Page 131 of 153 FirstFirst ... 3181121128129130131132133134141 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 2288
    Saw a basketball once plaulfeme's Avatar

Default Dope

Hello All.
    I the beginner.It is assured to you it purposefulness be well-mannered,different Pic
    blair brown what tell?

Default You?

Hello.
    I the opening once upon a time here.You saw,mod Blog
    bethany lott what think?

Default Assistants

Hi.
    I the opening point here.It is assured to you it will be well-mannered,smirch Video
    aurora jolie how to you?

Default Help

Hey bro.
    I am overjoyed that was registered here.If it is provocative to you,new Pictures
    becky herbst what think?

Default You?

Hi bro.
    I on the first period here.It is assured you yet did not foretell,news Video
    becky delossantos what think?

Default Re: Illinois basketball fans

Quote Originally Posted by bootsy
    This season can still be a success but that depends on the 2nd act. What does this team do in the tournament. If they win a couple of games and get to the Sweet 16 I consider that a success. That was most Illini fans expectations before the start of this season is either winning a tourney game or getting the 2nd weekend. That goal is still possible.
    It is still possible, and if those were your expectations, why are you calling for Weber's head? It seems like we are right on track for that. Of course, we could lose in the Tourney or maybe not make the tourney... but I dunno. I don't see that as changing this season much. No doubt, the tourney is what people remember, but if we hit our stride or end up facing a team like BYU in the 2nd round and beating them... is that really a success? I mean, it's something to talk about, but it doesn't make our team any better.

Lastly, I want to comment on something I forgot to say. People say that our Big Ten record isn't good anymore, but what people forget is that the Big Ten is now one of the strongest conferences. Just something to remember...

-Smak

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    It is still possible, and if those were your expectations, why are you calling for Weber's head? It seems like we are right on track for that. Of course, we could lose in the Tourney or maybe not make the tourney... but I dunno. I don't see that as changing this season much. No doubt, the tourney is what people remember, but if we hit our stride or end up facing a team like BYU in the 2nd round and beating them... is that really a success? I mean, it's something to talk about, but it doesn't make our team any better.

Lastly, I want to comment on something I forgot to say. People say that our Big Ten record isn't good anymore, but what people forget is that the Big Ten is now one of the strongest conferences. Just something to remember...

-Smak
    I am calling for Weber's head because this team was supposed to be in contention for the Big 10 title, a top 25 team and instead has reverted to previous seasons. I think I have explained this about 850 times. Winning a game or two in the tourney isn't going to erase what happened during the season. This team shouldn't be in the position it is right now.

Bulls | Bears | W. Sox ballinhun8's Avatar

I hope those wins against UNC and Gonzaga affect their resume.

I'm not sure they've had marquee wins like that non-conference in the past few seasons. Granted at the time I don't think neither Gonzaga or UNC were ranked but they still count as W's.

Quote Originally Posted by ballinhun8
    I hope those wins against UNC and Gonzaga affect their resume.

I'm not sure they've had marquee wins like that non-conference in the past few seasons. Granted at the time I don't think neither Gonzaga or UNC were ranked but they still count as W's.
    Don't forget Northern Colorado and Oakland as well. Both won their reg season and conference tourneys. Those aren't marquee wins but wins over tourney teams.

NBA rookie of the year IlliniFan's Avatar

On a somewhat unrelated note, who else is really enjoying Indiana finishing at the bottom of the Big 10 year after year?

Quote Originally Posted by IlliniFan
    On a somewhat unrelated note, who else is really enjoying Indiana finishing at the bottom of the Big 10 year after year?
    Always. Someone posted they have finished in last in football and basketball for the last 2 or 3 seasons I believe.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Wait til next year, Cody Zeller, recruits, CTC's not actually an awful coach!

Nah... lol. Indy is cool w/ me now. They beat us, so we can't revel in their failure. haha...

I'm cool with every big ten team right now. We have a lot of coaches that I like now. For awhile, it seemed like we had a bunch of douchebags but now it seems like we cleaned it up. Kinda wish Lav would have come to the big ten, but I think it's cool that he's doing his thing in the Big East.

I think we should beat Michigan even though they are pretty good. I really think we got a chance to push it and do something worthwhile. I wish I could talk to the Illini players... someone needs to light a fire under their ass.

Bruce seems that he's so annoyed with these team that he's just like "whatever." Everyone on the team is going hard now except McCamey... that is crazy. Hopefully last game was a sign that he's back on track...

-Smak

How Do U Like Me Mfer?

Let's go Michigan.

Quote Originally Posted by Gundress
    Let's go Michigan.
    Our team is full of scary ass hos... as soon as we lose momentum people start getting scared to shoot and start cracking. We played great D, we dominated the boards (even if we didn't get more rebs, we had plenty of fouls on rebs and tip outs where we got the ball back), dominated inside... and we just suddenly stop scoring.

This is what pisses me off about McCamey... he'll shoot all game. He'll even shoot you out of the game, but when it gets into crunch time he's scared to pull it. That shot Hardaway took was not a good shot... but he was open enough to pull it and he made it. McCamey doesn't.

We just keep backing the ball out and passing it back and forth... it's really pathetic because we played such a great game. We haven't lost yet, but I've seen enough to know I am disappointed no matter what.

-Smak