Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: The real reason why Chris Paul didnt win the MVP award this year...

I dont get it.

Quote Originally Posted by starface
    lol

anyone who argues that weed makes you hungry instantly exposes themself as a n00b + wannabe.

hence, you two.

and L.M.A.O.!! at posting a link to something that claims cocaine dilates your pupils. people attribute hundreds of side effects to drugs that dont actually happen in real life.

anyone who has basic knowledge/experience with coke knows it wouldnt even come close to making chris paul's eyes look like that

lol but keep arguing u rooks. its clearly an argument you arent gonna even come close to winning but the humiliation you'll suffer does stand to amuse
    Straight from the MayoClinics website...

Nausea
    One of THC's medical uses best supported by research is the treatment of nausea. It can improve mild to moderate nausea caused by cancer chemotherapy and help reduce nausea and weight loss in people with AIDS.
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/med...ijuana/GA00014

Now tell us that you know more about marjiuana than the Mayo Clinic

Karl Malone's bastard TMac&Luther's Avatar

WOW...what a complete waste of time this thread is god forbid if Chris Paul takes a picture with two fans...........I mean "breaking news......this just in" Chris Paul posed for a picture. Lame, with I could get that 2 minutes back.

That cut into my beer pong game, hell I actually thought somebody posted a thread worthy of reading on why Chris Paul didn't win the award........thanks alot Statman.
    Last edited by TMac&Luther; 05-10-2008 at 02:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TMac&Luther
    WOW...what a complete waste of time this thread is god forbid if Chris Paul takes a picture with two fans...........I mean "breaking news......this just in" Chris Paul posed for a picture. Lame, with I could get that 2 minutes back.
    Obviously. Its suppose to be a joke about how hes with these broads when Kobe is with this...

But morons like you have to take things too seriously and ASSume I'm hating.

That cut into my beer pong game, hell I actually thought somebody posted a thread worthy of reading on why Chris Paul didn't win the award........thanks alot Statman.
    SO you decided to check ISH during your beer pong game? Talk about FUNNY.

My Name Is My Name MarloStanfield's Avatar

lol

anyone who argues that weed makes you hungry instantly exposes themself as a n00b + wannabe.

hence, you two.

and L.M.A.O.!! at posting a link to something that claims cocaine dilates your pupils. people attribute hundreds of side effects to drugs that dont actually happen in real life.

anyone who has basic knowledge/experience with coke knows it wouldnt even come close to making chris paul's eyes look like that

lol but keep arguing u rooks. its clearly an argument you arent gonna even come close to winning but the humiliation you'll suffer does stand to amuse
    http://www.nida.nih.gov/ResearchRepo...arijuana3.html

http://www.thebody.com/content/art6068.html

Quote Originally Posted by statman32
    Straight from the MayoClinics website...

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/med...ijuana/GA00014

Now tell us that you know more about marjiuana than the Mayo Clinic
    the reason it is used in order to help people eat is because it dulls the pain which is what keeps them from being able to hold food down.

it doesnt actually MAKE you hungry. you are a moron. it distracts patients from their physical pain and thus gives them an opportunity to eat.

LOL. its an argument your not gonna win dude. i've been smoking plants for years. i know weed inside and out. you on the other hand have obviously tried it at most 4 times, all at parties where you wanted to impress girls, and you burned you're finger trying to fumble with the lighter and then got so high you made an ass of yourself and couldnt look anyone who saw you in the eye ever again. i see and laugh at your type all the time.

you're sitting here trying to argue based on webpage links and paragraphs. i actually smoke trees dude. get real. LMAO

SO you decided to check ISH during your beer pong game? Talk about FUNNY.
    Actually I was the next one up and was just killing time...........but seriously, what was the purpose behind this thread? you come off like just a hater who's just looking for any reason to bash a guy.......what's the matter is Chris Paul's performance making Steve Nash look like a hasbeen? I mean OMG, Paul was caught standing next to two girls.....alert the police.

Banned

so much hate on this board... friggin awesome, i love it hahaha
    jks

and while we're on the subject of greenery, some people get hungry some people dont, it just depends on the person. I myself don't get the "munchies" cause i dont feel hungry after i smoke. Others, however, could eat a small village, so it depends, there is no exact science for something as natural as mary j
    Last edited by Burgz; 05-10-2008 at 02:35 AM.

My Name Is My Name MarloStanfield's Avatar

the reason it is used in order to help people eat is because it dulls the pain which is what keeps them from being able to hold food down.

it doesnt actually MAKE you hungry. you are a moron. it distracts patients from their physical pain and thus gives them an opportunity to eat.

LOL. its an argument your not gonna win dude. i've been smoking plants for years. i know weed inside and out. you on the other hand have obviously tried it at most 4 times, all at parties where you wanted to impress girls, and you burned you're finger trying to fumble with the lighter and then got so high you made an ass of yourself and couldnt look anyone who saw you in the eye ever again. i see and laugh at your type all the time.

you're sitting here trying to argue based on webpage links and paragraphs. i actually smoke trees dude. get real. LMAO
    It has been shown that there is a strong relationship between smoking marijuana and increased frequency and amount of eating.

Survey data on appetite stimulation (Haines and Green 1970) (N = 131) showed that 91 percent of marijuana users eat every time they smoke. Tart (1970) found that 93 percent of marijuana users (131) reported that marijuana made them enjoy eating very much and that they consequently ate a lot more. Foltin and colleagues (1986) reported that marijuana users eat more often. A study by Farrow and associates (1987) reported no hematologic changes or signs of nutrient deficiencies in marijuana users.

Marijuana is reported to enhance the sensory appeal of foods. Taste does not seem to be altered as measured by indexes of sourness (citric acid in lemonade), saltiness (NaCl in tomato juice), sweetness (sucrose in cherry-flavored drink), and bitterness (urea in tonic water). There does not appear to be impairment in the normal satiety mechanisms following marijuana ingestion.

Foltin and colleagues (1988) saw signs of a general increase in food intake on smoked marijuana days versus placebo days. The effect may not persist over an extended period of time, but long-term studies have not been done. Setting is important in appetite enhancement and social settings contribute heavily. Williams and associates (1946) did a chronic dosing study. They found that body weight went up and stayed up, possibly due to an effect of marijuana on fluid retention. Greenberg and colleagues (1976) saw a sharp increase in food intake followed by a leveling off. The increase in body weight may reflect a reduction in energy expenditure.

Food intake was greater after smoking, compared to oral and sublingual administration, but there was much individual variability. Marijuana seems to enhance appetite in the evening, whereas many cancer patients report having most of their appetite in morning. This would suggest a potential complementary use of marijuana.

Cachexia or wasting due to HIV infection is increasingly prevalent in the era of effective prophylaxis for Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia (Hoover et al. 1993). Significant weight loss, more than 20 percent of ideal body weight, is associated with shortened survival of HIV-infected patients (Kotler et al. 1989). The major causes of weight loss in HIV-infected patients are opportunistic infections, enteric infections associated with malabsorption, and reduced caloric intake. The latter is the most important cause of wasting in the absence of opportunistic infections and malabsorption (MacCallan et al. 1995).

Administration of the appetite stimulants megestrol acetate (VonRoenn et al. 1994) and dronabinol (Gorter et al. 1992) is associated with weight gain in HIV-infected patients. Anabolic steroids and recombinant human growth hormone produce an increase in lean body mass (Mulligan et al. 1993). In published studies, the weight gain produced by appetite stimulants or hormonal therapy has not been shown to be associated with an improved immunologic status or clinical outcome. All investigations, however, have been relatively short, 12 to 24 weeks in length. Although there is much anecdotal evidence of weight gain produced by use of smoked marijuana, no objective data relative to body composition alterations, HIV replication, or immunologic function in HIV-infected patients are available. An epidemiologic study demonstrated no alteration in the natural history of HIV infection with use of smoked marijuana (Kaslow et al. 1989), although other investigations in uninfected volunteers and animal models indicated that there are effects on components of the immune system. There have been no recent published studies of the impact of smoked marijuana on the immune system in HIV-infected patients using state-of-the-art immunologic assays.

Megestrol acetate (Oster et al. 1994, VonRoenn et al. 1994) produces weight gain that is predominantly fat, with very little increase in lean body mass. Dronabinol (9-THC) has been studied in patients with cancer (Nelson et al. 1994; Plasse et al. 1991) and AIDS (Gorter et al. 1992), who showed increased weight gain.

Beal and colleagues (1995) studied dronabinol as treatment for anorexia associated with weight loss in patients with AIDS. A significant increase in appetite was seen with a decrease in nausea, and a mood increase that was not significant. The 6-week study may have been too short to fully capture the effects of dronabinol.

In a survey looking at physicians' choice of drugs to treat wasting, the first line choice of 80 percent of the care providers was megestrol with dronabinol being used by 54 percent. Dronabinol was also the second line choice of most providers.

Problems that have been identified with dronabinol are that patients feel "too stoned"; are unable to titrate their dose properly; note delayed onset of effect, prolonged duration of effect, or problems with malabsorption; and "not the same feeling as smoked marijuana."

Several panelists pointed out that the weight gain is primarily an accumulation of water (sometimes of fat), but not of lean body mass. On the other hand, oncologists heard from patients with advanced cancer that increased appetite and weight gain are psychologically helpful, regardless of the nature of the added weight, and regardless of the impact (if any) on survival. Panelists also commented that very likely weight loss is an indicator rather than a cause of impending death.

But morons like you have to take things too seriously and ASSume I'm hating.
    yeah, because people that start threads like this are always "just joking", this post is more like somebody who bombed horribly and is now just trying to backtrack.

BTW........still got that "Bush is a bust" thread on dial (and with Houston drafting Steve Slaton) that should be a fun bump next season, because Reggie Bush sucks :)
    Last edited by TMac&Luther; 05-10-2008 at 02:37 AM.

it doesnt actually MAKE you hungry. you are a moron. it distracts patience from their physical pain and thus gives them an opportunity to eat.

Once again you just exposed yourself.

It helps reduce nausea which causes people to vomit and to have a loss of appetite.

yeah, because people that start threads like this are always "just joking", this post is more like somebody who bombed horribly and is now just trying to backtrack.

BTW........still got that "Bush is a bust" thread on dial (and with Houston drafting Steve Slaton) that should be a fun bump next season. :)
    Wait so you think I'm backtracking? WHy else would I have made this thread? To hate on Chris Paul for taking pictures with ugly girls? Damn people here are way too emotional.

Go back to playing "beer pong"

Go back to playing "beer pong"
    Although I do think your "backtracking"........that is something we can agree on. I'll be back later.

I'm thinking about getting a place on the East River; any suggestions?