And Another One Killer_Instinct's Avatar

Default I could wait to see if they lose, but I'll say it anyway

The Celtics biggest downfall is IMO they are lacking that one guy who can turn it on when needed. This issue becomes so clear primarily ON THE ROAD. Every championship team has had one, and needs one. They have an overall great team, and 3 great players, and possible HOFers. But, it seems like they all stand and wait for someone to make a play. That isn't going to cut it. They need that one guy. At times KG seems like he is it, but then he begins deferring and we watch brick, after brick, after brick. Someone needs to step up and soon. This formula they currently have when faced with a deficit/scoring drought isn't going to fly in the postseason during the longrun.

Default Re: I could wait to see if they lose, but I'll say it anyway

THE ISSUE IS THE REFS..THEY HANDED THE GAMES TO THE CAVS...JOE SMITH CLEARLY WALKED ON THAT PLAY

Quote Originally Posted by TruthKGRay3412
    THE ISSUE IS THE REFS..THEY HANDED THE GAMES TO THE CAVS...JOE SMITH CLEARLY WALKED ON THAT PLAY
    Yeah, keep telling yourself that, buddy.

I agree though. The big 3 doesn't like taking responsibility. When they cut it to 5, they had Glen Davis take 2 shots for them. Cleveland got back to 9 in a flash.

Their offense looks ugly, bad coaching, bad subs and really, I'm 100 % confident it's the Cavs who will win this series. Just a more rounded team.

I usually hit open layups SpLiTViZiOnZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TruthKGRay3412
    Consider it payback for the 3 times KG absolutely manhandled Ben Wallace with no call. Joe Smith was fouled before the walk too.

u ever see that interview where the big 3 were asked who's the leader of the celtics? all 3 pointed there finger at the other, none taking responsibility as the leader. maybe next season they want to establish who the leader of this team is. who is gonna come up clutch in the final mins if they are behind. maybe preplan this and see if it works.

Quote Originally Posted by SpLiTViZiOnZ
    Consider it payback for the 3 times KG absolutely manhandled Ben Wallace with no call. Joe Smith was fouled before the walk too.
    umm Ben Wallace going to the line helps the Celtics.

I'll agree that the C's lack that one guy who has the killer instinct and can just take over, but with this much talent to have this many problems creating offense for eachother it's obvious that the coaching has to share a lot of the blame as well. There's just no plays being called aside from inbounds plays coming out of timeouts.

And I'm not just saying this now that they've lost games in the playoffs, I'm talking about Doc's entire tenure with the Celtics. The defensive end has been the combination of talent and Tom Thibodeau's system while the offensive end has just been talent. Doc's only real offensive sets are dumping the ball into KG late in the game when we really need a bucket and running screens for Ray Allen to throw up 3's on the run. That's it.

And Another One Killer_Instinct's Avatar

I saw this coming a mile away tonight. They have too much talent to not win these road games. For the second time, they are faced with a 7 game series. I agree, the coaches at times do seem inept at calling a good play, particially in a crucial moment, but someone has to step up ON the court. Whether it's Peirce, Ray, Garnett, Rondo, whoever. If not, I promise you they are not winning that trophy in June. And they are too talented of a team to be faced with Game 7's to the Hawks and Cavs. No one wants the responsibilty in the
    4th. That's their biggest problem, bar none.
    Last edited by Killer_Instinct; 05-16-2008 at 11:36 PM.

I usually hit open layups SpLiTViZiOnZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gevz2kX
    umm Ben Wallace going to the line helps the Celtics.
    It wasn't in the act of shooting. It is when he was going for rebounds and KG bodied him up. At least 3 times, plus the time KG slammed Wallace and Wallace got called for the defensive foul.

I just can't believe how bad their offense is, and 'YES' I blame Doc. Even last season PP34 was taking over at the end of games. He has always been pretty clutch and now he's really not being used properly. Ray Allen is also a clutch scorer who can't seem to score in this offense. Coincidence?

When the ball is moving, the Celtics look great. The problem is that so many of Doc's plays seem to include ISOs and weird dump offs.

The Celtics players need to wake up and move the game more and the Celtics coaches need to wake up and design some more plays that allow Ray and Paul to operate in the midrange. I mean run some screen plays for them or SOMETHING!

I hate to be that guy but i totally co-sign the Doc sucks argument.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore Deltron3030's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
    u ever see that interview where the big 3 were asked who's the leader of the celtics? all 3 pointed there finger at the other, none taking responsibility as the leader. maybe next season they want to establish who the leader of this team is. who is gonna come up clutch in the final mins if they are behind. maybe preplan this and see if it works.

It's pretty simple really. They are old and on the wrong side of 30s. Cassell - old and washed up. Pierce and Allen have been exposed and on the down side of their career. KG is the ONLY one of the big names playing at a high level but he has NEVER been clutch in the playoffs. He is clearly their go-to guy but they are not going to get past the pistons if they beat cle.

The doc. He is acting like a 6th player complaining on every call up and down the court. He sweats more than the players. He needs to coach and keep his composure cuz his negative energy is rubbing off on the players.

Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

The issue is the Incredibly Disappearing Ray Ray

I always said he is over rated. He now has a chance to prove me wrong.
    OK, Ray, do something...anything.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore Deltron3030's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
    The issue is the Incredibly Disappearing Ray Ray

I always said he is over rated. He now has a chance to prove me wrong.
    OK, Ray, do something...anything.
    He was never overrated. Maybe this year he is though but he is just old man. So in those terms yea he is overrated this year. He's been pretty lights out his career though despite not winning much. Pierce has disappeared a few games as well. That team is living and dying with KG right now.

Celts kinda remind me of that rocket team with Hakeem, barkley and pippen. They never won but were expected to. Same stuff here. Maybe a little better teamwork but both teams are aged like a not so fine wine - more like two buck chuck.
    Last edited by Deltron3030; 05-17-2008 at 02:11 AM.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killer_Instinct
    And they are too talented of a team to be faced with Game 7's to the Hawks and Cavs.
    Please do not put the Hawks and Cavs in the same sentence. The Cavs would probably sweep the Hawks in a series. If the Celtics had played this series the way that they did against Atlanta, the Cavs would be preparing for the Pistons right now.

There is no doubt that a lack of a leader to take over when the rest of the team is struggling (especially late in the game) has hurt the Celtics. But, let's not completely overlook the Cavs' defense (like the media has). It has been as good or better than the Celtics' vaunted defense in this series.

Nothing is coming easy for Boston. They have to really work to even get a shot off on each possession and the Cavs are consistently winning the turnover battle... and beating Boston up on the boards.

There are many reasons that this series is going to a 7th game and most of it has to do with these teams being very evenly matched.