Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast
    Best poster ever High Potential's Avatar

Default Re: Post some pics of you guys getting blazed

Quote Originally Posted by MrEncinas
    One very large factor to consider is that so many people, specifically successfully and wealthy people, fear how others would react if they knew they smoked pot. However, there have been a large number of successfully people that have admitted to marijuana use. Carl Sagan, Bruce Babbitt, Claiborne Pell, Newt Gingrich, Woody Harrelson, Brad Pitt, and a host of musicians; The Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, Louis Armstrong, Willie Nelson, and Bing Crosby to name a few. Some that have admitted to smoking marijuana but not what most (yourself included) would consider a "pothead" include; Al Gore, Bill Clinton, Barack Obama, George Clooney, JFK, and of course current President George W. Bush.

Just for anyone that may be curious, I myself don't smoke very often. I did frequently in high school and a little while after, but it's much less frequent nowadays (a few times a year).
    Note. All of those people you listed have something called talent or family connections to get beastly job. I'm not sure our friend catzhernandez possesses either of those qualities..

I know everything SHEED_ gangsta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by starface

-primetime-
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by MrEncinas
    One very large factor to consider is that so many people, specifically successfully and wealthy people, fear how others would react if they knew they smoked pot. However, there have been a large number of successfully people that have admitted to marijuana use. Carl Sagan, Bruce Babbitt, Claiborne Pell, Newt Gingrich, Woody Harrelson, Brad Pitt, and a host of musicians; The Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, Louis Armstrong, Willie Nelson, and Bing Crosby to name a few. Some that have admitted to smoking marijuana but not what most (yourself included) would consider a "pothead" include; Al Gore, Bill Clinton, Barack Obama, George Clooney, JFK, and of course current President George W. Bush.

Just for anyone that may be curious, I myself don't smoke very often. I did frequently in high school and a little while after, but it's much less frequent nowadays (a few times a year).
    oh hell eveyone has tried it a few times at some point in time...

Bush has done coke..

I am talking about people who smoke everyday...

that aren't rock stars or actors

give me an example of a successful businessman that smokes EVERYDAY...

Quote Originally Posted by -primetime-
    this is something that I can't really agree on...

What exactly cant you agree with? The fact that I KNOW people who are stoners and are successful? Its not just something I pulled out of my ass. I know these people. And I know I used to smoke everyday and I got through college and did very well and now have a successful job.
    Quote Originally Posted by -primetime-
    I have never seen a stoner in my life go on to be successful...

and by "stoner" I am thinking of someone who smokes on a daily basis...right???...not someone that smokes on the weekends.

You think that Bill Gates or Mark Cuban or Donald Trump or (insert rich business man here) would be who they are if that got f*cking blazed to hell everyday of thier life ????

I don't buy into the myth that pot heads give me that alot of successful people (doctors, lawyers, ect.) are pot heads....I am sure there are a few exceptions but I just don't see how anyone could be really successful high everyday...

question:

if you were about to have heart surgury done would you not freak out if you found out the guy that is about to perform it was a stoner????

I would...

Why are you bringing up Bill Gates and Donald Trump? We were discussing regular people not geniuses like them. How do you know every successful person was not stoner at some point in their life? Do you know that for a fact or are you once again assuming what you think is correct is how it is?

I will agree with you that you cannot become as successful as you possibly can be IF you blaze all day every day. No shyt you wouldnt be able to do everything you want if you were high 24/7. But what about alcoholics? If you heard your heart surgeon was an alcoholic, would you want them to perform on you? I know I wouldnt. Same difference.

When I was in college, i smoked every day for a span of time. I wasnt high in the morning, during class, while taking exams. I would smoke at night when I got all my shyt done and was ready to relax. Being a stoner does not equate into being high from when you wake up til you sleep.

Im not saying smoking does not hinder your ability to be all you can be. Even with responsible people, it does hinder you to a certain degree. From what I have gotten from you, you seem to believe just bc you are a stoner, you cant be successful in any way and you are destined to a life of living with your parents. All Im saying is this is not true for everyone. And it seems you are basing your thoughts on just a few of your buds who never amounted to anything. I can tell you this. In college, the people who drank everyday compared to the people who smoked everyday were far worse students, based on my experience. None of my stoner friends will go on to be Bill Gates or Donald Trump, but they were very good students and are furthuring their education. I know they will be successful.

Serious playground baller lakers_fan4life's Avatar

haha this guy is embarrassed haha he thought other people would post pics little did he know this was gonna turn into a 6 page thread of people on ISH talkin about him haha!!!!

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by lakers_fan4life
    haha this guy is embarrassed haha he thought other people would post pics little did he know this was gonna turn into a 6 page thread of people on ISH talkin about him haha!!!!
    I only see 2 pages.

Edit: 3 now with my post.

Quote Originally Posted by gencbiba
    I only see 2 pages.

Edit: 3 now with my post.
    Its 6 becuase we have the amount of posts per page setting on default.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by statman32
    Its 6 becuase we have the amount of posts per page setting on default.
    If you were smart you'd change it to 40 replies per page.

-primetime-

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
    What exactly cant you agree with? The fact that I KNOW people who are stoners and are successful? Its not just something I pulled out of my ass. I know these people. And I know I used to smoke everyday and I got through college and did very well and now have a successful job.

Why are you bringing up Bill Gates and Donald Trump? We were discussing regular people not geniuses like them. How do you know every successful person was not stoner at some point in their life? Do you know that for a fact or are you once again assuming what you think is correct is how it is?

I will agree with you that you cannot become as successful as you possibly can be IF you blaze all day every day. No shyt you wouldnt be able to do everything you want if you were high 24/7. But what about alcoholics? If you heard your heart surgeon was an alcoholic, would you want them to perform on you? I know I wouldnt. Same difference.

When I was in college, i smoked every day for a span of time. I wasnt high in the morning, during class, while taking exams. I would smoke at night when I got all my shyt done and was ready to relax. Being a stoner does not equate into being high from when you wake up til you sleep.

Im not saying smoking does not hinder your ability to be all you can be. Even with responsible people, it does hinder you to a certain degree. From what I have gotten from you, you seem to believe just bc you are a stoner, you cant be successful in any way and you are destined to a life of living with your parents. All Im saying is this is not true for everyone. And it seems you are basing your thoughts on just a few of your buds who never amounted to anything. I can tell you this. In college, the people who drank everyday compared to the people who smoked everyday were far worse students, based on my experience. None of my stoner friends will go on to be Bill Gates or Donald Trump, but they were very good students and are furthuring their education. I know they will be successful.
    we basically agree...

i brought up Bill Gates and others on successful people that we both know...if I listed some of my freinds that are successful you wouldn't know who the hell i was talking about...

I used to be a stoner in high school and a couple years past that...I am sure that there are thousands of successful people that went through a "stoner period"....

i am just talking about people that smoke everyday constantly....like till they die.

I have freinds that I grew up smoking weed with in high school and some of them NEVER STOPED...they still smoke everyday.....and a couple of them are 30 years + and still living with thier parents...and I don't think it is just a coincedence that the only freinds of mine tht are still living at home just happen to be freinds that smoke weed every god damn morning they wake up....

like I said....I think we both are saying the same thing....I just sense taht you are getting a little offended or frustrated at what I am saying because you yourself smoke...

do you smoke EVERYDAY????...be honest

I don't get picked last at the park anymore Steve Nashty's Avatar

your a pretty big loser to be smoking weed and trying to seem "cool" about it. something tells me this isnt your first time, whether it be on insidehoops or somewhere else, you have probebly tried to seem cool infront of numerous people with weed.

starface pretty much summed it up with that picture.

Based on my observations, people who smoke weed are a bit TOO mellow for me. They seemed to have lost any real enthusiasm for life. I think weed kinda robs of you any/all childlike enthusiasm that one has.

The stuff just kills your emotions, makes you dull, and though you won't flip out and are generally agreeable, most people, or at least the ones I've seen, who smoke weed, are too even keel.

Quote Originally Posted by mlh1981
    Based on my observations, people who smoke weed are a bit TOO mellow for me. They seemed to have lost any real enthusiasm for life. I think weed kinda robs of you any/all childlike enthusiasm that one has.

The stuff just kills your emotions, makes you dull, and though you won't flip out and are generally agreeable, most people, or at least the ones I've seen, who smoke weed, are too even keel.
    I have all of the "side effects" but i've only taken 2 hits in my life. You think if I started smoking weed I would get better? Kind of how giving ADD kids ridilin makes them calm.

-primetime-

Quote Originally Posted by Wadeisabeast
    I have all of the "side effects" but i've only taken 2 hits in my life. You think if I started smoking weed I would get better? Kind of how giving ADD kids ridilin makes them calm.
    when i first started smoking weed all I did was laugh 24/7

a couple of years smoking it later all it did was make me lazy...and lathargic

now when i smoke it i get the paranoid effect...so i stopped
    Last edited by -primetime-; 06-08-2008 at 09:06 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

gnaaaaarly braaaaaah

Quote Originally Posted by mlh1981

based on your obvservations of who, "pothead" characters in movies? i think you're taking the movie cliche a little too seriously.