if McLemore said he wanted to come, I doubt he'd be turned down. But in the unlikely event he doesn't pick Kansas, I think he goes to Mizzou.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGame414
    I wouldn't mind it being McLemore but I don't know how much we'd need him considering we already have Henry in this class, not to mention (probably) Richmond/Head/Paul/Richardson still here when he arrives. I know McLemore is considered the slightly better of the two but with Henry being the better shooter and the athleticism we already have on the wings, I prefer Henry.

That's why Chasson Randle remains such a high priority: we have plenty of swingmen, so if we add another perimeter player in this class it's going to be someone with point guard skills. Neither Abrams or Randle are pure point guards but they can each handle the spot, especially if they have each other to share it with.

Then again, if McLemore said he wanted to come, I doubt he'd be turned down. But in the unlikely event he doesn't pick Kansas, I think he goes to Mizzou.
    Yeah, I agree with that logic. I'm kind of biased, though. Anytime we have a chance at a guy from STL I want to get them. Especially when it's a stud like McLemore. Hell, I wanted us to take B.J. Young, even though there was pretty much no chance at all he would get into school.

Oh yeah, and what a win today. It's been a long, long time since I've seen an Illini team look that good. Can't wait to get Hawthorne back.

I picked up the Lindy's preseason magazine today. Lindy's has always been my favorite for a few reasons and if I only buy one, it's usually it. They certainly have a favorable opinion of the Illini, ranking us No. 9.

Our backcourt is ranked 5th and our frontcourt 7th, with McCamey, Richardson, Davis and Tisdale all ranked in the top 20 at their respective positions.

(I love the poster, it's my screensaver, but it's stretching the screen so I had to take it down. Sorry.)
    Last edited by TheGame414; 10-25-2010 at 10:15 PM.

Went to the orange and blue scrimmage this afternoon....Jereme Richmond was the best player on the floor. He just does everything.

I don't even like Illinois, but damn that is an awesome picture!

Quote Originally Posted by Maize'N'Blue
    I don't even like Illinois, but damn that is an awesome picture!
    It is, but it unfortunately was too big. Here's a link to the wallpapers, because it's the coolest Illinois basketball poster since the "History in the Making" poster for the '04-'05 season.

Mike Shaw is set to make his college announcement on Thursday. According to multiple sources, Illinois is the choice.

Here's hoping that's true.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGame414
    Mike Shaw is set to make his college announcement on Thursday. According to multiple sources, Illinois is the choice.

Here's hoping that's true.
    I'll believe it when I hear it from Shaw. This recruitment has gone on forever it seems.

We're just used to guys committing early in recent years. Shaw's recruitment has been pretty normal, really.

Chasson Randle just committed to Stanford. Have to think the guard depth at Illinois played a major role in that decision. Oh well. Hopefully we get good news tomorrow from Shaw, as power forward is a much bigger position of need for us.

Paul Klee hinted that Randle more or less saw the writing on the wall when he visited and saw how well DJ, BP3 and Crandall were playing. Good luck to the kid, he's a total class act.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

McCamey made an appearance on...Judge Mathis