Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 68

Thread: Was this a "Ugly Win" for the Lakers or a "Good Lost" for the Spurs?

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    463

    Default Was this a "Ugly Win" for the Lakers or a "Good Lost" for the Spurs?

    I think if you are the Spurs you are not feeing that bad about tonight's game. They showed that in Game 1 they are clearly the better team when they led all night long and just had too many turnovers that allowed the Lakers to get back in the game. The Lakers look like they need Kobe to SHINE in every game to have a chance in each game and I don't see the Spurs losing on Friday Night. Yes a loss when you had a 20 point lead on the road is a tough loss but isn't actually a good loss for San Antonio??

    You can't tell me the Spurs don't look like the better team after watching tonight's game. And that's why Greg Popovich was probably laughing at the Press Conference and Phil Jackson was not. Think About it.

  2. #2
    WIF Champion ~LA's fine$t~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,875

    Default Re: Was this a "Ugly Win" for the Lakers or a "Good Lost" for the Spurs?

    Lakers had no business winning this game, 20 point deficit...no momentum, no one outside of Rad and Kobe had a good game...Gasol did step up, Farmar was better then expected...I know SA's Manu and Parker didn't exactly lit up the court tonight...but neither did our boys.

    I think in the first 30 minutes we thought we can make the same cute passes we did against Denver & Utah...we were puzzled with all those turn overs, SA was outplaying us badly...then Kobe took over, he is that good.

    We really need to start appreciating this guy, I didn't even jump in joy when Kobe hit that game winning shot...I expected him, I knew he'd make it...that's how terrific of a player he really is. Despite what Loki has to say.

    I just hope Odom & Fisher can have a better game, as long as Kobe stays aggressive for the duration of an entire game...I feel really good about LA taking this series in 5 games, like I predicted.

    I hope this was a wake up call for us, we got lucky...but we also played out of our element. Thankfully SA chocked the game away, maybe it was the lack of rest.

    LA up 1-0!! I'm happy...

  3. #3
    & got a triple-double BTrujillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Posts
    239

    Default Re: Was this a "Ugly Win" for the Lakers or a "Good Lost" for the Spurs?

    I think its too hard to tell what effect this will have... the Lakers definitely had an ugly game today and Spurs looked much more ready to play...BUT this is one of those demoralizing type games that might be hard to bounce back from. The first few minutes of game 2 will show exactly where both teams are at.

  4. #4
    Stare bagelred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    26,893

    Default Re: Was this a "Ugly Win" for the Lakers or a "Good Lost" for the Spurs?

    I want the Lakers to lose so badly. They don't deserve it. Get Pau Gasol from Grizzlies for nothing. Collusion!!!!

    Kobe wants to leave but doesn't. Phil Jackson gets most talent AGAIN.

    Anyway, Spurs are in trouble. Lakers just have too many weapons and of course, Kobe. It's over.

  5. #5
       
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    13,249

    Default Re: Was this a "Ugly Win" for the Lakers or a "Good Lost" for the Spurs?

    how was this an ugly win if the lake show came all the way back from 20-down? any mentally-healthy team would call it a rousing character win.

    how was this a good loss if you blew a huge lead? a good loss is when you battled hard and almost won against difficult odds.

    i'm sorry, but neither of your characterizations fit.

  6. #6
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    WINNING!
    Posts
    7,222

    Default Re: Was this a "Ugly Win" for the Lakers or a "Good Lost" for the Spurs?

    How about a good win for the Lakers? You don't come back from down 20 in the second half because you're lucky. Great win for LA but they didnt play up to their capabilities. I thought Elementally put it perfectly.."Great win, Good game"

  7. #7
    Vince Carter > Kobe Mamba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,155

    Default Re: Was this a "Ugly Win" for the Lakers or a "Good Lost" for the Spurs?

    Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    I want the Lakers to lose so badly. They don't deserve it. Get Pau Gasol from Grizzlies for nothing. Collusion!!!!

    Kobe wants to leave but doesn't. Phil Jackson gets most talent AGAIN.

    Anyway, Spurs are in trouble. Lakers just have too many weapons and of course, Kobe. It's over.
    ye that has nothing to do with the grizz looking for expiring contracts and trying to build around rudy gay.

    or the lakers trying to bring a championship back to LA?

    you friend, are an idiot!

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    463

    Default Re: Was this a "Ugly Win" for the Lakers or a "Good Lost" for the Spurs?

    Quote Originally Posted by hotsizzle
    How about a good win for the Lakers? You don't come back from down 20 in the second half because you're lucky. Great win for LA but they didnt play up to their capabilities. I thought Elementally put it perfectly.."Great win, Good game"

    Small Picture=Lakers won game 1

    Big Picture=Lakers had to come back from 20 pts down to win

    Bigger Picture-Lakers first lead of the game in Game 1 at home wasn't until the 4th quarter.

  9. #9
    NBA rookie of the year DKLaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,754

    Default Re: Was this a "Ugly Win" for the Lakers or a "Good Lost" for the Spurs?

    Quote Originally Posted by SportsAnalyzer
    I think if you are the Spurs you are not feeing that bad about tonight's game. They showed that in Game 1 they are clearly the better team when they led all night long and just had too many turnovers that allowed the Lakers to get back in the game. The Lakers look like they need Kobe to SHINE in every game to have a chance in each game and I don't see the Spurs losing on Friday Night. Yes a loss when you had a 20 point lead on the road is a tough loss but isn't actually a good loss for San Antonio??

    You can't tell me the Spurs don't look like the better team after watching tonight's game. And that's why Greg Popovich was probably laughing at the Press Conference and Phil Jackson was not. Think About it.
    LMAO.....What game were YOU watching????
    Kobe didn't even try to play in the first half, if he had the Lakers would have won by 20+ points.
    Odom did absolutely nothing besides blocking Duncan once.
    Fisher managed to dent the rim with a steady flow of bricks.
    If you actually think the Lakers will play this poorly in the series you are delirious.
    All the Spurs can hope and expect to improve upon is Ginobili hitting more shots.
    If you blow a 20 point lead with the Lakers playing that bad you are dead meat.....better start booking that vacation now!!!

  10. #10
    WIF Champion ~LA's fine$t~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,875

    Default Re: Was this a "Ugly Win" for the Lakers or a "Good Lost" for the Spurs?

    People need to stop whining about Gasol right now, it's a non-factor.
    You don't see us whining about not having Ariza and Bynum this series, do you? I'd like to see SA without say Parker and K.Thomas for this series...that's equivalent to what we're missing right now.

  11. #11
    My Pimp Hand Is Lethal Wonder Bread Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    2,895

    Default Re: Was this a "Ugly Win" for the Lakers or a "Good Lost" for the Spurs?

    Quote Originally Posted by ~LA's fine$t~
    SA was outplaying us badly...then [Pop sat Bowen for no reason and] Kobe took over, he is that good.
    I hate when people do this but...

    Fixed.

  12. #12
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Land of 16 NBA Championships
    Posts
    20,742

    Default Re: Was this a "Ugly Win" for the Lakers or a "Good Lost" for the Spurs?

    Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Get Pau Gasol from Grizzlies for nothing. Collusion!!!!
    Yeah, and there was no collusion between two former teammates in Ainge and McHale, right? Give me a break...





  13. #13
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Land of 16 NBA Championships
    Posts
    20,742

    Default Re: Was this a "Ugly Win" for the Lakers or a "Good Lost" for the Spurs?

    Quote Originally Posted by SportsAnalyzer
    Small Picture=Lakers won game 1

    Big Picture=Lakers had to come back from 20 pts down to win

    Bigger Picture-Lakers first lead of the game in Game 1 at home wasn't until the 4th quarter.
    Biggest Picture-Pjax 40-0 when his teams win the first game in a playoff series...




  14. #14
    06,12,13 NBA Champions Brickz187's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Virginia Beach
    Posts
    324

    Default Re: Was this a "Ugly Win" for the Lakers or a "Good Lost" for the Spurs?

    This was a great win for the lakers. Kobe tried to involve the team more and took little to no shots and that showed why the spurs were so dominent in the first half(and the bench for lakers being very dominate compared to the starters). Once kobe got back from vacation and started doing what Kobe does the team got motivated and got back into the game as well as the fans. Gasol did his part in the game. Kobe did his part in the game. Fisher and Odom really lacked in this game.You can also say the same thing about Manu and Parker. Imagine if all these players were actually playing at there fullest capabilities? Great win for the lakers horrible loss for the spurs. they acted as if there was no way lakers could come back and just played the way they wanted to play when obviously the lakers told them they wanted to play there way and it worked.

  15. #15
    Stare bagelred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    26,893

    Default Re: Was this a "Ugly Win" for the Lakers or a "Good Lost" for the Spurs?

    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalMike
    Yeah, and there was no collusion between two former teammates in Ainge and McHale, right? Give me a break...




    I believe that was collusion too.


    So let's see, the Grizzlies get rid of Gasol to free up cap space to sign......um.......somebody NOT AS GOOD AS GASOL. They give up a legitimate young franchise player for NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!! ZERO!!!!!!!!!! for worthless cap space. To build around Rudy Gay who will never be as good as Pau Gasol.

    And gee, what a coincidence that Jerry West worked for Grizzlies and he's Mr. Laker. Nothing to see here folks......

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •