Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 291011121314 LastLast

Default Re: Round 2: Magic at Pistons, Game 1, Saturday, 7:30 ET

Quote Originally Posted by Styl3zT
    It's a fact that the cavs defeat the pistons last year. They are simply a bad matchup for the pistons like pr-fear said. But this year cavs have not been doing so good after the trade but in the playoffs it seems as if they have melted together. LeBron shows that he can play team ball, he does not need to man handle the pistons this year, now THAT cant be done again in a hundred years but cavs and pistons will be a good series if they meet again.
    Oh ya right and thats the same Cavs team as last year?....and this is the same Pistons team as last year?....Cav's would not even win 2 games off this Pistons team

Like I said...who the hell care what the Cavs did last year? They are "NOT" a match up problem for the Pistons THIS year.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore Dwight20Twenty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by statman32

Funny to see what happens when Dwight goes against a legit frontline like Detroit
    Tell us. What happens?

Dwight busts his left hand after the second half and sits the rest of the game on the bench, while Detroit pulls ahead and wins?

In any event, good game.

Detroit will win if Dwight does not come back in game 2, or if Orlando continues to shoot 3 for 16 from three.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Fear
    Exactly. People don't understand just what leBron did to this Piston's team last year. He was amazing.

Cavs are a bad match-up for the Pistons.

The Magic are not.

Orlando can only pray to take this 6 games. Anything more is a moral victory. They just aren't tough enough to play at this level right now. This will be an important off-season for them.
    LeBron didn't have that great of a series. Just 2 quarters really. He shot under 40%. It was Boobie getting MJ calls and Sideshow Bob flopping everywhere.

detroit wasted orlando

I don't get picked last at the park anymore Dwight20Twenty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by flintstone
    Oh ya right and thats the same Cavs team as last year?....and this is the same Pistons team as last year?....Cav's would not even win 2 games off this Pistons team

Like I said...who the hell care what the Cavs did last year? They are "NOT" a match up problem for the Pistons THIS year.
    If you do not recognize the Cleveland Cavaliers tip to the finals as one of the biggest upsets in the history of the game, then you are fooling yourself.

If they played that series a hundred times Cleveland would have won it 2.

The only bigger fluke I have seen in all my years as a basketball fan was Miami winning an NBA title.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight20Twenty
    Tell us. What happens?

Dwight busts his left hand after the second half and sits the rest of the game on the bench, while Detroit pulls ahead and wins?

In any event, good game.

Detroit will win if Dwight does not come back in game 2, or if Orlando continues to shoot 3 for 16 from three.
    Dwight didn't do much before getting injured.

It looks like it would be the Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Detroit Pistons in the Eastern Conference Finals.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight20Twenty
    If you do not recognize the Cleveland Cavaliers tip to the finals as one of the biggest upsets in the history of the game, then you are fooling yourself.

If they played that series a hundred times Cleveland would have won it 2.

The only bigger fluke I have seen in all my years as a basketball fan was Miami winning an NBA title.
    None of that means anything this year ....Cleveland (and other fans) need to get out of the past? Orlando on the other hand....needs to stay in the past

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    LeBron didn't have that great of a series. Just 2 quarters really. He shot under 40%. It was Boobie getting MJ calls and Sideshow Bob flopping everywhere.

Absolutely right. Lebron had 2 good games, and Mike Brown's defense really was the factor. But I just get the feeling that the Pistons were just thinking what everybody else thought, that they weren't gonna lose that series no matter what, much like they were in games vs Philly here. They didn't even double down on Lebron throughout that series, which was idiotic by Flip.

But considering there's no way the Pistons go into a series with the Cavs and believe they can't beat them... there's no way the Cavs beat them again.

Good High School Starter

Despite the fact that Dwight is considerably bigger than anyone on Detroit's frontline, the Pistons for whatever reason always give him problems. I know Rasheed and co. are good defenders, but they shouldn't be able to give Howard as much trouble as they do.

He used to dominate Detroit when Ben Wallace was still with the Pistons, which goes to show how overrated he is.

Thats the biggest problem with Cleveland fans....their stuck in the past, and they think that crap carries forward

No one cares what you did last year

Get by Boston...and then talk crap

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease MochaUdoka's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HeyIt'sMe
    Despite the fact that Dwight is considerably bigger than anyone on Detroit's frontline, the Pistons for whatever reason always give him problems. I know Rasheed and co. are good defenders, but they shouldn't be able to give Howard as much trouble as they do.

He used to dominate Detroit when Ben Wallace was still with the Pistons, which goes to show how overrated he is.
    Ben Wallace is overrated, or Dwight? if you mean Ben i dont have a big problem with that even though he did do a lot for those Pistons teams.

Irregardless, from watching the 2nd half tonight and seeing clips of the 1st, both Rasheed and Maxiell did a good job on D, but more importantly the Piston's help D was fantastic. Several times Dwight was stripped or atleast harassed sufficiently by the help defender to cause turnovers/bad plays. It seemed Dwight took some questionable shots that he couldn't stick of the backboard, but most of the credit for this game has to go to Piston's D. As previously stated, if they continue to be effective against Howard and keep the Magic shooter's from getting hot the series is probably their's for the taking, although I will be rooting for the upset

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by MochaUdoka
    Ben Wallace is overrated, or Dwight? if you mean Ben i dont have a big problem with that even though he did do a lot for those Pistons teams.

Irregardless, from watching the 2nd half tonight and seeing clips of the 1st, both Rasheed and Maxiell did a good job on D, but more importantly the Piston's help D was fantastic. Several times Dwight was stripped or atleast harassed sufficiently by the help defender to cause turnovers/bad plays. It seemed Dwight took some questionable shots that he couldn't stick of the backboard, but most of the credit for this game has to go to Piston's D. As previously stated, if they continue to be effective against Howard and keep the Magic shooter's from getting hot the series is probably their's for the taking, although I will be rooting for the upset
    I was referring to Ben, but yeah, the Pistons play Dwight extremely well so give them a ton of credit. Dwight's just going to have to come up with something new to counter their attack.

Howard hates Detroit...he has never, had many good games againt them. Orlando's only shot in this series, is for un-expected people, to step up...(check past Orlando wins against Detroit to confirm)

Quote Originally Posted by flintstone
    Thats the biggest problem with Cleveland fans....their stuck in the past, and they think that crap carries forward

No one cares what you did last year

Get by Boston...and then talk crap

One month avatar bet Mr. Flintstone.

Cavaliers will beat the Detroit Pistons in the Eastern Conference Finals.