Page 139 of 153 FirstFirst ... 3989129136137138139140141142149 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 2288
    NBA rookie of the year IlliniFan's Avatar

Default Re: Illinois basketball fans

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    Our interior defense is still terrible. But Brandon Paul is a ****ing stud.
    Our defense was NOT the problem this game. Not even close. Our interior defense wasn't bad at all actually. If we played any semblance of good offense we would have won going away.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IlliniFan
    Our defense was NOT the problem this game. Not even close. Our interior defense wasn't bad at all actually. If we played any semblance of good offense we would have won going away.
    As decent as Nicholson is, he was able to get any position he wanted inside and make Leonard look like a non-factor (which he was).

Correct, offense was the bigger problem since we turned it over every other play.Also launching 31 threes is retarded.

As decent as Nicholson is, he was able to get any position he wanted inside and make Leonard look like a non-factor (which he was).

Correct, offense was the bigger problem since we turned it over every other play.Also launching 31 threes is retarded.
    on that last play where dude traveled, I was like LEONARD, DON'T LET HIM SPIN BASELINE. And he didn't. Cuz I knew dude was gonna do that.

Leonard made some stupid stupid plays inside on defense, but he had that hook shot to help us win. And yeah Brandon was killing all game. Missed some shots, but he set up people with some nice looks. Loving his passing game. Wish he would have made some more FTs and maybe not jacked that three near the end, but we got it back.

As we all know, BP is my favorite player he just goes hard.

-Smak

I almost wish we don't get ranked. It's a Weber patent for the last few years.. Get ranked... lose (or in this case, almost lose) to a nobody team.

Sixers|Eagles|Phillies StateProperty's Avatar

not that he'll make it, but Mike Tisdale is in Sixers camp

Made that high school varsity squad DwadeOverLebron's Avatar

i've been sayin it since his days at warren kid can ball BP3, reminds me a lot of kendall gill

Bulls | Bears | W. Sox ballinhun8's Avatar

I almost wish we don't get ranked. It's a Weber patent for the last few years.. Get ranked... lose (or in this case, almost lose) to a nobody team.

Kind of like the football team. Thank god the Illini fans are a faithful one that travel wells. They didn't deserve a bowl game.

Quote Originally Posted by StateProperty
    not that he'll make it, but Mike Tisdale is in Sixers camp
    You shut your dirty mouth. Tisdale >>> Hawes

lol, didn't like the way it was looking so I turned it off. Checked my phone and saw that Purdue was up like 53 to 31. I was like WTTTTTFFFF.

We need some counter plays for zone coverage on Leonard.

I think I'm just gonna delete that game from my dvr.

-Smak

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Want Weber gone and anyone that has a reason to keep this clown better have a damn good excuse. He doesn't have a clue how to coach offense.One player brings it up the court stops just when he gets past the halfcourt line continues to dribble while looking for someone to pass it to. He pass it to the next player who is 25 feet away from the basket. Ridiculous and it sucks.

The object is to score, in order to do that you either need to get as close to the basket as possible or get as open as you can. Neither of that can happen in this offense. Weber has the talent but continues to under utilize it. Different players, same coach, same result.

My reason is he's a good coach. haha.

I see what you mean, though, our players are too rigid. It has to be because of Bruce. It's like let them play. Let them make a mistake. Dude is over there looking like an angry father every time someone tries to improvise a bit. That's why we start that shit where we bring the ball up and people ball deny us. And the guy with the ball is like WE HAVE TO RUN THE PLAY AT ALL COSTS. And by the time we get into our offense, we can't get a good shot.

Our team is built like an NBA team. And by that I don't mean they are all going to the NBA, but I mean that we could benefit from more NBA-like sets at times. Let BP Iso, Give Meyers a clear out with a shooter feeding him the ball on the weak side.

An offense like the motion offense IMO should be ingrained in every basketball players minds so that they understand the fundamentals of it and are always looking to space and cut, but I think we need more isolation and pick and roll style plays. Not many people can stop BP from getting to the rim 1v1 and not many bigs can guard Meyers 1v1.

Abrams needs space to run and our other guys like Bertrand are looking great, too. DJ is a catch and shoot player, ok. Same with Griffey, but those guys can catch and shoot any time. I don't think running an offense that caters to catch and shoot players and finishers (which is basically the motion) is good for us.

This year and next year we need to air it out a bit. But yeah bruce is a great coach. A coach is a lot more than just X and Os. He's a good mentor to the kids and I think he allows them to build mental toughness. But the problem is that he overcoaches for my liking. But if I was a coach I'd be doing it more like Phil... if the guys wanna go out there and not listen to what I say, let them and let them get owned. Benching people is horrible, especially in college. No one in the world can come back from being benched and not be affected. That's like saying, "You were doing so badly that we couldn't even have you on the floor." It's like wut?

-Smak

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    My reason is he's a good coach. haha.

I see what you mean, though, our players are too rigid. It has to be because of Bruce. It's like let them play. Let them make a mistake. Dude is over there looking like an angry father every time someone tries to improvise a bit. That's why we start that shit where we bring the ball up and people ball deny us. And the guy with the ball is like WE HAVE TO RUN THE PLAY AT ALL COSTS. And by the time we get into our offense, we can't get a good shot.

Our team is built like an NBA team. And by that I don't mean they are all going to the NBA, but I mean that we could benefit from more NBA-like sets at times. Let BP Iso, Give Meyers a clear out with a shooter feeding him the ball on the weak side.

An offense like the motion offense IMO should be ingrained in every basketball players minds so that they understand the fundamentals of it and are always looking to space and cut, but I think we need more isolation and pick and roll style plays. Not many people can stop BP from getting to the rim 1v1 and not many bigs can guard Meyers 1v1.

Abrams needs space to run and our other guys like Bertrand are looking great, too. DJ is a catch and shoot player, ok. Same with Griffey, but those guys can catch and shoot any time. I don't think running an offense that caters to catch and shoot players and finishers (which is basically the motion) is good for us.

This year and next year we need to air it out a bit. But yeah bruce is a great coach. A coach is a lot more than just X and Os. He's a good mentor to the kids and I think he allows them to build mental toughness. But the problem is that he overcoaches for my liking. But if I was a coach I'd be doing it more like Phil... if the guys wanna go out there and not listen to what I say, let them and let them get owned. Benching people is horrible, especially in college. No one in the world can come back from being benched and not be affected. That's like saying, "You were doing so badly that we couldn't even have you on the floor." It's like wut?

-Smak
    Good post, I agree with much of what you said, but the bench can sometimes be used as a motivational tool. If a player is just doing whatever he wants on the court, not following the coach's directions, and he gets to stay on the floor, the coach loses all credibility to the rest of his players. Why should they continue to work hard if this other guy is doing his own thing and is facing no repercussions? This isn't the NBA where the guys on the bench don't care because they're getting paid. These guys want to play basketball.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IlliniFan
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...ers_nba_010412

Is that how you really feel Eric Gordon? Is it?

Poor Eric. It's ok, everyone's made to look like a big hypocrite at least one time in their life.

(Only say this cause I've put the entire situation behind me and enjoy him as a player)