Page 164 of 166 FirstFirst ... 64114154161162163164165166 LastLast
Results 2,446 to 2,460 of 2487

Default Re: OFFICIAL: TRADE/Aquisitions THREAD

Damn, haven't posted here in a while. Dunno if anyone visits these Lakers forums anymore lol

NBA lottery pick

Yeah, it's been a while for me too lol.

So I posted here when we won in 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009,2010, and now 2020. 20 years man....time freaking flies!!!!!

To all the Laker fam that posted here before...Purps, Abbs, SoCal, ev08 (lol) too many to mention...hope you are all doing well! Go Lakers!!!

NBA lottery pick

Yeah, it does go by fast. There's quite a few of us who have been on here for years. Great win last night!

I am proud of this team.

Well it seems like we will probably lose a few guys. AD is going to opt out and re-sign for max. LeBron, of course.
    -I would let Mcgee go and try to keep Dwight. Maybe 8mill per year for Dwight for 2yrs guaranteed and couple million extra bonus non-guaranteed if he stays healthy.
    -I would try to trade Kuzma for someone else young. Not sold on Kuzma.. I would try to package Kuzma and Danny Green together for a starting level guard.
    -Definitely sign Avery Bradley, kcp, Caruso on 2yr deals but I would be open to including any of them in trade package with Kuzma/Danny if we can get a decent starting guard, but try hard to keep all 3 of them.
    -I would try to hold onto Rondo and Morris if they don't ask for too much. Perhaps $5mil apiece.
    -Hold onto Waiters and Dudley only if they accept the minimum.
    -Keep developing THT but open to including in trade package deal if necessary.

Then search for a decent 6th man role player you can get for full mid-level exception. Someone who can shoot decent off the bench..

NBA lottery pick

Rondo wants to get paid. That's why he opted out. So I would have to think he won't be a Laker next year. I agree, keeping Howard would be good for us. I keep thinking about Cousins too. If that guy is finally healthy it would be nice to see him out there for once with those guys. Maybe they will have the money for him. I see a trade of some kind taking place. I do think the Lakers believe they need a 3rd star. They missed out on Kawhi last off season. This one they will be trying to find that guy. I saw some Chris Paul rumors. Obviously Green and Kuzma would need be involved for that (as well as plenty of others). Not sure how they will fill out a roster with that huge salary though. I wonder who else may be available they could go for.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24 View Post
    Rondo wants to get paid. That's why he opted out. So I would have to think he won't be a Laker next year. I agree, keeping Howard would be good for us. I keep thinking about Cousins too. If that guy is finally healthy it would be nice to see him out there for once with those guys. Maybe they will have the money for him. I see a trade of some kind taking place. I do think the Lakers believe they need a 3rd star. They missed out on Kawhi last off season. This one they will be trying to find that guy. I saw some Chris Paul rumors. Obviously Green and Kuzma would need be involved for that (as well as plenty of others). Not sure how they will fill out a roster with that huge salary though. I wonder who else may be available they could go for.
    CP3 is guaranteed too much money (41m then 44m) and too many years. I would steer clear of him at this age.

I would look to see if any other guards are on the market. Bradley Beal would be perfect, but he is not realistic. We don't have assets for a Beal trade.

Perhaps Bogdanovic, who would be an upgrade over Kuzma/Danny Green offensively but Danny Green is better defender. Avery Bradley and Bogdan would be a solid backcourt with kcp off the bench alongside Caruso. I would do it.

LeVert or Dinwiddie from Brooklyn is also a possibility. I probably prefer Dinwiddie even though LeVert is the better shooter. Dinwiddie can create for others (good replacement for Rondo) & would allow Bradley to play 2-guard.

That is it.. I can't think of anyone else on the market.. Jrue Holliday would be perfect, but we don't have assets to get him. It's rough.

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    CP3 is guaranteed too much money (41m then 44m) and too many years. I would steer clear of him at this age.

I would look to see if any other guards are on the market. Bradley Beal would be perfect, but he is not realistic. We don't have assets for a Beal trade.

Perhaps Bogdanovic, who would be an upgrade over Kuzma/Danny Green offensively but Danny Green is better defender. Avery Bradley and Bogdan would be a solid backcourt with kcp off the bench alongside Caruso. I would do it.

LeVert or Dinwiddie from Brooklyn is also a possibility. I probably prefer Dinwiddie even though LeVert is the better shooter. Dinwiddie can create for others (good replacement for Rondo) & would allow Bradley to play 2-guard.

That is it.. I can't think of anyone else on the market.. Jrue Holliday would be perfect, but we don't have assets to get him. It's rough.
    Seems like all the guys who would be perfect Lakers wouldn't have enough assets for. Holiday is someone I imagined in the past playing for the Lakers tho.

NBA lottery pick

Latest rumor is Derrick Rose again.

Brian Windhorst indicated as much in an interview with our own Jas Kang. As Windhorst said, “There’s a deal out there for them for another guard. That would be interesting. I’ll see if they actually go forward with it. It’s a guard on the last year of his contract who was great last year for his team and that team may be looking to move him.”

Windhorst doesn’t specify which guard — or even what kind of guard — the Lakers are targeting, but the front office’s pattern of behavior over the past year suggests it’s a jitterbug point guard who can alleviate some of the scoring burden on the team’s two superstars.
    If Windhorst is not making it up..

Following guards fit that criteria:
    Dennis Schroeder
    *Kyle Lowry
    *DeMar DeRozan (if he opts in)
    *Evan Fournier (if he opts in)
    JJ Redick
    Victor Oladipo
    Derrick Rose

I don't see Kyle Lowry going anywhere. DeMar same. Fournier will most likely opt out, which makes him a free-agent. That leaves the others. Oladipo will be tough to match salaries at $21mill but it is doable.

Edit: Patty Mills fits the criteria except I don't think he had a good season. Don't think he is very good tbh.
    Last edited by bladefd; 11-01-2020 at 02:00 AM.

NBA lottery pick

I think everyone here knows I'm a Pistons guy too. I know Rose is actually happy there for some reason. We all saw him play last season before the bubble and he was very very good. I would love to see him have a chance to win big. To accept that role and crush it.

NBA lottery pick

I like the trade for Shroder. He's a guy that can create off the bench. Probably the Lakers 3rd option even at this point. He averaged 18.9ppg last season. I would expect that to go down a bit on this team but the guy can still get buckets. I would assume this means they don't expect to be able to resign Rondo as well.

I rule the local playground

We need a big, rim protector off the bench.

NBA lottery pick

That's why I thought it was odd they didn't try to bring Dwight back.

Well, we will be without AD until 2nd half of season. I just hope he gets better soon and we can stay healthy going into playoffs.