Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    McCants is Available!!

Default Re: Ray Allen's daughter is in the hospital

I think it happened when Doc subbed Ray out for that long stretch.

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

I wish that his daugther will be ok . But seriously basketball is a job. just like any other job in the world if you have a very important thing to do as much as you would like to attend to your daughter you cant because that is where the mom's take over and be there to look after your daughter. I am a dad as well i have two kids and both of them were confined before but i didnt skip work or filed a leave of absence. I wish Ray Allen's Daughter will be fine. But if its that severe it wouldnt surprise me if Ray Ray wont play...

Quote Originally Posted by w00terz
    I hope you're joking.

Ray-Ray's daughter has been diagnosed with Diabetes. Diabetes is serious. Your comments are incredibly disrespectful.
    Diabetes is serious as in its a serious change of lifestyle and diet for some people (ie you watch your diet, take insulin or medication, and exercise); however, its not a "lets get the entire family in the waiting room" kind of sickness. Its not that sort of serious.

Regardless, if someone in his family is sick and I'm assuming Ray knows little about the disease, he had every reason to take a practice off and even a game if he deems necessary. Unless the daughter had super-super low blood sugar, like coma level, she should be fine.

I come from a family of diabetics and no one has been in the hospital for diabetes for more than a day and those were elderly people. But who knows what kind of complications there are.

Quote Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
    Diabetes is serious as in its a serious change of lifestyle and diet for some people (ie you watch your diet, take insulin or medication, and exercise); however, its not a "lets get the entire family in the waiting room" kind of sickness. Its not that sort of serious.

Regardless, if someone in his family is sick and I'm assuming Ray knows little about the disease, he had every reason to take a practice off and even a game if he deems necessary. Unless the daughter had super-super low blood sugar, like coma level, she should be fine.

I come from a family of diabetics and no one has been in the hospital for diabetes for more than a day and those were elderly people. But who knows what kind of complications there are.
    It depends on how long his daughter went without knowing what was wrong. When my sister was diagnosed, she had become really dehydrated, pale, and was beginning to lose significant weight. This was all in the span of about 4-5days. When my parents took her in, she was in the hospital for about 3 days. The doctors said if we would've waited a day later to come in, she probably would've hit the coma stage. Diabetes are not to be messed with in this stage.

AIrules
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Hope she gets well...

I know everything SHEED_ gangsta's Avatar

hope Ray Ray does'nt play

06,12,13 NBA Champions Brickz187's Avatar

Damn. shout outs go to Ray Ray and his daughter man. I dont blame him if he misses out on game 6. Dude has had way too much on his mind this whole playoffs. Hopefully he does the right thing weither it be play game 6 or stay with his child. I wont fault him for either of the decisions he makes. He knows whats important to HIM not any of us or anyone else.

Decent playground baller ShowtymeCA2NC's Avatar

Prayers go out to Ray Allen and his family

Quote Originally Posted by 5 2 3 5
    Let's see...

Allen himself is 100% healthy.

According to Doc, Perkins doubtful for Game 6 (though it's probably a load of bullsh[COLOR="Black"]it[/COLOR]).

The Celtics just lost Game 5.

If the Celtics lose, the pressure isn't on the Lakers, but on the Celtics (for being only the third team in NBA history to play a Game 7 after having a 3-1 Finals lead).

He is their third best player.

In other words, he will play, and there's really no doubt about it.
    He's going to play. It's just another thing he has to worry about, something that is in the back of his mind. It can motivate him to play better or distract him and make him play worse. He is a competitor so he will probably play better. No one knows. The Lakers aren't winning two games in a row in Boston.

It might be the most importent game in his whole life if they win.

Quote Originally Posted by Rab
    It depends on how long his daughter went without knowing what was wrong. When my sister was diagnosed, she had become really dehydrated, pale, and was beginning to lose significant weight. This was all in the span of about 4-5days. When my parents took her in, she was in the hospital for about 3 days. The doctors said if we would've waited a day later to come in, she probably would've hit the coma stage. Diabetes are not to be messed with in this stage.
    Yeah, thats what I mean.

But if a pro athelete's kids start to look pale and/or are sick they get to better doctors and get there faster. Plus, in that condition, once you get into the hospital and are diagnosed, you get a lot better pretty quickly.

I'm pretty sure your sister was feeling a lot better as soon as she got her sugar level balanced correctly, probably the same day she got in to the hospital. The extra few days are usually just in case or to recover from what you already when through (fatigue, weight loss, etc) not to fix something thats wrong with you.

Learning to shoot layups Lakers73's Avatar

I've always been a Ray Allen fan, ever since his UConn days. Hope his family is ok.

With that said........Go Lakers!!!!!!

I hope she's alright.

Best wishes with his family.

Saw a basketball once King of the D's Avatar

Stern hired someone to do it so the Lakers could force a game 7.