Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Pimp Hand Is Lethal Wonder Bread Kid's Avatar

Default Re: Was this a "Ugly Win" for the Lakers or a "Good Lost" for the Spurs?

Quote Originally Posted by LBJoftheYMCA
    Is Kobe bryant the reason San Antonio scored 13 points in the 4th quarter?

Case closed. Stop making excuses your embarrassing yourself.
    My correction wasn't about why the Spurs sucked on offense in the 4th. Maybe if you had the reading comprehension of a turtle you'd know that. My comment was strictly related to Kobe and his going off after being quiet for most of the game.

Hey, was Kobe the reason the Spurs scored about the same in the 3rd and 4th qts. of games 1, 2 and 3 against New Orleans?

Local High School Star ChrisKreager's Avatar

Default Re: Was this a "Ugly Win" for the Lakers or a "Good Lost" for the Spurs?

This is almost a reversal of the Suns/Spurs game 1:

Team blows big lead late in game

Will the Spurs be able to bounce back like Phoenix couldn't?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalMike
    Biggest Picture-Pjax 40-0 when his teams win the first game in a playoff series...

THE HUMONGOUS PICTURE: The Spurs showed they are capable of stealing a game in LA whether it's game 2, 5, or 7

06,12,13 NBA Champions Brickz187's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SportsAnalyzer
    THE HUMONGOUS PICTURE: The Spurs showed they are capable of stealing a game in LA whether it's game 2, 5, or 7
    They showed they can win a game in LA when Kobe doesnt play. Lakers showed that Kobe can easily take over the spurs at any part of the game. Wiether he can do that in SA is up in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by LBJoftheYMCA
    Why would you even be worried about why Kobe scored so much in a thread about characterizing the end result of this game.

So what are your crybaby posts insinuating at the end of the day?

Bowen goes to bench-->Kobe goes off --> lakers take lead--> lakers win game.

You act as if the Lakers win was solely due to Kobe going off. That's the point Im making.
    He scored 14 of the 24 4th qt points the Lakers scored and probably assisted on 2 or 3 baskets.

His going off WAS the sole reason the Lakers won.

Also, Kobe going off is not because Bowen went to the bench. KObe took 3 shots in the first half because he was reading the game. Second half he switched gears, and even when Bowen was on him he scored. i.e. basket to take 2 point lead with 20+ seconds left.

Idiot.
    What? Kobe played like crap until Pop sat Bowen mid 3rd. Then he began to score on Udoka and then Manu.

FYI... the Lakers didn't take the lead until late in the fourth (when it was 81-81) and it was on a pair of free throws.

Quote Originally Posted by Brickz187
    They showed they can win a game in LA when Kobe doesnt play. Lakers showed that Kobe can easily take over the spurs at any part of the game. Wiether he can do that in SA is up in the air.
    Kobe can take over. But his taking over has what to do with the Spurs atrocious shooting and lack of scoring?

Everyone who thinks that this game is proof that SA will take the series seems to forget that the exact same thing happened to Phx in game 1 of the first round.

06,12,13 NBA Champions Brickz187's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder Bread Kid
    Kobe can take over. But his taking over has what to do with the Spurs atrocious shooting and lack of scoring?
    Thats all the spurs fault. There lack of scoring better only be 2days game because anymore games like that then its a wrap. Spurs are a very good team and i know what there capable of. But they seemed way to confident on the fact they had a 20 point lead. Championship teams cannot play that way. Also Lakers dont even have a great defense. So spurs should of been ****ting on them all day. If they make if past LA and the celtics advance there going to have a tough game. Boston plays very good defense and has a very good offense. Spurs cant choke during games no matter how far in the lead they are. Lakers showed they can easily come back from that if you give them the oppertunity.

Quote Originally Posted by blasian
    Everyone who thinks that this game is proof that SA will take the series seems to forget that the exact same thing happened to Phx in game 1 of the first round.
    The same thing happened in round two against the Hornets. More times.

The same thing happened in round two against the Hornets. More times.
    Spurs didn't blow a 20 point lead in those losses

shhhhhhh

you're right the 14 point 4th quarter has me convinced...

seriously the spurs are a great team, they can steal one with ease... but so can the lakers...

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    seriously the spurs are a great team, they can steal one with ease... but so can the lakers...
    They have yet to prove it.

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

I, too, think the Spurs are capable of winning a game on the road but I doubt it's a game 7 again. The most likely at this point would be game 5 (with being down 3-1, making it 3-3 on their court only to lose in 7). That's my prediction as of now.

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Both of them.

shhhhhhh

i think they both have, spurs winninggame 7 in new orleans, lakers winning game 6 in utah against a team that only lost there 4 times all year... lakers have won 3 road games this postseason spurs have won two