Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Why Is It Considered Wrong When A Non-African Race Wears a Du-Rag?

what I dont understand is the reason for a white guy to wear a something like a doo rag or a wave cap...

Its for kinky hair

I can see a white person with dreds or something like that, but I see white guys with short hair wearing wave caps WTF are they wearing them for?

Black folks can make infinite hairstyles with our grade of hair so the caps and bandannas and all that stuff is usually worn for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba33
    Yea I do like rap, not a big fan of mainstream though, but that makes me a wannabe???
    Yeah you fit the criteria of 99.9% of wanna bes. Doesn't necessarily make you one, but expect people to assume that you are one, especially when you're in the du-rag.

Local High School Star intrinsic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheed1
    what I dont understand is the reason for a white guy to wear a something like a doo rag or a wave cap...

Its for kinky hair

I can see a white person with dreds or something like that, but I see white guys with short hair wearing wave caps WTF are they wearing them for?

Black folks can make infinite hairstyles with our grade of hair so the caps and bandannas and all that stuff is usually worn for a reason.
    I know of ppl -- who weren't black -- wearing stocking caps to make short hair lay down bc the stocking would "press" it flat. (usually in a backwards direction) It's used to train hair. That is all I am aware of, and it is usually done at night while sleeping.

The verdict is in. We the jury of negroes of the OTC find you guilty of Gross-Wannabeism.

Lets GO PENS!

is a du-rag that thing that goes over the head and then has this thing that comes down like over your neck?

THe sun is really ****ing hot right now. I could use one of those to stop my neck from getting toasted when i'm balling.

Local High School Star

Take solace in the fact that it doesn't just look stupid on you. It looks stupid on everybody.