Page 73 of 153 FirstFirst ... 23637071727374757683123 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 2288
    Decent college freshman TheGame414's Avatar

Default Re: Illinois Fan Thread.

I'm sure I've posted this before, but even if so...I'm posting it again.

Frank Williams, Part I

Part II

My all-time favorite.

NBA Superstar

Would Illinois have won the national title in 2005 if Frank Williams replaced Deron Williams?

Local High School Star YAH trick YAH's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by i seen hippos
    Would Illinois have won the national title in 2005 if Frank Williams replaced Deron Williams?
    Maybe. Frank in college>>Deron in college
    Frank in the NBA<<<Deron in the NBA

Deron was still a beast though. If Frank had just brough it all together in the NBA. Wow he would be a great player.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGame414
    I'm sure I've posted this before, but even if so...I'm posting it again.

Frank Williams, Part I

Part II

My all-time favorite.
    Heres a pretty good one to. Some parts are choppy though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtDHQ...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by i seen hippos
    No. We would've been a little worse, actually, and that isn't to say that Deron necessarily was a better college player than Frank. I can't really put one ahead of the other; they were both All-Americans and the best player in the conference at their peak.

Frank wasn't as good of a shooter or passer/floor general as Deron.

Frank was a better penetrator, all-around scorer (at the college level) because of his ability to get to the line, his midrange game and his ability to create shots out of nowhere.

And yeah, if he had the same drive as Deron, he'd be a good NBA point guard. He was starting to play well his second year when he got his first real shot at extended playing time with the Knicks, and then shortly thereafter they traded for Marbury and his PT disappeared. Combination of injuries, not staying in shape and not really getting much a shot before those two things- injuries and not being in shape, that is- manifesting themselves killed his NBA career.

NBA rookie of the year IlliniFan's Avatar

Griffey's recent performance at an Adidas camp has been getting some great reviews. He's with some pretty good company in this report:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recru...ch&source=espn

Learning to shoot layups

Yo, this is my first post and I am a huge Illini fan. Our football team looks like it is going to have a promising season but I'm not so sure about our B-Ball team. Smith will be a good addition and we have some JUCO transfer that is supposed to be good but that isn't enough to get us into the tourney. Let's hope Crandall Head and Jereme Richmond don't back out like Eric Gordon did. If they do, Weber should be canned.

Yeah, for some reason I don't see Luther Head's little brother burning Illinois.

Man, I used to love Frank. I think his main problem when it came to staying in the league was that he was just so naturally talented and didn't had to work hard at all in high school or college. I remember reading an article about him while he was in college where he said that he didn't start playing basketball until around junior high and that the only reason he did was because his friends told him it was a good way to get girls.

I don't know if anyone with his ballhandling ability can truly be accused of not working hard. That doesn't come in any way but dribbling the ball over and over and over. I think it's a combination of dealing with injuries, having to get back in shape and dealing with adversity he'd never really had to deal with before.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGame414
    I don't know if anyone with his ballhandling ability can truly be accused of not working hard. That doesn't come in any way but dribbling the ball over and over and over. I think it's a combination of dealing with injuries, having to get back in shape and dealing with adversity he'd never really had to deal with before.
    True. I probably just worded it wrong. The way it should have read is that maybe he just didn't have the right kind of work ethic as opposed to him not working hard. I used to even get into arguments with my dad when he would say that Frank wasn't working hard.

I think my favorite Frank moment was when he took over the game against Mizzou and just abused Wesley Stokes (that was his name right?). The one shot where he had his feet crossed when he shot it was subtely awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by IlliniFan
    Griffey's recent performance at an Adidas camp has been getting some great reviews. He's with some pretty good company in this report:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recru...ch&source=espn
    I'm excited about Griffey not only for the fact that I think he's going to a very versatile player, but also because we haven't had a STL area player since Archibald, who, ironically, played at Griffey's high school.

I hate automatically comparing white guys to other white guys but I think Griffey could be part Jack Ingram, part James Augustine. Or I guess I could just say a slightly smaller Jack Ingram with a lot more athleticism. He's gonna provide toughness and rebounding in the frontcourt and be a real weapon in the pick-and-pop offensively.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

"The league should be wide open and we can be right in the middle of it. I do know one thing, though. I think Indiana will suck. Don't put that on the Internet."

This is a REAL quote from....................

Bruce Weber. I like him even more now.

http://www.pjstar.com/sports/x875593...good-humor-men Last line

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    "The league should be wide open and we can be right in the middle of it. I do know one thing, though. I think Indiana will suck. Don't put that on the Internet."

This is a REAL quote from....................

Bruce Weber. I like him even more now.

http://www.pjstar.com/sports/x875593...good-humor-men Last line
    Yeah, Indiana fans are about to grab their pitchforks and everything and storm to Champaign. He was just joking though, even if its true.