Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Final ISH Mock Draft (Post-Withdrawal)

Are you guys picking both rounds? If so does anyone have the Lakers?

Local High School Star TarHeelBorn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Basketball#1
    This draft is a mess.
    Agreed. Lopez over Beasley? Memphis taking a PG? Knicks taking a less athletic PF in a D'Antoni system?

Someone should use a random number generator to place posters with teams (or re-distribute teams somehow) and just start over.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Wait, I've only been checking in once a day or so....Lopez got taken over Beasley?! Who the F made that pick, they should be banned from any future mocks.

Also, if there's a Western Conference guy who's more up on Portland than I am (not much), I'd be cool with swapping. I follow the whole league plenty, but I've seen A LOT more of the EC teams. And specifically paid attention to the Central Division teams since that's where Indy is. If not, that's cool to.
    Last edited by InspiredLebowski; 06-18-2008 at 01:30 AM.

McCants is Available!!

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Wait, I've only been checking in once a day or so....Lopez got taken over Beasley?! Who the F made that pick, they should be banned from any future mocks.

Also, if there's a Western Conference guy who's more up on Portland than I am (not much), I'd be cool with swapping. I follow the whole league plenty, but I've seen A LOT more of the EC teams. And specifically paid attention to the Central Division teams since that's where Indy is. If not, that's cool to.
    I made the pick. In real life, of course if Minny drafted Beasley he would probably be traded because they really don't need him so I drafted for need. I f'd up, I know.

I made the pick. In real life, of course if Minny drafted Beasley he would probably be traded because they really don't need him so I drafted for need. I f'd up, I know.
    BANNED!

McCants is Available!!

BANNED!

edit: no need to start over...lopez addresses a t'wolve need. i should have taken the bpa, but i didn't.
    Last edited by Mr_Basketball#1; 06-18-2008 at 02:41 AM.

Yeah I know. Maybe we should start this thing over. I'm guessing Lebowski wants to take part in this as well.

what do you say fatboy11?
    I am taking part. Indy, Milwaukee, DC, Portland. You're really on your game today. And ****ty picks don't get you a do-over.

McCants is Available!!

I am taking part. Indy, Milwaukee, DC, Portland. You're really on your game today. And ****ty picks don't get you a do-over.

Brook Lopez is going to be a beast in Minny! So um, IN YOUR FACE!

Serious playground baller disco's Avatar

Ok, The Knicks' pick. I chose Love. Here's why....

Knicks obviously have various needs, but they also have a great new coach who will definitely change things in New York.

Many people seem to think that Knicks need a lead guard who can run D'Antoi's system, and while I partly agree, I also believe that Marbury, Crawford, Robison and Collins are dedent players and D'Antoni will get more out of them. No one available here would be an upgrade over what they already have. I think Augustin is one of the most overrated players in this draft. If you are the best floor leader of the class, it doesn't necessarily mean that you're a can't miss NBA point guard. Augustin will struggle in the NBA and picking him at sixth would be way too high. I like Westbrook, but I don't believe at all he can play PG - at least not in the next few years - and adding him as a SG doesn't make sense to me because I have high hopes for Crawford and Richardson.

Gordon seems to be a popular pick for the Knicks too, but I think that if they'll go for a SG, they are better off selecting someone taller than 6'3.

The two players I think would fit the Knicks' team best are Rush and Alexander (not Gallinari because D'Antoni likes his swingmen athletic). I was tempted to go for Rush, but #6 is maybe a bit too much. Alexander, on the other hand, has become so hyped that I think he is at least 6 to 7 places too high in most mocks. Yes, he is athletic, yes he seems like a decent chap who will be a good teammate and work hard, but I have concerns about how good he can really be in the NBA. In the last 10 games of the season - when he really made a name for himself - he was dominating. But having looked at some of those games again, I have started to wonder could he do that against more athletic opposition? He doesn't have very good skills, and he doesn't have that quick first step, and heck, can he even dribble the ball with his head up? I think that he dominated in those 10 games mostly because of his athletic superiority. But I am not sure at all if he can take it to the basket, or even create mid range jumpers for himself, when he faces NBA defenders.

In the end I chose Love because I think he's clearly the best player available. I think people are underrating his athletism (he did great in the tests at the camp) and I don't think that aspect will be any kind of an issue at all. Skills-wise, his the best big man in the draft in the the last couple of years, and will be an upgrade over Randolph and Curry. He is a great passer which will create more open looks for guys like Richardson and Crawford (two players who I think will blossom under D'Antoni) and even as a post up players creating for himself, he should be better than the existing front court players. Knicks' frontcourt isn't that deep. Curry, Randolph and Lee are the only ones I think should be rotation players next year and Love will definitely be a good addition this trio.

Also, as some wise men have said here before: If your roster sucks, you can't afford to draft for need. In most context, people say Curry and Randolph are hopeless, but are they all of a sudden so good that it should affect Knicks' selection, and because of that they shouldn't draft Love? I think it would be just stupid to pass on Love.
    Last edited by disco; 06-18-2008 at 07:00 AM.

Brook Lopez is going to be a beast in Minny! So um, IN YOUR FACE!
    Hey, maybe he will be, who knows.

waitin on monthh now. i'm gonna throw a guess out there and say he goes eric gordon

Good High School Starter

Yep, the Clippers will take Eric Gordon. They need major help at gaurd right now, and Gordon has the upside to be a 20 point scorer in the NBA, so he is a great starting point.

Quote Originally Posted by monthh
    Yep, the Clippers will take Eric Gordon. They need major help at gaurd right now, and Gordon has the upside to be a 20 point scorer in the NBA, so he is a great starting point.
    i knew it. good pick. not who i would have taken, but still a solid pick.

McCants is Available!!

I picked Bayless because the Grizz have said one of their main goals was to try to sign Monta Ellis. Bayless is just as good as Monta with college experience. I don't think it was a bad pick actually. I'm sure if the pick was made either crittenton or lowry or maybe both would be traded.

Milwaukee Bucks take Joe Alexander, SF, West Virginia