Page 166 of 166 FirstFirst ... 66116156163164165166
Results 2,476 to 2,485 of 2485
  1. #2476
    NBA lottery pick
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    5,748

    Default Re: OFFICIAL: TRADE/Aquisitions THREAD

    Agreed, it's looked really bad so far. It doesn't help that Lebron was out for so long. We have to hope that now that he's back they can start to gel as a team quickly. But clearly the defense just is not there. And the outside shooting is horrendous. That's not a good recipe for winning games. It also kind of scares me that AD can't lead the team to more wins when Lebron isn't there. For a guy who is so extremely talented it just doesn't translate to wins without Lebron. He and Russ should have been enough to keep the team above water. THT was a bright spot until tonight. It all really makes me wonder what will happen after December 15th when teams really start thinking about trades. Do the Lakers ride it out and hope the chemistry happens or do they pull the trigger quickly? Tough to say right now.

  2. #2477
    The Renaissance man bladefd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Galaxy Far Far Away
    Posts
    14,863

    Default Re: OFFICIAL: TRADE/Aquisitions THREAD

    Quote Originally Posted by dd24 View Post
    Agreed, it's looked really bad so far. It doesn't help that Lebron was out for so long. We have to hope that now that he's back they can start to gel as a team quickly. But clearly the defense just is not there. And the outside shooting is horrendous. That's not a good recipe for winning games. It also kind of scares me that AD can't lead the team to more wins when Lebron isn't there. For a guy who is so extremely talented it just doesn't translate to wins without Lebron. He and Russ should have been enough to keep the team above water. THT was a bright spot until tonight. It all really makes me wonder what will happen after December 15th when teams really start thinking about trades. Do the Lakers ride it out and hope the chemistry happens or do they pull the trigger quickly? Tough to say right now.
    Turnovers too. We are giving up possession after possession. We had perhaps our easiest stretch of games this season, and we got torn apart by teams like okc twice.

    I think we are going to have to dump Westbrook in the summer. He will enter the expiring year so he will have good trade value hopefully. 45mill expiring contract is alway valuable!

  3. #2478
    NBA lottery pick
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    5,748

    Default Re: OFFICIAL: TRADE/Aquisitions THREAD

    I was wondering that too. But I also wonder how that works exactly. It was Lebron and AD who wanted Westbrook to come to LA. They chose him over Derozen and Hield. Those deals were basically done and then they put the hard recruit on to go this direction. Would Lebron and AD turn their backs on him? Or do their ego's think they just make it work somehow? And that's assuming they don't make it work this season. The three of them haven't been on the court together a ton yet. So who knows. Maybe they turn it around. It took Wade, Bosh, and Lebron a bit to get going in Miami. And they were much younger then too. I think over the next 10-15 games we'll see what this team is as long as the 3 of them are out there. And if it looks bad I don't know if they wait until next season. The time to win is now.

  4. #2479
    The Renaissance man bladefd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Galaxy Far Far Away
    Posts
    14,863

    Default Re: OFFICIAL: TRADE/Aquisitions THREAD

    Quote Originally Posted by dd24 View Post
    I was wondering that too. But I also wonder how that works exactly. It was Lebron and AD who wanted Westbrook to come to LA. They chose him over Derozen and Hield. Those deals were basically done and then they put the hard recruit on to go this direction. Would Lebron and AD turn their backs on him? Or do their ego's think they just make it work somehow? And that's assuming they don't make it work this season. The three of them haven't been on the court together a ton yet. So who knows. Maybe they turn it around. It took Wade, Bosh, and Lebron a bit to get going in Miami. And they were much younger then too. I think over the next 10-15 games we'll see what this team is as long as the 3 of them are out there. And if it looks bad I don't know if they wait until next season. The time to win is now.
    I expect Vogel to get the blame first if we don't significantly improve by mid-season and Fizdale to take over. Fizdale is an even worse coach than Vogel, but I don't think LeBron knows that. Eventually, LeBron/AD will realize Westbrook doesn't fit & move him elsewhere in the summer..

    I think we will make the playoffs ultimately if LeBron/AD stay healthy, but I don't have high expectations to get far. Perhaps even 1st round exit. It feels like 2012-13 all over again. That team at least was a very good fit on paper, but this year's team simply doesn't make much sense from a personnel standpoint.

  5. #2480
    NBA lottery pick
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    5,748

    Default Re: OFFICIAL: TRADE/Aquisitions THREAD

    Looks like the Lakers may move Rondo to the Cavs. Since Rubio is out for the season it makes sense. Then they open the roster spot to sign Stanley Johnson is the rumor.

  6. #2481
    The Renaissance man bladefd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Galaxy Far Far Away
    Posts
    14,863

    Default Re: OFFICIAL: TRADE/Aquisitions THREAD

    Quote Originally Posted by dd24 View Post
    Looks like the Lakers may move Rondo to the Cavs. Since Rubio is out for the season it makes sense. Then they open the roster spot to sign Stanley Johnson is the rumor.
    That's fine if we can get a 2nd round pick out of it. Rondo may be finished anyways

  7. #2482
    Home of the 16
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    ☆Home of the 16☆
    Posts
    7,204

    Default Re: OFFICIAL: TRADE/Aquisitions THREAD

    hi, guys. I miss the rebuild. how does everyone feel about trading Lebron for picks? there's probably teams out there who would do that deal in a heartbeat. KINGS ACCEPT!

  8. #2483
    The Renaissance man bladefd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Galaxy Far Far Away
    Posts
    14,863

    Default Re: OFFICIAL: TRADE/Aquisitions THREAD

    Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold View Post
    hi, guys. I miss the rebuild. how does everyone feel about trading Lebron for picks? there's probably teams out there who would do that deal in a heartbeat. KINGS ACCEPT!
    I don't think Lakers would do that because future players would notice & hesitate to sign if they see us ship out LeBron. I think LeBron would not like it either and make it clear publicly. I don't know how AD would respond either to that. I think it could backfire on us.

  9. #2484
    NBA lottery pick
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    5,748

    Default Re: OFFICIAL: TRADE/Aquisitions THREAD

    Agreed, no way Lebron gets moved.

  10. #2485
    NBA lottery pick
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    5,748

    Default Re: OFFICIAL: TRADE/Aquisitions THREAD

    There's a lot of Lakers rumors out there today lol.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •