Page 165 of 166 FirstFirst ... 65115155162163164165166 LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,475 of 2487
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: OFFICIAL: TRADE/Aquisitions THREAD

I have a feeling something will happen in the buyout market.

NBA lottery pick

With Cousins leaving Houston and AD being out now I think the Lakers need to make a strong push to bring him back to LA. He has shown that he can still play when he gets minutes. With losing Howard this past off season I've always felt there was a need a C anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24 View Post
    With Cousins leaving Houston and AD being out now I think the Lakers need to make a strong push to bring him back to LA. He has shown that he can still play when he gets minutes. With losing Howard this past off season I've always felt there was a need a C anyhow.
    Why is Houston cutting him? Wonder what happened. If Cousins can still play, I wouldn't mind bringing him back. However I feel we need a defensive bigman more than an offensive center coming off multiple serious injuries and 2 separate rehabs. I'm bit uncomfortable bringing him on-board especially in light of AD's injury. Isn't it worth waiting for a defensive-minded center to end up on the market?

I also read Lakers are interested in PJ Tucker, but I feel he is too similar to Harrell. An undersized big man who plays hard. We already have Harrell.

NBA lottery pick

I don't see any defensive stoppers coming on the market. I've seen the Blake Griffin rumors. He's not that guy. I hear what you're saying though. We need that Howard role. I do think Cousins has a lot left to give this season though. Looks like he's finally pretty healthy. When he had opportunities he put up numbers. I feel like Brooklyn would offer him a spot off the bench. Jordan will start there. But the Lakers could say they can offer him a starting spot. That doesn't have to be Gasol's. To be a starter on a contender and help them through a stretch without one of their major stars would be pretty enticing. Plus he has history with AD and the Lakers. Plus I think having Gasol and Harrell on the roster would be something he may want. It means he doesn't have to shoulder the entire load in the middle. I would have to guess he may even have a home out here. Seems like a perfect fit to me. With teams like the Jazz and Nuggets that the Lakers will need to possibly play in the playoffs having bigs is something that is a necessity. Imagine last season getting through Denver without Howard...

I don't see many alternatives either yet. Perhaps we will as we get closer to the trade deadline. Idk. Maybe Mcgee becomes available again? Not sure if bridges were burned with JaVale behind closed doors.

NBA lottery pick

The Andre Drummond signing is huge. With AD being out especially.

The Andre Drummond signing is huge. With AD being out especially.
    Definitely! Best part is AD is expected to return in a week or 2 and already practicing. I think Drummond will be a great fit next to AD.

We still have 1 more slot, which I am hopeful could be Avery Bradley. He could push KCP back to the bench and pretty much take Matthews' role. Matthews hasn't worked out too well. In playoffs, we will probably have to limit THT's minutes too. I don't think he is ready for playoffs except in garbage minutes.

My playoffs depth:
    Drummond/Harrell/AD
    AD/Kuz/Morris
    LeBron/Kuz
    Bradley/kcp/Matthews
    Schroeder/Caruso

Gasol will be only against certain teams like Denver, Utah, Portland and on bench otherwise. He is not quite the same as few years ago so he is best as backup now ala Javale McGee last year.

Disappointing way to end our season.. No energy, horrendous shooting, and that about sums it up. We are going to need some roster changes.

You have to try to move Kuzma. He has been regressing and I think he is what you see. His $13mill will be movable but you might have to add someone or something in order to move him. I just don't know who you can get in return. It has to be someone who can shoot well.

It might be possible for Harrell and his agent to find a team offering him longer deal to s&t him to, and you throw in Kuzma's contract and a future 1st rounder on top. Harrell or Schroeder. Lakers can search for a decent role-player player with either an expiring contract or a freeagent another team is willing to use in a sign & trade. Has to be a fairly good 3pt shooter (35%+ from the 3), be able to help facilitate when Lebron sits, and play halfway decent perimeter defense. Kyle Lowry, Tim Hardaway Jr, Devonte Graham, Gary Trent Jr, Derrick Rose are all possibilities. Maybe someone would be willing to s&t Lowry for Harrell, Kuzma, and a first. Gary Trent Jr would be a great fit too, but it might be hard to get a team to do it. D-Rose has been able to stay healthy but he is always bit risky. I would not mind Dinwiddie from Brooklyn or LeVert from Pacers if they want Harrell in a s&t.

I think ultimately, neither Harrell or Schroeder fit our roster well. Harrell would be great if he could play defense or if he was a few inches taller. Schroeder showed zero energy and can't shoot 3s, kept missing layups in playoffs. Drummond is probably getting better deal elsewhere so let him go - his defense is poor. All 3 can go, but I would try to see if they are okay with s&t then we can get someone else in return. It's going to be hard to but I think it's doable.

LeBron, AD and kcp have long-term contracts, and that's fine. Kcp is solid 5th option who plays good perimeter defense & hits 3s well usually. Caruso I would bring back on a 4mill deal. Dudley, Matthews, Morris, THT I wouldn't mind bringing back for the minimum to provide veteran leadership and depth (maybe we can upgrade Morris, Dudley for some other better 3pt shooting vet on minimum? I just don't know who). If Gasol decides to stay, keep him too on veterans minimum. Anyone else we don't need. Dwight will be a FA so it would be nice to bring him back on veteran's minimum.

NBA lottery pick

Getting Westbrook is pretty huge. Now if AD or Lebron miss games they have another guy there that can initiate the offense. Clearly an upgrade from Schroeder, but also better than any of the players that were traded. It'll be interesting to see how they can fill this roster out.

Getting Westbrook is pretty huge. Now if AD or Lebron miss games they have another guy there that can initiate the offense. Clearly an upgrade from Schroeder, but also better than any of the players that were traded. It'll be interesting to see how they can fill this roster out.
    Still need a shooter. LeBron can't be your best shooter across all 5 starters..

I really hope we can somehow get Buddy Hield. We need him to help with the spacing. If we don't have another shooter, teams will simply stack up the paint and dare us to shoot 3s.

NBA lottery pick

Since the trade isn't finalized the rumor is one or more teams could still get involved. So Sacramento could still trade Hield to the Lakers somehow. I would imagine at this point it would have to be through Schroeder, Drummond, and/or THT sign and trades at this point because there's nothing else left on the roster lol. But yeah they definitely need shooting. I like they are taking a chance on Mac McClung. Seems like a low risk thing to send him to training camp and see how it goes. He can shoot really well but who knows if he has what it takes to play at the next level. One thing for sure now is the Kings do absolutely have to trade Hield. Drafting Davion Mitchell when you already have Fox and Haliburton makes for too crowded of a back court. He's going somewhere for sure.

Since the trade isn't finalized the rumor is one or more teams could still get involved. So Sacramento could still trade Hield to the Lakers somehow. I would imagine at this point it would have to be through Schroeder, Drummond, and/or THT sign and trades at this point because there's nothing else left on the roster lol. But yeah they definitely need shooting. I like they are taking a chance on Mac McClung. Seems like a low risk thing to send him to training camp and see how it goes. He can shoot really well but who knows if he has what it takes to play at the next level. One thing for sure now is the Kings do absolutely have to trade Hield. Drafting Davion Mitchell when you already have Fox and Haliburton makes for too crowded of a back court. He's going somewhere for sure.
    I wish we had sent Harrell/Kuzma/#22 for Hield. Then kcp/Schroeder/THT/future 1st for Westbrook.. Instead, we used all of our assets other than Schroeder/THT for Westbrook. I don't know if anyone wants to pay Schroeder what he wants while giving us something decent in return.

Someone brought up the idea of Schroeder/our #2s from Wizards to Chicago, Markkanen/our future 1st rounder to Kings, and Hield to Lakers.

I think it depends on where Lonzo goes because Chicago wants him. Schroeder is their backup plan. If they get Lonzo then they don't need Schroeder.
    The other problem is that Kings have Bagley. I don't know if they would want Markkanen

We just added Dwight, Ariza, and Wayne Ellington on veteran's minimum for our bench!

Rudy Gay is leaning towards the Lakers too. Lakers are trying to get Danny Green too.

It looks like we may lose Caruso. THT should be back, but I hope we can trade him for a starting SG.

Saw a basketball once

The Lakers roster is built for the post season when the game slows down. I don't think they'll dominate the regular season by any means. Should be interesting

Lakers look pathetic and uninterested in winning. An embarrassing loss tonight to the sub-500 Celtics.. Westbrook trade looks like an accident and in return, we gave up our top defenders in Caruso/kcp. We look even worse than last season.